Dec 8th, '14, 00:51

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by kyarazen » Dec 8th, '14, 00:51

chrl42 wrote: How's the period go?

The above one looks CR one, below 2 are expensive...6-letter? :P
yeap the top one is the classical/common 70s CR hong ni
bottom left is end 60s 6/4 char, bottom right is early to mid 60s 6 character

wouldnt think of them to be expensive, the 3 pots came from a kind taiwanese collector with whom I had traded some fragrant wood (about $500 cost?) about half a year ago. the fragrant wood was going for a few times of that price then, and his pots combined, also were going for a few times of that price.. so it was quite a "fair" trade :P

found these pots fairly instructive/informative. together with about ten other pots from the same era/earlier, its becoming clearer how the hongni was evolving with the times, the workmanship and firing. indeed yixing pot study requires ownership, constant study and handling. through the process of study/handling.. the pots from these eras become more and more "captivating"/"mesmerizing". i'm missing a 50's penggai of this size.. so let me know if you happen to see one around :D

such pots are still rather entry level stuffs though. the real deal is to go for the ROC and earlier hong and zhuni, which is more sophisticated, and much pricier.

Dec 8th, '14, 01:18

by BW85 » Dec 8th, '14, 01:18

kyarazen wrote:
chrl42 wrote: How's the period go?

The above one looks CR one, below 2 are expensive...6-letter? :P
yeap the top one is the classical/common 70s CR hong ni
bottom left is end 60s 6/4 char, bottom right is early to mid 60s 6 character

wouldnt think of them to be expensive, the 3 pots came from a kind taiwanese collector with whom I had traded some fragrant wood (about $500 cost?) about half a year ago. the fragrant wood was going for a few times of that price then, and his pots combined, also were going for a few times of that price.. so it was quite a "fair" trade :P

found these pots fairly instructive/informative. together with about ten other pots from the same era/earlier, its becoming clearer how the hongni was evolving with the times, the workmanship and firing. indeed yixing pot study requires ownership, constant study and handling. through the process of study/handling.. the pots from these eras become more and more "captivating"/"mesmerizing". i'm missing a 50's penggai of this size.. so let me know if you happen to see one around :D

such pots are still rather entry level stuffs though. the real deal is to go for the ROC and earlier hong and zhuni, which is more sophisticated, and much pricier.
Do you think your findings from studying these and other pots will make there way onto your blog someday? I'd enjoy reading about it

Dec 8th, '14, 02:12

by chrl42 » Dec 8th, '14, 02:12

I heard Factory-1 teapots were treated like a kitchen utility in SE asian wealthy families before..

Some mainlanders say Zaoqihu is not precisely made and artistic....but among them very few really understand 101 about Zaoqihu..(I think one should be flooding with master teapots and money to say that), 5~70s Factory-1 teapots are getting rare as to going on auction these days.

The price of Factory-1 teapots are not high as known master teapots these days, if number one reason is 'not preciesly made' and mould-used as they say, number two reason is just too many fakes are around that the knowers are limited hence the market is limited..so the market manipulators..chances are just low, at least that's how I see in the mainland.

Of course the earlier period ones are better..but the number is too few..looks like them the Taiwanese already swept those earlier in the 90s :mrgreen:

Dec 8th, '14, 02:51

by kyarazen » Dec 8th, '14, 02:51

the only redemption for factory pots is the incorporation of many old generation masters, i.e. GJZ, CKX, BSM, JR, many more in to the factory under communist rule. these type of "factory" pots often command prices higher than many ming jia pots as seen in auctions. the other redemption factor was that good clay, was made into peasantry items, allowing the masses to be able to enjoy the seasoning aesthetic etc

on the other hand, the "ming jia" thing has been plaguing chinese art, and it is more than "c0rrupt" at the moment, from certification procurement, forging, to dai-gong, to paying money to have the maker take photo with you whilst holding a pot, and so much more.

right now my collection interest is streamlining and focussing on pots of materials, size and shape that i find personal appreciation in, mostly stuff from the 70s and earlier. maybe a little bit of 7501/Red dynasty stuff, but i'm still sitting on the fence of that. the 釉中彩 is rather fascinating.

chrl42 wrote:I heard Factory-1 teapots were treated like a kitchen utility in SE asian wealthy families before..

Some mainlanders say Zaoqihu is not precisely made and artistic....but among them very few really understand 101 about Zaoqihu..(I think one should be flooding with master teapots and money to say that), 5~70s Factory-1 teapots are getting rare as to going on auction these days.

The price of Factory-1 teapots are not high as known master teapots these days, if number one reason is 'not preciesly made' and mould-used as they say, number two reason is just too many fakes are around that the knowers are limited hence the market is limited..so the market manipulators..chances are just low, at least that's how I see in the mainland.

