Sep 26th, '10, 08:26

Re: Show Off Your Pots and Cups XIV

by TokyoB » Sep 26th, '10, 08:26

britt wrote:Due to a link posted in another thread, I checked out the vendor China Cha Dao and ordered this Jingdezhen Year of the Tiger handpainted gaiwan:
britt, I'm always reviewing the gaiwans on their site but have never seen this one. Was it up their briefly or is this a special order?

Sep 26th, '10, 13:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Sep 26th, '10, 13:29

Year of the dog here. Did you know blogger used to fill in the astrology stuff for you once you entered your birthday on your profile? So many years ago when I signed up for a secondary account, I put in some crazy year (1900 I think - year of the rat.) I had some idea of using it for a business "blog." My mom, who believes that zodiacs and astrology are demonized, was forwarded the link by another of her religious knucklehead friends, who was also horrified that I was "dabbling in the occult." (Keep in mind that in this particular instance my "dabbling" consisted of entering a birthdate in the signup window for blogger. HA!)

Anyways, my mom sends me a letter outlining how concerned she is that I'm getting "involved in spiritism," followed up with a phone call to, presumably, save me from the evil Chinese Rat. I had NO idea what she was talking about, until I finally figured out she was referring to the autopopulated astrology information on my blog profile. LOL! Of course, my response, "Blogger is WRONG! I'm the Year of the Dog!" didn't do much to bring her down off that ledge. :lol:

So let that me a lesson to all you spiritism dabblers, enter the correct date, lest you become a horse of a different... erm... fur? feather?

Sep 26th, '10, 13:40

by Alex » Sep 26th, '10, 13:40

TokyoB wrote:
britt wrote:Due to a link posted in another thread, I checked out the vendor China Cha Dao and ordered this Jingdezhen Year of the Tiger handpainted gaiwan:
britt, I'm always reviewing the gaiwans on their site but have never seen this one. Was it up their briefly or is this a special order?
It was just the one. Or though Jerry gets stock in hand and I know he doesn't buy in bulk usually max of 3-5 pieces of each so he probably just bought the one.

Sep 26th, '10, 13:52

by Mr. Usaji » Sep 26th, '10, 13:52

Geekgirl wrote:Did you know blogger used to fill in the astrology stuff for you once you entered your birthday on your profile?
I think TeaChat should show everyone's Chinese zodiac animal under their name. And their Wu Xing element. Not only would it be fun and Chinese, but we would automatically know what everyone's personality was like!

Sep 26th, '10, 17:26

by Victoria » Sep 26th, '10, 17:26

Mr. Usaji wrote:
Geekgirl wrote:Did you know blogger used to fill in the astrology stuff for you once you entered your birthday on your profile?
I think TeaChat should show everyone's Chinese zodiac animal under their name. And their Wu Xing element. Not only would it be fun and Chinese, but we would automatically know what everyone's personality was like!
Naaaaaaaaaaaay!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sep 26th, '10, 18:31

by nonc_ron » Sep 26th, '10, 18:31

britt wrote: Thanks for the link. As suspected, it was the year of the rooster. Oh well, maybe in my next life I'll be born in the year of the dragon or tiger. I guess for now I'll have to cancel the tiger gaiwan order and buy a rooster gaiwan instead!
This is not exactly a gaiwan but you have to start some where.
Chinese TeaPot Gallery

Sep 26th, '10, 18:40

by nonc_ron » Sep 26th, '10, 18:40

Mr. Usaji wrote: I think TeaChat should show everyone's Chinese zodiac animal under their name. And their Wu Xing element. Not only would it be fun and Chinese, but we would automatically know what everyone's personality was like!
I've just looked mine up with Victoria's web link.
I'm a Dragon so you know I'm all for it. :D :D :D

Sep 27th, '10, 17:06

by britt » Sep 27th, '10, 17:06

TokyoB wrote:britt, I'm always reviewing the gaiwans on their site but have never seen this one. Was it up their briefly or is this a special order?
I just checked the webpage (the item is no longer listed but I saved a copy of the full page) and it looks like it was originally posted on August 31. I purchased it on September 23, so it was there for about three weeks. This was the first time I saw this site and I went through everything, otherwise I might have missed it as well.

Sep 27th, '10, 17:10

by britt » Sep 27th, '10, 17:10

nonc_ron wrote:
britt wrote: Thanks for the link. As suspected, it was the year of the rooster. Oh well, maybe in my next life I'll be born in the year of the dragon or tiger. I guess for now I'll have to cancel the tiger gaiwan order and buy a rooster gaiwan instead!
This is not exactly a gaiwan but you have to start some where.
Chinese TeaPot Gallery
Do they except trades?

Oct 1st, '10, 19:26

by Victoria » Oct 1st, '10, 19:26

Ok, I bought a new tea tray, but decided to keep it at my office, until January. I keep forgetting to bring my camera in, so here is the vendor photo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

I love the clean lines and the more Japanese look of it. I was worried about the shipping since it is ceramic, but it arrived safely. I'm quite pleased with it.

Oct 1st, '10, 19:34

by laura99 » Oct 1st, '10, 19:34

That is a gorgeous tray Victoria!

Oct 2nd, '10, 05:08
Vendor Member

by IPT » Oct 2nd, '10, 05:08

That is really cool Victoria! I'd love to see your whole setup! hint-hint-hint

Oct 2nd, '10, 10:19

by Ambrose » Oct 2nd, '10, 10:19

thats beautiful Victoria! I was very recently eyeing the same one haha :D

Oct 2nd, '10, 11:55

by Victoria » Oct 2nd, '10, 11:55

Thanks Laura!

IPT - Ok, well I will try to take my camera in soon. :)
Ambrose wrote:thats beautiful Victoria! I was very recently eyeing the same one haha :D
I bet you were. :)

Oct 2nd, '10, 11:56

by Alex » Oct 2nd, '10, 11:56

LOL I had a peak at that one as well.