Thursday TeaDay 10/02/08 Anything better than tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Is there ANYTHING you ENJOY drinking more than tea?

No, tea reigns supreme
71%
Maybe
16%
Yes, I do enjoy drinking something MORE than tea
12%
Other
2%

Total votes: 58

Oct 2nd, '08, 13:22
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 2nd, '08, 13:22

Shelob wrote:touche, tea reigns supreme..sounds like original iron chef?
{Xcept for my occasional scotch on the rocks :wink: }
Nice oolong is now cold oh well another steep
Definitely Iron Chef, my fav "reality show."

Hmmm, what else is there besides tea? Tea FTW. Everything about it.

Yutaka Midori classic to start, the Adagio GM. Currently Kunpu asamushi. It is alllll good.

Keep the good tea coming!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 2nd, '08, 13:40

by kongni » Oct 2nd, '08, 13:40

Tea = #1!!!!

Every now and then I like to have a glass of wine or beer but tea is my drink of choice :D.

Oct 2nd, '08, 13:43

by Smari » Oct 2nd, '08, 13:43

chamekke wrote:Smari, what a delightful recollection. Actually, that's one of the things I love about tea. It calls up lovely memories in a way that wine and other drinks just can't.

And although I'm quite fond of the occasional alcoholic beverage (esp. ice wine), tea is still my favourite.
It is a totally delightful experience what tea can do for a person - positive on the mind and body :)

In my cup after lunch- Keemun concerto with a piece of dark chocolate... yum!

Oct 2nd, '08, 13:55

by Salsero » Oct 2nd, '08, 13:55

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on my photo for today. It's actually the first of three honoring Adagio's Tie Guan Yin.

Just switching gears this afternoon from a nice enough Fujian Red to an untested (gulp!) shu pu tuo cha ... these little tuos are always a roll of the dice!

------
**edit**
OK, scratch the TeaSource Tuo Cha off your must buy list! :lol:

Oct 2nd, '08, 14:07

by olivierco » Oct 2nd, '08, 14:07

Kanro gyokuro just after dinner to end the day.

Oct 2nd, '08, 15:18

by Selaphiel » Oct 2nd, '08, 15:18

Tea is my #1. After my personal diet revolution the only other thing I drink is water and a select few fruit juices.

Having some Darjeeling Phuguri first flush now, that was the end of that bag.

Oct 2nd, '08, 16:12

by Wosret » Oct 2nd, '08, 16:12

I loooooooooooooove a cold glass of milk. I also love hot cocoa, Ovaltine, and a pint of Guinness now and then.

Oct 2nd, '08, 18:30

by auggy » Oct 2nd, '08, 18:30

Geeber and Victoria, thanks for the sympathy. It was much needed today as I had to devote pretty much the whole day to various maintenance issues. No one knows anything about the problems, but as soon as I find something out about it, they start arguing with me. UGH!
Victoria wrote: Well auggy if it's any comfort you are not alone. I am office manager too and therefore by default the building and maintenance manager. Handling stuff like back flow checks, air conditioning problems, elevator inspections and fire and work code compliance, and occasionally emptying the trash if needed. Other duties as assigned - takes on a whole new meaning when you are the only one doing everything. Oh and then there is my regular workload.
OMG, that reminds me - the church was built four years ago and this year we got a notice from the city that our backflow prevention assemblies had not been certified. Apparently, they need to be done every year and no one else had had it done since the church was built! FOUR YEARS AGO. :shock:

I just can't even begin to comprehend the lack of organization that leads to things like that. And it frustrates me to no end that I have to clean it up. Grr.

Oct 2nd, '08, 19:50

by Pentox » Oct 2nd, '08, 19:50

auggy wrote: OMG, that reminds me - the church was built four years ago and this year we got a notice from the city that our backflow prevention assemblies had not been certified. Apparently, they need to be done every year and no one else had had it done since the church was built! FOUR YEARS AGO. :shock:

I just can't even begin to comprehend the lack of organization that leads to things like that. And it frustrates me to no end that I have to clean it up. Grr.
Sounds alot like elevator certifications. I remember years ago someone realized that very few elevators were getting their certs done since there were no repercussions for not having it done. Next time you're in an elevator check the license on it.

Oct 2nd, '08, 20:29

by Salsero » Oct 2nd, '08, 20:29

auggy wrote: our backflow prevention assemblies had not been certified. Apparently, they need to be done every year
Mmm, I don't think I have ever had this done. I'll talk to my internist about it.

Oct 2nd, '08, 20:49

by Chip » Oct 2nd, '08, 20:49

Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote: our backflow prevention assemblies had not been certified. Apparently, they need to be done every year
Mmm, I don't think I have ever had this done. I'll talk to my internist about it.
Sounds like my acid reflux ... just pour sencha down there through out the day and don't worry about it.

Adagio Silver Needles is flavoring my cup this evening.

I am also cold brewing/blending a bunch of different Japanese teas. I find a touch of local honey actually acts as a preservative, preventing it from "turning" and discoloring in the first day. I would never add honey to hot tea, but this is actually kind of nice as well.

Oct 2nd, '08, 20:53

by Salsero » Oct 2nd, '08, 20:53

Chip wrote: Sounds like my acid reflux ... just pour sencha down there through out the day and don't worry about it.
So you think I should discontinue the Drano?

Oct 2nd, '08, 20:57

by Chip » Oct 2nd, '08, 20:57

Salsero wrote:
Chip wrote: Sounds like my acid reflux ... just pour sencha down there through out the day and don't worry about it.
So you think I should discontinue the Drano?
I think we should all think "green." Right? :idea:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 2nd, '08, 22:21

by henley » Oct 2nd, '08, 22:21

Ending this TeaDay the delicious way it started w/the 2007 Wuyi Bai Mu Dan from Hou De. The amber color it produces is gorgeous & the taste is wonderfully full. This tea is definitely going on the "To Order" list! :D

Oct 2nd, '08, 22:45

by auggy » Oct 2nd, '08, 22:45

Just a bunch of comedians here, huh? :P

Pentox, yep - the last place I worked actually failed an internal evaluation because the certs weren't displayed in the elevators. They put them up, but had to actually get the tests done first and then they never updated them. But come on, they were only two years behind! When the outdated certs were brought to their attention, they solved the problem by once again just removing them. :roll:

My iced TKY after lunch today was really yummy. But I didn't get any more tea after I got home. Had to go get groceries and now it's probably too late. I haven't been getting enough tea in my life lately. It makes me sad. :cry: