Sunday TeaRoom TeaDay 8/24/08 Drinking tea solo?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Are you enjoying tea alone? And are you the only tea drinker?

I am alone and obviously the only tea drinker
34%
I am not alone, but I am the only tea drinker
30%
I am not alone, and I am not the only tea drinker
32%
Other
4%

Total votes: 56

Aug 24th, '08, 21:31

by Smari » Aug 24th, '08, 21:31

GeekGirl, I love that Gaiwan! I am so inspired to find me one now :D

I had some Golden Monkey earlier today, too. I think I will have to order more, like a full size since I only have the sample size. I think it's yummy :wink:

Aug 24th, '08, 21:40

by jewelbug » Aug 24th, '08, 21:40

Geekgirl--ditto on the gaiwan praise. :)

In my cup now: Adagio's Pu Erh Dante. Drinking alone again....

Aug 24th, '08, 23:12

by Wosret » Aug 24th, '08, 23:12

I actually went to tea today at a new tea place with a friend and my daughter. :D We had a lovely time!

I'm really becoming a tea snob, though, because I was critiquing the place for not having timers for tea, not providing little jugs of milk when I asked (they gave me a huge jug that the employees use to make lattes), and for storing the tea in glass jars. :oops: I need to relax! ;)

Aug 25th, '08, 01:09

by bronzebed » Aug 25th, '08, 01:09

most of the time i enjoy tea alone. today i had tea with my husband at a tea shop. didn't really enjoy the tea though. the quality was not good and i didn't have much to choose from since only about 5 teas of the 60 teas they had were not flavored. i'm not big into flavors.

today i made a big mistake. i found five gorgeous russian tea cups in amazing condition. they were $3 a piece but i didn't feel like holding them at the fleamarket, so i walked through the aisles in 20 minutes and when i went back they were gone. :(

Aug 25th, '08, 01:11

by bronzebed » Aug 25th, '08, 01:11

Wosret wrote: and for storing the tea in glass jars. :oops: I need to relax! ;)
i saw the same thing today at the tea store i went to and i made a snobby comment to my husband, then felt bad about being too snobby. also, they only use one temperature for all teas. my husband's white tea turned out to be very bitter and that shouldn't be the case for a place that charged $4 for a cup.

Aug 25th, '08, 01:54

by Wesli » Aug 25th, '08, 01:54

Quite an equality in the poll today :)

Aug 25th, '08, 03:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 25th, '08, 03:12

bronzebed wrote:most of the time i enjoy tea alone. today i had tea with my husband at a tea shop. didn't really enjoy the tea though. the quality was not good and i didn't have much to choose from since only about 5 teas of the 60 teas they had were not flavored. i'm not big into flavors.
Yeah, I hear you on that. It drives me crazy. I am all for offering flavored teas for those who want them, but there is such an emphasis on this in the USA.
bronzebed wrote:
Wosret wrote: and for storing the tea in glass jars. :oops: I need to relax! ;)
i saw the same thing today at the tea store i went to and i made a snobby comment to my husband, then felt bad about being too snobby.
Don't feel bad. I told a local vendor about this issue. I was a crusader for tea justice back then. I asked her next time and she told me her supplier said it was ok. She might have been conning me, but her tea was the pits anyway, so I moved on quickly.

Not all vendors can be helped. She bought the business for the coffee end, really knew nothing about tea, and did not want to either.

Finished the TeaDay with leftover Ali Shan and FTC Ancient Tea Tree Flowers. A very good TeaDay.

Aug 25th, '08, 04:29

by Beidao » Aug 25th, '08, 04:29

Salsero wrote:Breathtaking, Beidao, so gorgeous!
:oops:
Salsero wrote:If your Dong Ding is not turning out well, I would suspect you've got a poor example. I have always found a good Dong Ding (Tung Ting) easy to brew and pretty forgiving.
I don't think I can blame the tea really. When I get it right it tastes better than any tea I've ever drunk before, so the limit is set rather high. [/quote]
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Aug 25th, '08, 13:41

by Chip » Aug 25th, '08, 13:41

Dong Ding is a bit enigmatic. I have had some amazing ones and reordered and was terribly dissappointed.

But are you changing how you are making it each time, Beidao?

I think I saw that cup before? More photos when you can, please, thanks!

Aug 26th, '08, 13:07

by Beidao » Aug 26th, '08, 13:07

Chip wrote:Dong Ding is a bit enigmatic. I have had some amazing ones and reordered and was terribly dissappointed.

But are you changing how you are making it each time, Beidao?

I think I saw that cup before? More photos when you can, please, thanks!
I try to do it the same way as has worked before, of course. But sometimes it just doesn't turn out the same :(

That cup is a part of my - so far - only gaiwan. I'll try to upload more pics soooon :D
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Aug 26th, '08, 13:27

by Chip » Aug 26th, '08, 13:27

Thanks, Beidao. I will look for them on the pages of TeaChat! :D
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!