Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 12th, '16, 12:35

Re: Official Pu of the day

by stevorama » Sep 12th, '16, 12:35

2001 CNNP 7572 Ripe Pu Erh. From Mr. Jayinhk! Smooth with lingering aftertaste. Good mellow feelings.

Sep 12th, '16, 20:34

by mr mopu » Sep 12th, '16, 20:34

kuánglóng wrote:2012 Sen Zhi Kui Bada Mtn - 5g/~80ml in a celadon gaiwan

I'm glad I didn't trust my first impressions and bought a couple 200g bings anyway. Almost 4 months down the road the dominant pee-ish note is almost gone, it's notably darker and sweeter with a somewhat thicker texture and more complex, mellower and less metallic, stone-fruity aftertaste. Not the most impressive tea in the somatics or huigan department but interesting and strong enough and if the maturation moves on like this might turn into something pretty pleasant.
You make me want to re-taste my cake in storage.

Sep 12th, '16, 23:20
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 12th, '16, 23:20

stevorama wrote:2001 CNNP 7572 Ripe Pu Erh. From Mr. Jayinhk! Smooth with lingering aftertaste. Good mellow feelings.
Ah the '01 7572! That tea is incredibly smooth on the swallow (to me, anyway)! Goes down like water! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Sep 13th, '16, 02:54

by Rui » Sep 13th, '16, 02:54

Revisiting 2015 Yunnan Sourcing Lao Shu Bai Cha old arbour pu'er. Since it came out I have been enjoying this mellow and smooth young tea. Its gushu flavour made it my favourite 2015 sheng to sip between older teas.

Sep 13th, '16, 19:13

by kuánglóng » Sep 13th, '16, 19:13

mr mopu wrote:

I'm glad I didn't trust my first impressions and bought a couple 200g bings anyway. Almost 4 months down the road the dominant pee-ish note is almost gone, it's notably darker and sweeter with a somewhat thicker texture and more complex, mellower and less metallic, stone-fruity aftertaste. Not the most impressive tea in the somatics or huigan department but interesting and strong enough and if the maturation moves on like this might turn into something pretty pleasant.
Would be nice to know how it has transformed in your storage in the meantime. BTW, have you tried their Kokang cake if I may ask?

(I ordered some teas from 'Terre de Ciel' today. Heck, I could have bought 14kg of my favorite yerbas for what I paid for a pound of unknown shengs - they better be more than good :) )

Sep 13th, '16, 20:46

by mr mopu » Sep 13th, '16, 20:46

kuánglóng wrote:
mr mopu wrote:

Would be nice to know how it has transformed in your storage in the meantime. BTW, have you tried their Kokang cake if I may ask?

(I ordered some teas from 'Terre de Ciel' today. Heck, I could have bought 14kg of my favorite yerbas for what I paid for a pound of unknown shengs - they better be more than good :) )
I haven't tried the Kokang. I will try to get the Bada in the brew cycle soon.

Sep 14th, '16, 07:31

by Rui » Sep 14th, '16, 07:31

kuánglóng wrote:
mr mopu wrote:

Hopefully you ordered samples in case you do not like those teas. :?

Which ones did you order by the way? :lol:

Sep 14th, '16, 07:33

by Rui » Sep 14th, '16, 07:33

Today I am sipping 200 Gu Green Mark Qi Zi sheng bought sometime ago in UK and trying to finish the last 100 gms of the cake. It is smooth but it is not very sweet neither is it bitter or astringent so I am giving up storing it further.

Sep 14th, '16, 08:03

by kuánglóng » Sep 14th, '16, 08:03

Rui wrote:
Just for the 2011 Kunglu. Buying 20g samples of their 100g bings didn't make much sense to me because of their relatively steep markups.
Let's see ...
2016 Kunlu sauvage
2014 Yiwu whatever
2014 Youle
2015 Bulang Bakalong
2014 Manzhuang
2015 Le Vieil Arbre
and the 2011 Kunlu sample

Can't wait to try them, especially the two Kunlus and the Bulang but I'll give them a week or so to recover from their stressful trip.

Back to some Canarias yerba, got close to 40°C in the man cave.

Sep 14th, '16, 08:57

by Rui » Sep 14th, '16, 08:57

kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote:
Just for the 2011 Kunglu. Buying 20g samples of their 100g bings didn't make much sense to me because of their relatively steep markups.
Let's see ...
2016 Kunlu sauvage
2014 Yiwu whatever
2014 Youle
2015 Bulang Bakalong
2014 Manzhuang
2015 Le Vieil Arbre

Can't wait to try them, especially the two Kunlus and the Bulang but I'll give them a week or so to recover from their stressful trip.

Wow you went serious! Hopefully you will enjoy them.

At the moment I have the Kunlu and the Yiwu teas on the way to me. Last year I enjoyed the Le Vieil Arbre very much.

Sep 14th, '16, 09:23

by kuánglóng » Sep 14th, '16, 09:23

Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote:
Let's see ...
2016 Kunlu sauvage
2014 Yiwu whatever
2014 Youle
2015 Bulang Bakalong
2014 Manzhuang
2015 Le Vieil Arbre

Wow you went serious! Hopefully you will enjoy them.

At the moment I have the Kunlu and the Yiwu teas on the way to me. Last year I enjoyed the Le Vieil Arbre very much.
Thanks, Rui - looking forward to your impressions. I hope they'll have some of the Kunlu left - just in case - but I won't be running out of pu anytime soon either :lol: got some more stuff coming in from all over the place.

Back to the gourd ...

Sep 15th, '16, 03:42

by Rui » Sep 15th, '16, 03:42

For a change, and because today is the Mid Autumn festival for which I bought mooncakes for the office, today I am going to have a shou: 1999 CNNP old tree shou pu'er.

Happy Mid Autumn festival.

Sep 15th, '16, 14:25

by kuánglóng » Sep 15th, '16, 14:25

199x Bao Yan shroom

Bought some of these beauties when I was living in Kathmandu and almost 20 years later there are three of them left - almost untouched. I spare you the details of today's session (2 horrible steeps and a trip to the compost bin), but these shrooms weren't much better back then and besides, you could get some really decent tea for some more pennies pretty much everywhere.
I still have some Xiaguan Bao Yan bricks from the same era somewhere and the last time I've checked them some years ago they weren't actually that bad.
Attachments
DSCF6014-sm.jpg
DSCF6014-sm.jpg (88.37 KiB) Viewed 405 times

Sep 19th, '16, 04:01

by kuánglóng » Sep 19th, '16, 04:01

2013 Ai Lao (YS) - 5g/60-80ml in a celadon gaiwan

Within the last 24 hours the temperatures in my living quarters have dropped from close to 40°C to about 18 during the day - back to normal & some sheng pu.
I put about 50g of the leaves in a porcelain caddy some months ago and it has changed quite a bit in the meantime. The most surprising change happened to the taste - it keeps changing in the mouth when I leave it there for a while and move it around. Different notes come and go, move all over the place, shifting and melting, like in a friendly game of sorts, nothing mindblowing but quite an interesting experience anyway. There's some adstringency and a bit of dryness but nothing too distracting. I noticed a similar playfulness in the body, subtle moves and shifts, mainly in the chest area and around the stomach and I really liked the experience. This goes on for 5 or 6 steeps before it all thins out and the adstringency takes over but maybe, with some further maturation ...

Next please ...

Sep 20th, '16, 03:01

by Rui » Sep 20th, '16, 03:01

Sipping a very smooth, with no astringency or bitterness to speak of, Tea Urchin's 2016 Yiwu Charity Spring sheng.

+ Post Reply