Wednesday TeaDay 10/15/08 TeaChat TeaRoots?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is about your TeaChat TeaRoots. What was your favorite type of tea when you first joined TeaChat?

Black and it did NOT change soon after joining
19%
Black and it did change soon after joining
20%
Oolong and it did NOT change soon after joining
17%
Oolong and it did change soon after joining
2%
Green and it did NOT change soon after joining
20%
Green and it did change soon after joining
3%
White/yellow and it did NOT change soon after joining
2%
White/yellow and it did change soon after joining
2%
Pu-erh and it did NOT change soon after joining
5%
Pu-erh and it did change soon after joining
No votes
Flavored and it did NOT change soon after joining
3%
Flavored and it did change soon after joining
3%
Herbal and it did NOT change soon after joining
2%
Herbal and it did change soon after joining
2%

Total votes: 59

Oct 15th, '08, 12:31
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Oct 15th, '08, 12:31

leiche wrote:Oolong, always oolong. It's been my favorite since I was a little kid gulping down tiny cups of the stuff in Chinese restaurants.
Ditto. Of course the board introduced me to my morning matcha, but my "roots" are in the little stainless steel pot of Mable's oolong from the Dragon Gate Restaurant.

Oct 15th, '08, 12:35

by Victoria » Oct 15th, '08, 12:35

geeber1 wrote: I was going to order a sample of this one and the other two Nilgiris they have on their site, but then the shipping was more than the samples! And I live in Oregon! Maybe I'll take the plunge anyway, if you recommend it, I'm sure it's worth trying!
Yeah, that seems unfair when the shipping is more than the tea. That is usually my excuse to buy more and make it worthwile. Heh

The Neela is a good price, if you love Darjeelings, you will like both. The lemon Dorps, though ... well I don't care for flavored and I get even more scared when I see the phrase "great for iced tea". Also as I have said their LE Bohea is great as well as the LE Darjeeling Prithvi.

Oct 15th, '08, 12:44

by Cinnamon Kitty » Oct 15th, '08, 12:44

Before TeaChat, my favorite tea was peppermint tisane. I've definitely changed my tastes, though there is still a container of peppermint in my tea drawer for those days when nothing else hits the spot. Close second to the peppermint was flavored greens. I still have one flavored green left in my collection, but it is taking forever to get through the 4oz that I bought many months ago. Now I drink unflavored greens, oolongs, and the occasional black tea.

Today, I am drinking hojicha.

Oct 15th, '08, 13:02

by Victoria » Oct 15th, '08, 13:02

Here at work I'm back on the Pu this morning.
As I said yesterday this Gheen Tuo Cha
is really pretty tastey.

Oct 15th, '08, 13:04

by Katrina » Oct 15th, '08, 13:04

I was definitely a black tea drinker before TeaChat. Because of TC and lots of research, I've now expanded to a little of everything. I would say that oolong, though, is my primary love.

I'm drinking an orange rooibos today and I'm actually enjoying it. Who knew?
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Oct 15th, '08, 13:27

by Pentox » Oct 15th, '08, 13:27

auggy wrote: After sucking down about 40oz of green tea yesterday evening, my sinus infection feels MUCH better. It is still there, but I no longer have that constant stabbing pain. So yay! And I brought some goodies to work to make some green during the day. I don't know if it is just drinking something hot that helps or if it the hot green that helps but either way, I'll be drinking green as that's what I've been in the mood for the past few weeks.
Yay for a less sick Auggy! All bow to the power of green tea!

I'm a greener coming in and still green all the way.

Today i'm downing some Shizu no Kaoru from Zencha. Almost done with it.

Oct 15th, '08, 13:30

by Chip » Oct 15th, '08, 13:30

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote: After sucking down about 40oz of green tea yesterday evening, my sinus infection feels MUCH better. It is still there, but I no longer have that constant stabbing pain. So yay! And I brought some goodies to work to make some green during the day. I don't know if it is just drinking something hot that helps or if it the hot green that helps but either way, I'll be drinking green as that's what I've been in the mood for the past few weeks.

I'm a greener coming in and still green all the way.
Drinking Chiran Supreme from O-Cha to my good health. I am a believer! :D
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 15th, '08, 13:51

by neowolf » Oct 15th, '08, 13:51

I walked in with a preference for green teas really. Now I have an absolute love for both green teas and several herbals. However I'm erring I saying that my primary love remains green, but it's really too close to call.

Citron green's in my thermos today, and I do love it so. Though really it's not my favorite so much as it used to be. I still enjoy a couple flavored greens but I'm quite content with more traditional ones now! (That perhaps is an influence from the crowd here too!)

Oct 15th, '08, 14:03

by Salsero » Oct 15th, '08, 14:03

Thanks for the nice comments, Trioxin and Smari.

Amazing the amount of change that TeaChat has wrought on people's habits!
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Of course the board introduced me to my morning matcha...
I can't believe that your morning matcha started after you joined TeaChat. Were you not drinking matcha before TeaChat?

Oct 15th, '08, 14:05

by olivierco » Oct 15th, '08, 14:05

Keemun Mao Feng Imperial right now.
Miyabi sencha this afternoon.

Oct 15th, '08, 14:25

by auggy » Oct 15th, '08, 14:25

Pentox wrote:
Yep, I'm hoping that I will continue to get better and the sinus infection will go away totally.

Of course, about 1/2 of the staff here is sick with some sort of virus and yet they insist on coming to work and BREATHING ON ME! :evil:

Oct 15th, '08, 14:35

by Pentox » Oct 15th, '08, 14:35

auggy wrote: Yep, I'm hoping that I will continue to get better and the sinus infection will go away totally.

Of course, about 1/2 of the staff here is sick with some sort of virus and yet they insist on coming to work and BREATHING ON ME! :evil:
Quick! drink more tea! and put up a sign that says "For the health of other employees, Sick employees are hereby forbidden from breathing."

Oct 15th, '08, 14:48

by auggy » Oct 15th, '08, 14:48

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote: Of course, about 1/2 of the staff here is sick with some sort of virus and yet they insist on coming to work and BREATHING ON ME! :evil:
Quick! drink more tea! and put up a sign that says "For the health of other employees, Sick employees are hereby forbidden from breathing."
:lol:
I've had two more cups of green tea today and keep telling the sick people that they need to keep at least 10 feet away from my desk, all the while dousing them in holy water.

Okay, not holy water. But Purell counts, right?

Oct 15th, '08, 15:08

by Trey Winston » Oct 15th, '08, 15:08

I originally joined to learn more about my beloved whites. Although TeaChat has inspired me to have affairs with several greens, my favorite remains SN. Because once you go white, you never go... umm... quite? fight? bright? light?

Oct 15th, '08, 15:32

by Pentox » Oct 15th, '08, 15:32

auggy wrote: :lol:
I've had two more cups of green tea today and keep telling the sick people that they need to keep at least 10 feet away from my desk, all the while dousing them in holy water.

Okay, not holy water. But Purell counts, right?
See isn't the day so much more enjoyable when you have tea at work!

Purell is close enough to holy water for me.