Thursday Teaday 2/24/11 Oops, out of tea.

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Oops, you have completely run out of tea except your dregs which have sat untouched for several years. What to do? Please share. Up to 3 votes today.

Suffer through the dregs
18%
Run to the nearest supermarket
4%
Drive further to the nearest tea store
22%
Have tea express shipped
26%
Drink coffee
11%
Other
19%

Total votes: 73

Feb 24th, '11, 20:38
Vendor Member

Re: Thursday Teaday 2/24/11 Oops, out of tea.

by IPT » Feb 24th, '11, 20:38

Bings do fly well by the way.

But should not be thrown in the house.

Feb 24th, '11, 23:19

by Skippyandjif » Feb 24th, '11, 23:19

I'd go to the supermarket, because they have semi-passable tea-- but if I had time (and happened to be visiting my father in NYC), I'd go to a tea shop in Chinatown. Also, I'd drink coffee. But just to fuel myself to get to the supermarket or tea store. :lol:

Rose congou this morning. Waiting on a pau d'arco tisane to cool to not-mouth-scalding.

Feb 24th, '11, 23:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 24th, '11, 23:26

entropyembrace wrote:
Chip wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:I didn´t pick coffee because my attitude is....coffee is not a substitute for tea and tea is not a substitute for coffee!

I like both and wouldn´t want to do without either one :shock:
So, what would you do then?
see top of page one :P
Yeah, I was just wondering ... 8)
IPT wrote:Bings do fly well by the way.

But should not be thrown in the house.
nerf bings? :lol: and finally a tea meant to be squeezed ...

Lots of teaware to wash tonight ... finished with Musashi karigane from O-Cha ... and also trying to finish the TGY from IPT started 2 days ago and the Pu-OTTI from Brandon started yesterday. So, still 5 different teas going this evening. 2 kyusu, 2 gaiwan, 1 Korean gaiwanesque, several faircups, numerous cups ...

Feb 24th, '11, 23:40

by AdamMY » Feb 24th, '11, 23:40

I would go to certain vendors that I know are known for quick shipping, mostly domestic but a few foreign vendors that only offer expedited shipping. I would likely in the mean time try and make due with coffee and hot chocolate.

Feb 25th, '11, 02:30
Vendor Member

by IPT » Feb 25th, '11, 02:30

Chip wrote: Lots of teaware to wash tonight ... finished with Musashi karigane from O-Cha ... and also trying to finish the TGY from IPT started 2 days ago and the Pu-OTTI from Brandon started yesterday. So, still 5 different teas going this evening. 2 kyusu, 2 gaiwan, 1 Korean gaiwanesque, several faircups, numerous cups ...
Sounds like a good evening.

Feb 25th, '11, 12:21

by Marco » Feb 25th, '11, 12:21

If I look around it seems that I never will run out of tea anymore :)
Perhaps of a special tea or one I would like just in this moment - but not of all my tea. Yes I tend to buy more than I can drink.
And if - I think I'd give the ones in the deep corners of the cupboard a try. I will try - do three to four infusions - thank god that the worse teas do not hold on to long and go and get a coffee :D

Had only herbals the whole week and some "not this good" teas. Better days to come.

Feb 25th, '11, 21:56

by Cael » Feb 25th, '11, 21:56

My first reaction is to run to the nearest tea store. I don't care if I have to bus it there. I will get some real tea. If that is not available, I don't know what I'd do. My dreggs are dregs for a reason and I am not really sure why I haven't thrown them out yet. They are tea bags given as gifts to me. Not as gifts that I am happy with though. *shudders* eggghh

I suppose my next option would be to go to a supermarket. There are a few around here that do sell tea that I will drink.

Feb 26th, '11, 00:28

by entropyembrace » Feb 26th, '11, 00:28

Chip wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:
Chip wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:I didn´t pick coffee because my attitude is....coffee is not a substitute for tea and tea is not a substitute for coffee!

I like both and wouldn´t want to do without either one :shock:
So, what would you do then?
see top of page one :P
Yeah, I was just wondering ... 8)
I have a good coffee shop nearby so I can just run there to pick up coffee if I need to :)

Actually I find them quite a bit more serious about coffee than the local teashops are about tea...they roast in small batches in house and sell direct trade coffee.

The teashops here are both franchises that sell stuff from North American wholesalers :?