Of course the earlier period ones are better..but the number is too few..looks like them the Taiwanese already swept those earlier in the 90s :mrgreen:

Dec 8th, '14, 03:15

by kyarazen » Dec 8th, '14, 03:15

BW85 wrote: Do you think your findings from studying these and other pots will make there way onto your blog someday? I'd enjoy reading about it
i dont know, maybe or maybe not. there are topics that i would sometimes prefer to avoid. such topics will only invite trouble, from people whom can become jealous, people whose trade/business is affected, and many more.

with regards to the clay studies, I'm not an aged old veteran collector, i've not amassed gigantic hoards/quantities of these things, there are many things that i had seen, touched, but never owned as the knowledge and kindness/benevolence of these benefactors outweighed the desire of ownership. in this forum, there are actually many hidden experts that know a lot more, seen a lot more, owned very a lot, these are the ones whom should be sharing instead.

i believe in my writings most of the time, i had never wanted to assert myself as an authority, neither was it a platform for me to show off physical objects that i had collected, nor to hype value/demand for things. instead i would prefer to emulate the style of Freakonomics/Superfreakonomics, where each article brings novel, new knowledge from the deep analysis of things, so that the reader can go "wow!, i didnt see it that way, or i didnt think of it to be like this!". so you can expect me to write about how the patina develops, on topics of wabi sabi, on why GJZ cannot make a Gongchun pot well, and all that trivial stuff instead.

Dec 8th, '14, 03:26

by BW85 » Dec 8th, '14, 03:26

kyarazen wrote:
BW85 wrote: Do you think your findings from studying these and other pots will make there way onto your blog someday? I'd enjoy reading about it
so you can expect me to write about how the patina develops, on topics of wabi sabi, on why GJZ cannot make a Gongchun pot well, and all that trivial stuff instead.
Trivial knowledge is just as fun; maybe more fun :lol:

Dec 8th, '14, 03:31

by kyarazen » Dec 8th, '14, 03:31

BW85 wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
so you can expect me to write about how the patina develops, on topics of wabi sabi, on why GJZ cannot make a Gongchun pot well, and all that trivial stuff instead.
Trivial knowledge is just as fun; maybe more fun :lol:
shouldnt you be asleep where you are?!?!!...........

Dec 8th, '14, 11:20

by puyuan » Dec 8th, '14, 11:20

kyarazen wrote:
puyuan wrote:I've been hunting for a jiazi shuiping for a while now... We'll have to visit some people in TW, I guess. :/
jiazi shouldnt be too hard to find i assume.. i've only been keeping my eyes peeled for hongni and early qingshuini these days
I hope so! I'd love get my hands on a 50s hongni sp too...

Speaking of shuiping, got this little guy from a fellow teachatter a while ago:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (26.68 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
image_4.jpg
image_4.jpg (31.85 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
image_1.jpg
image_1.jpg (33.6 KiB) Viewed 1235 times

Dec 8th, '14, 11:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Dec 8th, '14, 11:21

puyuan wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
puyuan wrote:I've been hunting for a jiazi shuiping for a while now... We'll have to visit some people in TW, I guess. :/
jiazi shouldnt be too hard to find i assume.. i've only been keeping my eyes peeled for hongni and early qingshuini these days

Just a guess but .. mid 70s, 70/80 ml SP?

Dec 8th, '14, 11:26

by chrl42 » Dec 8th, '14, 11:26

Wa...look at it shines!

Jiazini SP is very rare..most of SPs during the Jiazini year (early-80s), the clay was used for the various shapes of teapot for HK and Taiwan market. Niangaotu and CR Qing Shui Ni made up most of SP products.

Dec 8th, '14, 11:30

by puyuan » Dec 8th, '14, 11:30

William wrote:
puyuan wrote:
kyarazen wrote:

Just a guess but .. mid 70s, 70/80 ml SP?
Right on the money. (: It was originally David's at Essence of Tea, sourced from a taiwanese collector.

I imagined so, charlie! Still, wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out whilst hunting for pots there. :D

Dec 8th, '14, 20:29

by bonescwa » Dec 8th, '14, 20:29

Has anyone ever came across a yixing with an ivory spout or lid? I think that would be pretty cool (just for historical reasons).

Dec 8th, '14, 21:20

Re:

by kyarazen » Dec 8th, '14, 21:20

bonescwa wrote:Has anyone ever came across a yixing with an ivory spout or lid? I think that would be pretty cool (just for historical reasons).
nope.. but jade yes. joints were tin. some were wrapped in tin as well. a couple of my colleagues have these "heirlooms" which they had well hidden away during the CR.

Dec 10th, '14, 07:58

by Poseidon » Dec 10th, '14, 07:58

Anyone seen a tea pot with TWO spouts?

http://www.teafromtaiwan.com/utensils/t ... teapot-387

Dec 10th, '14, 09:25

by kyarazen » Dec 10th, '14, 09:25

Poseidon wrote:Anyone seen a tea pot with TWO spouts?

http://www.teafromtaiwan.com/utensils/t ... teapot-387

ooo yes. i have a nixing with two spouts.. queer though... wonder if its some super duper gongfu pot where you can dispense into 2 cups at one go! :lol:

+ Post Reply