Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Mar 31st, '16, 02:24

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Rui » Mar 31st, '16, 02:24

Top quality Longjing (Dragonwell) received yesterday directly from the tea farmer (a friend of mine) in China. Oh my goodness but this is a very aromatic and yummy green tea. :D :D :D

Mar 31st, '16, 05:29
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Mar 31st, '16, 05:29

Rui wrote:Top quality Longjing (Dragonwell) received yesterday directly from the tea farmer (a friend of mine) in China. Oh my goodness but this is a very aromatic and yummy green tea. :D :D :D
Now that sounds delicious! :)

Mar 31st, '16, 06:12

by Rui » Mar 31st, '16, 06:12

jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:Top quality Longjing (Dragonwell) received yesterday directly from the tea farmer (a friend of mine) in China. Oh my goodness but this is a very aromatic and yummy green tea. :D :D :D
Now that sounds delicious! :)
Just sipped a litre of it. Lovely smooth and very aromatic tea. Just what the doctor ordered.

Mar 31st, '16, 21:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Mar 31st, '16, 21:09

I've been on a green tea binge over the last week or so. Been really enjoying the genmaicha with matcha from o-cha, cheap & very cheerful.
Attachments
CeemG5AWEAAqJw4.jpg
CeemG5AWEAAqJw4.jpg (104.51 KiB) Viewed 800 times

Apr 1st, '16, 00:37
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Apr 1st, '16, 00:37

Cheaper 'gyokuro' I bought at an Aeon store in Okinawa last spring. It's been stored in a tea caddy since. I haven't been drinking much Japanese green recently. Brewing it like sencha, but used too much tea--bitter and strong. I was buzzing off the caffeine! I'll make sure the next infusion is a flash brew.

Apr 1st, '16, 00:56

by debunix » Apr 1st, '16, 00:56

Two series of infusions of Sajak, handmade Korean green tea by Yi Ho Yeong from a Morning Crane Tea group buy. Delicate, vegetal, forgiving. Brewing higher temps, more dilute, rapid fire infusions in a small glazed gaiwan by Shawn McGuire. Mmm.

Apr 1st, '16, 07:12

by Rui » Apr 1st, '16, 07:12

jayinhk wrote:Cheaper 'gyokuro' I bought at an Aeon store in Okinawa last spring. It's been stored in a tea caddy since. I haven't been drinking much Japanese green recently. Brewing it like sencha, but used too much tea--bitter and strong. I was buzzing off the caffeine! I'll make sure the next infusion is a flash brew.

This morning I have pre-ordered shincha from O-Cha. Looking forward to getting it.

Apr 1st, '16, 08:52
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Apr 1st, '16, 08:52

Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:Cheaper 'gyokuro' I bought at an Aeon store in Okinawa last spring. It's been stored in a tea caddy since. I haven't been drinking much Japanese green recently. Brewing it like sencha, but used too much tea--bitter and strong. I was buzzing off the caffeine! I'll make sure the next infusion is a flash brew.

This morning I have pre-ordered shincha from O-Cha. Looking forward to getting it.
Sounds like the longjing has you in a green tea kind of mood! :)

Apr 1st, '16, 10:05

by Rui » Apr 1st, '16, 10:05

jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:

Just waiting for the pu'er cakes to arrive from China and for the new 2016 ones to come out. I need to keep drinking tea.

Apr 1st, '16, 12:13
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Apr 1st, '16, 12:13

Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:

Just waiting for the pu'er cakes to arrive from China and for the new 2016 ones to come out. I need to keep drinking tea.
Some 2016 cakes are already out, but since I'm going to Kunming I'm going to wait until then to buy new cakes!

Apr 3rd, '16, 07:06

by Frisbeehead » Apr 3rd, '16, 07:06

Rui wrote:

Which sencha did you order from O-Cha? I'm going to preorder shincha from them too, and I'm debating on which to get. It's a small list actually so it not too difficult to decide.

Apr 3rd, '16, 22:33
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Apr 3rd, '16, 22:33

Big porcelain pot of Shan Tuyet, which is basically pu erh maocha from Northern Vietnam (close to Yunnan). Bitter, but much more palatable in a big pot and brewed cooler. Painful when brewed gongfu style because of the bitterness, but seriously intensely floral, like fresh jasmine buds. Smoky with distinct young sheng pu erh-like flavor and hui gan. Tastes like good gushu, but I suspect the trees this stuff came from have been fertilized and overharvested. No cha qi and the bitterness can indicate fertilizer use. Still, it's great tea for the money; 100g for $3 or so.

This stuff has a lot of caffeine though. I'm definitely awake :)

Apr 4th, '16, 07:17

by Rui » Apr 4th, '16, 07:17

Frisbeehead wrote:
Rui wrote:

Which sencha did you order from O-Cha? I'm going to preorder shincha from them too, and I'm debating on which to get. It's a small list actually so it not too difficult to decide.
Actually I have ordered two of them:
Uji Asamushi Shincha Kirameki
Kagoshima Shincha Sae Midori

In Autumn last year I ordered also from O-Cha:
Uji Asamushi Sencha "Ujibashi San no Ma"
Yame Gyokuro

Apr 4th, '16, 07:19

by Rui » Apr 4th, '16, 07:19

jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:

Some 2016 cakes are already out, but since I'm going to Kunming I'm going to wait until then to buy new cakes!
Yes I got a couple of Year of the Monkey tea cakes already but I'll be waiting for YS and others to see what they are coming out with.

Apr 6th, '16, 23:33

by NateHevens » Apr 6th, '16, 23:33

It's still cold here (I know I live in New York, but it's frickin' April; we really need to do something about this climate change), but I'm cold-brewing some Jade Snail (Adagio's Jade Snail, in fact). I did this last summer, too. Makes a delicious cold brew.

+ Post Reply