Jul 17th, '08, 10:49
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jul 17th, '08, 10:49

joelbct wrote:I respectfully disagree-
Wow, a polite guy. I've got my eye on you, bubba, in case you try any more of that smooth talking jive.

I suppose now we all have to play nice...

Jul 17th, '08, 11:45

by Zodduska » Jul 17th, '08, 11:45

joelbct wrote:(wouldn't eliminate anything)
oh, sorry, I should have read more carefully. edited my first post so as not to confuse anyone.

Jul 17th, '08, 12:11

by Buzz Fledderjohn » Jul 17th, '08, 12:11

Space Samurai wrote:...am I the only one who thinks maybe we're over thinking this one a bit?
I agree, Space. Just create a new thread, link it to the old thread, and move on.
You can't leave comments in a photo gallery...what fun is that?

Jul 17th, '08, 12:54

by Geekgirl » Jul 17th, '08, 12:54

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: I agree, Space. Just create a new thread, link it to the old thread, and move on.
You can't leave comments in a photo gallery...what fun is that?
I agree. The comments are part of the fun. Besides, forum gallery functionality is always poor compared to using a photo site and linking to the picture. You really can't control if people take them down, even if it does mess up the thread. It would be nice, though, if there were a photo-only thread where pics are double posted. Sure it would still be a scroll through gallery, and end up many pages long, but it's on my wish list. Maybe a tea-day photo only thread, and a teawares photo only thread?

Jul 17th, '08, 18:59

by joelbct » Jul 17th, '08, 18:59

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:You can't leave comments in a photo gallery...what fun is that?
Yes you can.... Anyway, no one is suggesting we do away with the thread... But a gallery too could be helpful and would prevent the dead/broken links.

Oh well, if no one is with me, I will stop arguing my case. I'll just compile my own massive secret internet teaware gallery. Muahahaha Image

Jul 17th, '08, 19:50

by Chip » Jul 17th, '08, 19:50

I have been listening carefully to all your suggestions on this and other threads related to this.

Thanks for all the contributions and thoughts you have put into it. Please be patient as we try to see what will work best for the forum.

Personally, mod hat off, I would like to see an "official" gallery that is a part of TeaChat either directly or indirectly. But it is OFFICIAL. Details I am very fuzzy on.

But definitely keep the threads going as well and the discussions that add color to the photos (yeah, bad pun).
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 17th, '08, 20:04

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 17th, '08, 20:04

What does "official" mean? I tend to agree with Joel; this isn't really that big a deal, or much to ask. Hell, we have had a photo album for what, a week now? It's really not hard to implement, and there's no reason we can't have the thread too.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

+ Post Reply