Tuesday TeaDay 9/02/08 CRAVE FACTOR of black tea

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your personal "CRAVE FACTOR" for black teas is ...

10 I cannot resist the Dark Side
11%
9 I realllly realllly crave 'em, even the night before
3%
8 I realllly crave 'em
10%
7 I certainly crave them
8%
6 Yep, cravin' blacks
13%
5 Maybe, though crave might be too strong a word
18%
4 I like them, maybe, but not craving them
21%
3 No, I do not crave them
11%
2 Don't really like them
5%
1 Hate them
No votes

Total votes: 62

Sep 2nd, '08, 09:46

by jazz88 » Sep 2nd, '08, 09:46

omegapd wrote:8 for me. Before I started getting into Pu-erh, it would have been 10.
8 for me as well. I like all black teas except for Yunnan :oops: I just couldn't deal with the smell ... Sorry Yunnan fans ...
Going to drink some Keemun in a minute.

Sep 2nd, '08, 09:52

by joelbct » Sep 2nd, '08, 09:52

I said 9. I have been known to fall asleep thinking of what Black Tea I will have the next morning ;)

<--- Golden Buddha Fujian Red (Black). Very downy leaf, like half orange hairs... Must be hydroponically-grown!

Sep 2nd, '08, 10:24

by doyoulovedee » Sep 2nd, '08, 10:24

i think i'm only craving blacks because this is my first opening shift in at least a month...

lychee black will get me started, hopefully. if not the rockstar at work sure will.

Sep 2nd, '08, 10:48

by xine » Sep 2nd, '08, 10:48

I crave them in the morning. I used to have sick cravings for rich black tea with lot sof milk and honey. oooh doggie. those cravings have come to pass, but I do once in a while really long for Golden Monkey (since I've been sticking to greens and oolongs for quite sometime).

Having some yunnan in a bit...veering off the usual.

Sep 2nd, '08, 10:56

by geeber1 » Sep 2nd, '08, 10:56

"You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side"

Sep 2nd, '08, 12:16

by GalileosDaughter » Sep 2nd, '08, 12:16

rainbow wrote:Well, I voted 10, as I absolutely crave black tea all day everyday. My favorite teas are almost all black teas. Though I like and drink a number of greens and whites, it's mostly black tea for me. A good Assam, a Yunnan, or a Darjeeling does it for me every time. I really only seem to crave white and green tea in the evening- every other time it's black tea.
My feelings exactly, except you wrote it much better. :)

Sep 2nd, '08, 12:50

by jewelbug » Sep 2nd, '08, 12:50

I voted 5. I like black teas, and enjoy when I drink them, but I'm very often drawn to other teas, my strongest preference being for oolongs. But occasionally nothing but black tea will do. Maybe I should've voted 4? I dunno... ;)

In the cup right now: Water. Oh, the humanity. I'm at an all day off-site meeting, far away from the tea brewing set up I have in my office at work. I refuse to drink the lipton tea bag with hot water from the little meeting caraffe....

Last night I enjoyed an aged pu-erh tea from bronzebed. It was so very earthy, you're right! But it was a nice evening tea for me. Silly question: I wonder if astrological signs affect people's tea choices at all? Are fire signs more drawn to strongly roasted teas? Are earth signs more drawn to pu-erh (I'm a Taurus)? Etc...

Sep 2nd, '08, 12:56

by geeber1 » Sep 2nd, '08, 12:56

Salsero, love the macho photo today! That dark turquoise on the cup and the browns are very manly and also great 'pre-fall' colors.

In honor of your color scheme, I used the same on my to-do board here at work. :)

Sep 2nd, '08, 13:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Sep 2nd, '08, 13:01

geeber1 wrote:Salsero, love the macho photo today! That dark turquoise on the cup and the browns are very manly and also great 'pre-fall' colors.
Thanks. Tim and Orguz were talking this morning in Live Chat about Mooncakes and the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival which is apparently next week. That the colors worked out that way, however, is an accident as are most of my successes! I was just going for the masculine look with a Chinese lucky red backdrop.

Sep 2nd, '08, 13:14

by olivierco » Sep 2nd, '08, 13:14

Kanro gyokuro right now. Just what I needed after a long day at work.

Sep 2nd, '08, 13:26

by Cinnamon Kitty » Sep 2nd, '08, 13:26

I don't really crave black teas as much as I do other teas. I do drink them, but only have a few that I really like.

Black teas make awesome iced tea for me though, so I am currently enjoying some cold Organic Monk's Blend with a pinch of Orange Blossom Oolong. I wasn't craving it, but it hits the spot with the hot weather.

Sep 2nd, '08, 13:46

by Geekgirl » Sep 2nd, '08, 13:46

Gorgeous photo Sal, (plus I covet that cup.)

I don't really crave them, so 4. I do like them though, and will have black teas as a base for my iced tea about twice a week, and chai latte (made at home) once or twice a week.

Yesterday I really enjoyed a sample of aged sheng puerh provided by ABx, (thank you!) it was the best I've had to date. I think before now I have been very keen on the idea of puerh, but it definitely was not a "go-to" tea, even though I've had a few I really liked. This one made a believer out of me. Also, I took some in to my hubby (who was holed up in his den playing WOW) and he really liked it too. Said it reminded him on some level of a belgian beer. LOL!

This morning, started with my morning matcha (tea not bird) and I'm heading out to work. When I get there... a big tea question mark.

Sep 2nd, '08, 13:55

by Pentox » Sep 2nd, '08, 13:55

I don't really have cravings for black tea. I enjoy it from time to time, but not necessarily craving it.

In this morning's cup: Some random flavored black tea from Lupicia. I forgot the name of it already. Yay for boxes of samples to just pull randomly from. Makes the morning interesting.

Sep 2nd, '08, 14:08

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '08, 14:08

jazz88 wrote:
8 for me as well. I like all black teas except for Yunnan :oops: I just couldn't deal with the smell ... Sorry Yunnan fans ...
Going to drink some Keemun in a minute.
Pretty much me to a TEA! I will reach for a Keemun any day over a Yunnan, but I totally get how it has such a following.

But I went with 4, I like them, just don't crave blacks at this time. They tend to be a part of my morning routine. If I don't have one first thing in the morning, I won't.

Sooo, Keemun Concerto first thing this morning. Then my first trial of O-Cha Yutaka Midori nonshincha. It is as good as shincha, which is great since the shincha is sooo amazing.

What is next :?:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Sep 2nd, '08, 14:20

by Wosret » Sep 2nd, '08, 14:20

Studies are showing that what a mother eats during pregnancy will influence the tastes of her child throughout their lives. My mother is British, and I know for a fact that she drank black teas throughout pregnancy and during breastfeeding. Growing up, black tea was pretty much the only tea. (I can't remember when I learned that there were other types of tea, but that journey of discovery started with green jasmine teas in Chinese restaurants.) So, I was raised on black tea, and I still love it.

10!

Also: the Darth Vader icon is cracking me up. :lol: