Saturday 7/19/08 Favorite cup of the tea of the day?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your favorite cup of the tea of the day on a typical day would be...?

First tea of the day
42%
Second tea of the day
27%
Third tea of the day
2%
Fourth tea of the day
No votes
5th tea of the day
No votes
6th tea of the day
No votes
Last tea of the day
11%
Other?
18%

Total votes: 45

Jul 19th, '08, 15:52

by chamekke » Jul 19th, '08, 15:52

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Poppet checks out the new recruit:

Is there a story behind those fetching poppets of yours? I really like them.

Jul 19th, '08, 16:16

by olivierco » Jul 19th, '08, 16:16

Kanro gyokuro to end the day. The best tea for today.

Jul 19th, '08, 18:47
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Jul 19th, '08, 18:47

chamekke wrote: Is there a story behind those fetching poppets of yours? I really like them.

Me too! So much so I found this: http://www.poppetplanet.com/

Iced brewed a first flush sencha and LOVED the sweet, smooth complex results. So tasty!

Jul 19th, '08, 19:02

by Ed » Jul 19th, '08, 19:02

It's Sencha Saturday.

Tomorrow is Sencha Sunday, btw. 8)

Jul 19th, '08, 19:36

by neowolf » Jul 19th, '08, 19:36

I voted the first, but really they all are pretty important! If I make it, it's because I really want it after all. That being said, wuyi oolong's in my cup right now.

Jul 19th, '08, 19:39

by Victoria » Jul 19th, '08, 19:39

This oolong girl just got a bunch of Puerh samples from Yunnan Sourcing -
Maybe tomorrow.

For this afternoon some Alishan.

Jul 19th, '08, 20:26

by Geekgirl » Jul 19th, '08, 20:26

I have had a series of tea samples today that made me want to wash my mouth out with soap. :shock:

Not tea-happy.

I've just refilled Zoji and am waiting for the boil so I can make some iced tea.

Jul 19th, '08, 20:35

by Chip » Jul 19th, '08, 20:35

Pu-erh tou cha all afternoon at a family gathering. I am ready for another tea, but will return to this same tou cha in a bit.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 19th, '08, 21:23

by auggy » Jul 19th, '08, 21:23

Today I seem to be alternating between green and oolong. First was my last bit of fukamushi. Ali Shan was next. Then bancha. Now, I'm thinking TKY. Pretty darn good tea day. Well, except for the ordering. :roll:

Jul 19th, '08, 21:27

by RussianSoul » Jul 19th, '08, 21:27

I love my first tea of the day, usually Assam or Assam blend, English style with milk. I just love this first tea, strong and smooth. Sometimes when I wake up too early I just stay in bed a while longer and dream of its taste. I have tried to switch to some other tea as a first one, but it didn't work - my body, my stomach and my taste buds demand this one. I love my first tea for its heartiness and heartwarming predictability.

I love my second tea very much. This is when I get to drink my light and fruity Chinese greens or my grassy and refreshing sencha, or lately the wonderful flavorful oolongs. I really look forward to my second tea - it is an adventure.

I love my third tea with all my heart because here's where the change comes - I switch Chinese for Japanese or Japanese for Taiwan, and travel around the world in my cup.

I realize that I decisively didn't answer the poll, but I can't - I love them all!

In my cup Adagio #18 - special tenuki roast.

Jul 19th, '08, 22:27

by bi lew chun » Jul 19th, '08, 22:27

I thought this would be hard, but... sometimes I forget how good tea is overnight, and it's that first sip/cup that reminds me how much I need it. I think I will go make some (hopefully non-benshan) TGY right now.

Jul 19th, '08, 23:35

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 19th, '08, 23:35

My favorite cup of tea depends on the day and what tea I am drinking at what time. Sometimes, my first cup of tea in the morning just really hits the spot and nothing can top it for the rest of the day. Other times, my favorite will be whatever I have when I get home from work that I can enjoy more than` the earlier cups since I am not distracted by what is going on in the office. On other days, my favorite cup will be the non-caffeinated herbal or rooibos that I sip at night, happily relaxing with my cat curled up on my lap.

I am ending my day with a cup of a honeybush blend called "African Summer" from the New Mexico Tea Co. It is not listed on their website so I have no clue what is in it, but it has a nice, sweet, orangey taste.

Jul 20th, '08, 00:38

by Zodduska » Jul 20th, '08, 00:38

I voted for the second cup which to me equates to the second infusion, otherwise its too hard for me to choose.. different tea, finding the perfect steep time and other factors contribute to my favorite cup of tea throughout the day.. but more often than not its the second infusion I enjoy the most.

Tonight im drinking a sample of Baozhong - Farmer's Choice from Floating Leaves Tea.. it's pretty good but not my favorite Oolong, it seems like most of it's taste comes from the flowery aroma but with a touch of sweetness.

Earlier I had a nice GongFu session with FLT's Dong Ding and that one was right up there with my favorite green Oolongs.

Jul 20th, '08, 00:44

by chamekke » Jul 20th, '08, 00:44

CynTEAa wrote:
chamekke wrote: Is there a story behind those fetching poppets of yours? I really like them.
Me too! So much so I found this: http://www.poppetplanet.com/
Thank you, CynTEAa :)

In my cup just now... my first-ever taste of gyokuro!!! from a sample kindly provided by Olivier - merci mille fois, mon ami! Wow, a very good first experience. I think I'm hooked :D :D :D

It didn't hurt that I managed to unearth a Hagi gyokuro set that I had bought a couple of years ago (!) and forgotten I had (!!). It certainly made the gyokuro preparation much easier. Yay for teensy cups!

chamekke,
still feeling the buzz

Jul 20th, '08, 01:32

by Tadpole » Jul 20th, '08, 01:32

Silver needles in trusty white porcelain gaiwan. Too late for anything else. Except for maybe an herbal, like chamomile.