Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 2nd, '16, 06:08

Re: Official Pu of the day

by Rui » Nov 2nd, '16, 06:08

Today I am sipping 2016 INTO THE MYSTIC from White2Tea. Very nice aroma and viscosity. A tea for one to buy and hold for a while.

Nov 3rd, '16, 06:01

by Rui » Nov 3rd, '16, 06:01

Today's turn is 2016 HEART OF THE CITY from White2Tea. This is the second last tea remaining for me still to taste of this year's stable excluding the two expensive ones.

Nov 3rd, '16, 06:34

by kuánglóng » Nov 3rd, '16, 06:34

Rui wrote:Today's turn is 2016 HEART OF THE CITY from White2Tea. This is the second last tea remaining for me still to taste of this year's stable excluding the two expensive ones.
400 posts. Congrats, Rui - let's keep this old thread alive :)

Sipping some 2014 Laos Ban Payasi. My first impressions haven't been that memorable but then the tea arrived somewhat dry so I sent it on a one week tropical holiday simulation in a caddy. Today it took four quick steeps to sort of wake up the 5g. Telling from the kuwei, huigan and aftertaste there seems to be some serious juice in these leaves but they seem to need a lot more time to get their act together.

Nov 3rd, '16, 09:30
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Nov 3rd, '16, 09:30

1994 Hong Kong traditional storage Zhongcha tuocha (100g). Pretty nice!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMWRl1NDQOm ... =tealifehk

Nov 3rd, '16, 10:39

by Rui » Nov 3rd, '16, 10:39

kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote:Today's turn is 2016 HEART OF THE CITY from White2Tea. This is the second last tea remaining for me still to taste of this year's stable excluding the two expensive ones.
400 posts. Congrats, Rui - let's keep this old thread alive :)

Sipping some 2014 Laos Ban Payasi. My first impressions haven't been that memorable but then the tea arrived somewhat dry so I sent it on a one week tropical holiday simulation in a caddy. Today it took four quick steeps to sort of wake up the 5g. Telling from the kuwei, huigan and aftertaste there seems to be some serious juice in these leaves but they seem to need a lot more time to get their act together.
LOL someone has to do it. :twisted:

Ban Payasi has been in my humidor since I bought it a while back. It is probably time for me to try it... :lol:

Nov 3rd, '16, 10:54

by kuánglóng » Nov 3rd, '16, 10:54

Rui wrote:

Ban Payasi has been in my humidor since I bought it a while back. It is probably time for me to try it... :lol:
I still haven't tried most of the french stuff (TdC) Too busy with shopping around, taking humidity measurements and posting nonsense here :lol:

Nov 3rd, '16, 18:17

by stevorama » Nov 3rd, '16, 18:17

Essence of Tea 'Tasting for Chemicals' set. Noticed a subtle difference between the pesticide and pesticide free teas. Actually I liked both teas, but preferred the pesticide free. Brewing at the same time may have thrown off the comparison given the lasting mouth feel and sweetness of the teas. But brewing side by side seemed appropriate.

Nov 4th, '16, 06:17

by Haddemall » Nov 4th, '16, 06:17

Curious to hear what you think. Really enjoy your notes so thanks for keeping up.

Nov 4th, '16, 06:43

by Rui » Nov 4th, '16, 06:43

Haddemall wrote:
Curious to hear what you think. Really enjoy your notes so thanks for keeping up.
It was a very nice tea all in all, oily (viscous) and with some upfront sweetness and a very slightly bitter aftertaste due its young age. The gushu like aroma comes through very nicely. I am going to keep the rest of the sample in storage to try in a year's time and see how it develops rather than drinking the rest now.
Last edited by Rui on Nov 4th, '16, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.

Nov 4th, '16, 06:47

by Rui » Nov 4th, '16, 06:47

Today I am sipping 2008 ZHONG XIN BANUO from Canton Tea Company. The cake is medium to high compressed but the top layer of leaves came out fairly easily in layers. Very drinkable already. By now it has lost the usual youth sweetness and bitterness of raw pu'er teas. So far it has developed well and I have already put the rest of the cake in the humidor at around 70% relative humidity.

Nov 4th, '16, 08:45

by kuánglóng » Nov 4th, '16, 08:45

2015 Lao Shu Bai Cha (C.Taliensis)

Surprisingly complex and dynamic - pretty fruity (mainly berries), spicy and woody, a thick, almost oily soup and not overly dominating cha qi. One chameleon of a tea and excellent bang for the buck.

Nov 4th, '16, 10:29

by Rui » Nov 4th, '16, 10:29

kuánglóng wrote:2015 Lao Shu Bai Cha (C.Taliensis)

Surprisingly complex and dynamic - pretty fruity (mainly berries), spicy and woody, a thick, almost oily soup and not overly dominating cha qi. One chameleon of a tea and excellent bang for the buck.
Actually I am a big fan of this tea as I have bought a cake for the past couple of years.

Gorgeous tea cake too.

Nov 4th, '16, 10:59

by kuánglóng » Nov 4th, '16, 10:59

Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:2015 Lao Shu Bai Cha (C.Taliensis)

Actually I am a big fan of this tea as I have bought a cake for the past couple of years.

Gorgeous tea cake too.
Glad you like it, Rui. I've been torturing a loosened up, moisturized sample at constant ~35°C in a sealed porcelain vessel for some weeks now and if everything turns out fine I'll prolly get a tong of that stuff.

Sipping William's 2016 Jingmai Miyun (kryptonite) right now, one of my favorite bannachas this year but I somehow missed the Gulan you've recommended.

Nov 4th, '16, 23:04

by debunix » Nov 4th, '16, 23:04

2009 Lao Cha Tou from Norbu, a regular tea in my thermos-brewing for the office. Usually my sessions with this are dominated by plummy fruity sweet over earthy notes. This time I noted something that I don't know how to describe, a strong impression of something mineral/herbaceous (?taste ?scent) that predominates in the Puerh I found in Dad's tea cupboard. I've picked up on this same quality in several other puerhs since the 'Bonay'. Now wondering if it is more related to the leaf processing or aging conditions.....but without a better way to describe it, I don't know how to ask the rest of you about it.

Anyway, enjoyable session, as always, from a reliably tasty tea.

Nov 5th, '16, 03:34

by Haddemall » Nov 5th, '16, 03:34

Rui wrote:
Haddemall wrote:
It was a very nice tea all in all, oily (viscous) and with some upfront sweetness and a very slightly bitter aftertaste due its young age. The gushu like aroma comes through very nicely. I am going to keep the rest of the sample in storage to try in a year's time and see how it develops rather than drinking the rest now.
Thanks, sounds OK.

+ Post Reply