Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 20th, '10, 05:20

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by sebpassion » Dec 20th, '10, 05:20

i just had some kabusecha from o-cha.
although i'm not the biggest asamushi-drinker, the 3rd and 4th steepings were pretty good. a good medium between normal sencha and gyokuro.

but i can't wait to try the warashina supreme :)

Dec 20th, '10, 05:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Stentor » Dec 20th, '10, 05:56

sebpassion wrote:but i can't wait to try the warashina supreme :)
Warashina Supreme somehow has been very hit or miss for me. I either enjoyed it a lot or I thought it was not that great (see my previous post).
My guess is you have to be careful not to eat something savory before which I have not always done, I suppose. I have one session left with it and will try to have some very mild food before it to give it one last fair shot at winning me over.
I did some experimenting with brewing parameters. I've found you probably need to brew it at 1 g per oz of water or it is too light. More than 1 g was clearly too strong, in my opinion (I tried 3 oz and 5 g for 90 seconds just as an experiment, had to dilute with water). Temperature between 65 and 70° C didn't make much difference.
I can recommend it for those who like mild sencha with some fruity notes, however. Let us know what you think when you've tried it.

Dec 20th, '10, 12:05

by puerhking » Dec 20th, '10, 12:05

Meng Shan Yun Mu - Cloud Mist from DTH

I've never really gotten into this one. It's like a heavier bi luo chun with very dominant chestnut flavors. I guess I can check this one off the list.

Dec 20th, '10, 13:04

by Fredrik » Dec 20th, '10, 13:04

Kaboku sencha and Wakamatsu-no-mukashi matcha from Ippodo.

Dec 21st, '10, 14:38

by exmechanistic » Dec 21st, '10, 14:38

Horai-no-mukashi from Ippodo that just arrived yesterday. I don't have much matcha experience and this is the best I've had so far, it's delicious!

Dec 21st, '10, 22:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 21st, '10, 22:12

Have been going back and forth with two organics from O-Cha ... really impressing me actually.

Oku-Yutaka starts out sweet and corny/grainy with fruit background that changes to more dried fruit with further steeps.

Sencha 7132 starts out fruity and evolves into a cinnamon raisin bread.

I have been brewing these with lower temps, around 155*

Almost out of both, oh noooooo!

Dec 22nd, '10, 08:02

by Tead Off » Dec 22nd, '10, 08:02

Ohsawa Shinise sencha. Twas a gift. Looks like a Fuka. I can't read Kanji.
Intensely green tasting like fresh cut hay. Such a beautiful wrapper around the tea package. Wishing the tea was as good as its wrapper. I'm not sure I want to drink anymore of this. :(

Dec 22nd, '10, 17:48

by JRS22 » Dec 22nd, '10, 17:48

I opened 2 small bags of lung ching, Weng Jia Shan and Shi Feng, both from Jing. I brewed them at 155 degrees for 1 minute - clearly not enough time or heat to draw out the flavor - so I'll experiment with different parameters tomorrow.

Dec 23rd, '10, 17:17

by Uji » Dec 23rd, '10, 17:17

My new favourite Organic tea is Kagoshima Sencha Magokoro I prepare the tea with water 70C in a 220ml kyusu

I use regular amount of tea not more as some organic Sencha require which is nice for me because the tea lasts much longer. Good astrigency and umami also I make 4 good infusion. . . Very fresh taste and good colour and beautiful leafs in the package

Dec 23rd, '10, 20:46

by Uji » Dec 23rd, '10, 20:46

Tonight with our dinners we are drinking Tokujo . . again !

Delicious when I steep the Sencha at 65C for one minute and the tea is better than when I make the tea for 70C, more umami and fresher taste and of course ORGANIC !!! no pesticides or harmful chemicals !! mmmmmm :mrgreen:

Dec 23rd, '10, 23:27

by Noahnoir » Dec 23rd, '10, 23:27

Yame Gyokuro... Good morning world... :)

Dec 24th, '10, 09:09

by chingwa » Dec 24th, '10, 09:09

Going back and forth between the kaboku sencha, and ippoen gyokuro, both bought at the Ippodo shop on my last trip to Kyoto. In both cases I was initially a bit disappointed... though the more I brew them the more I like them. I've found the kaboku to be very nice as long as you are careful about not over steeping. Some kind of karmic joke that by the time I really like them I run out of them :)

Not sure what I'll be trying next... maybe greens from Hojo...

Dec 24th, '10, 13:55

by AdamMY » Dec 24th, '10, 13:55

Just finished my first session of Yame Gyokuro from O-cha.... I will say it was quite nice. Sadly my olfactory senses are probably ruined for the next many hours due to me starting to prepare the French Onion Soup for this evening, and my eyes are burning from cutting up nearly a dozen onions.

Dec 25th, '10, 20:58

by NOESIS » Dec 25th, '10, 20:58

After Xmas dinner, now enjoying a few pots of organic sencha Shizuoka Sayamakaori.

Dec 26th, '10, 11:01

by debunix » Dec 26th, '10, 11:01

Starting the day with sencha, feels so nice to do so after some scattered mostly sencha-free weeks.

Hon Yama Zairai sencha from Norbu this morning, brewed 145 degrees and gradually warming up, sweet, nutty, mellow, and sencha-y.

+ Post Reply