Does anyone else drink tea in the shower?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 28th, '10, 20:16

Re: Does anyone else drink tea in the shower?

by LauraW » Feb 28th, '10, 20:16

sneakers wrote:Isn't that just as bad as folks who text while driving, and cause injury and deaths?
Oddly, that was what spawned the conversation about makeup, etc. while driving.

Mar 1st, '10, 03:31

by Amaikokonut » Mar 1st, '10, 03:31

Somehow drinking tea in the shower morphed into reading while driving? Funny thing, conversations :lol:

Can't say I've tried tea in the shower, mostly because I don't really spend a lot of time standing still in the shower; I try to get in and out in as little time as possible anyway. Though you've got me curious to try it now; I think I would want to take it in a travel mug with a lid, though.

Now I do love to drink tea while taking hot bubble baths. That is a wonderful experience.

Mar 1st, '10, 15:44

by entropyembrace » Mar 1st, '10, 15:44

geeber1 wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:
geeber1 wrote:I have to laugh at the women who are putting on mascara while driving. Big OUCH if you had to slam on the brakes!
yeah I don´t get how they can do that either lol...or on the bus/train...I poke my eyes sometimes as it is...uhm...shaky hands have nothing to do with caffeine intake right? :roll:
:D I tend to poke myself in the eye due to plain 'ol clumsiness, no caffeine or driving involved! Mascara pokes hurt like heck, don't they?
lol considering the fate of most of my teapots it´s probably plain ol clumsiness for me too xD

Mar 2nd, '10, 12:12

by icepinkdiamond » Mar 2nd, '10, 12:12

Hi!! I just joined. I'm quickly becoming a tea fanatic. I'm glad I found this place :D
TubbyCow wrote:I usually just bring in a cup of something cheap so I'm not too distraught if it accidentally gets a bit watered down.
So you have an open mug of tea in the shower? How do you prevent soap and shampoo from getting into your tea?

Mar 2nd, '10, 17:08

by TubbyCow » Mar 2nd, '10, 17:08

icepinkdiamond wrote:So you have an open mug of tea in the shower? How do you prevent soap and shampoo from getting into your tea?
I've got a bathtub shower, so I just put the teacup on the ledge outside the shower curtain. If I just had a stall shower, I'd probably use a travel mug, but this way seems to work well enough.

Embarrassingly enough, I actually discovered it one day when I was really hung over. I wanted to wash the vomit out of my hair, but I also wanted to drink something to soothe my stomach, and I wanted to do both immediately, so I combined them. I also cut back on the rye & cokes.

Mar 6th, '10, 04:47

by dooble » Mar 6th, '10, 04:47

Haha I haven't drunk tea in the shower, but once I drank it in sauna :). Jasmine green tea, it was so refreshing and fitted perfectly.

+ Post Reply