Wednesday TeaDay 7/16/08 Soda consumption?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

I had a soda for the first time this year yesterday, and I wondered, how many sodas have you consumed this year (based on 12 ounce soda)?

Zero, Zilch, Nada
16%
Less than 5
32%
Less than 10
11%
Less than 20
5%
Less than 40
11%
Less than 70
2%
Less than 100
5%
Less than 150
4%
Less than 200
2%
MORE!!!
13%

Total votes: 56

Jul 16th, '08, 13:04

Re: Planning issues

by olivierco » Jul 16th, '08, 13:04

Salsero wrote: Today is day 75, BTW. You laugh, but these are the things I spend my life thinking about. I have a log of photos ready to go, but I'm not sure I will get to a computer every day to post them, and even less likely at 4:00 am!

I thought about looking for a volunteer to post them as proxy to avoid my potential default. Mmm, actually it seems that Lew and Olivier both post around the same time. I think omegapd is on dialup which would be a problem. Can't be Chip, that would be too confusing.
No problem if you need some help to keep your streak alive!

Asa giri gyokuro in a few minutes.

Jul 16th, '08, 13:49

by tenuki » Jul 16th, '08, 13:49

I got a couple of questions on the 'Golden Needle Red Tea' I posted pictures of yesterday and though I would share a couple of things with you about that tea.

1) I'm blessed with a clever, resourceful and thoughtful wife. She was out of town last week to Kansas City on business. She tries to bring me back something tea related when she goes on her yearly trip, but I was pretty doubtful she would be successful in KC. Corn or BBQ maybe, but tea?? But she evidently found Shang Tea! She knows how picky I am about tea (she's seen me toss out expensive tea I just got in the mail in disgust on first taste) and usually buys teaware instead, but the story she told of visiting the shop three times to check on the staff and owner, and talking with the owner about how picky I was, etc was pretty funny. She was even thoughtful enough to buy two small bags of it instead of one larger one so it wouldn't go stale. This is a die hard coffee fiend btw, she does not drink tea or care about tea at all.

2) This Golden Needle Red Tea is very similar to Yunnan Gold but comes from Fujian province instead of Yunnan. I was just amused by the vendor name, very chinese and not clued into the 'westernized' name ( probably would be Fujian Gold ). Red tea from china is essentially black tea (supposedly slightly less fermented, but black), needles generally indicates white tea varietal, so all the clues were there. It strikes me funny that 'Red Tea' means Rooibos over here, which isn't even a tea. Ah well, what do you expect from starbucks land - they have Chai Tea Latte on their menu, what is 'Tea Tea' exactly?? Anyway, it's a pretty decent chinese red tea, not my absolute fav, but a good daily drinker and perfect timing since I've recently been exploring Yunnan Gold, but haven't ever had 'Fujian Gold'.

3) Did I mention I'm blessed with a clever, resourceful and thoughtful wife? :D

Jul 16th, '08, 14:00

by Tea na » Jul 16th, '08, 14:00

tenuki wrote:I got a couple of questions on the 'Golden Needle Red Tea' I posted pictures of yesterday and though I would share a couple of things with you about that tea.

You are SO showing your intelligence!!!
Tea-Na

Jul 16th, '08, 14:07

by Tea na » Jul 16th, '08, 14:07

Less than 5 sodas for me. I only have them when I have a migraine or an upset stomach (or on the rare occasion of a rum and coke). I usually have water or tea.

Had Assam Medley this morning. Might go for some chai later to settle my stomach. Still suffering from my daughter's gift of the stomach flu....

Happy Tea Day!
Tea Na
Tea-Na

Jul 16th, '08, 14:20

by rodstnmn » Jul 16th, '08, 14:20

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:

Poppet contemplates the meaning of Koi

Poppet, who you can plainly see has deep pockets, rues missing out on this sweet deal.
http://www.kodamakoifarm.com/lover/koif ... ?pid=21868

Jul 16th, '08, 14:22

by henley » Jul 16th, '08, 14:22

tenuki wrote: 1) I'm blessed with a clever, resourceful and thoughtful wife.

You are a very smart man! :wink: Hope you let her know how much you appreciate her thoughtfulness. Great story! How could you not drink the tea after all she went through to get it for you?! Kinda like a teacup hubby got for me one time. It wasn't exactly one I would have chosen but after he told me the story behind it & what he went through to get it, it became an instant favorite!

Despite having the Shincha Hatsumi in my house for a week, today's the first chance I've had time to enjoy it. :D The only downside to this tea is I can't multi-task while making it. But it was worth the wait. Thanx again, RS, for the instructions you included during the first box pass. The tea is perfect!

And now for a little East meets West... Think O-Cha would make me send the tea back if they knew it was steeped in a girly teapot? At least I used the teacup & saucer w/the Asian people on it. :lol: Going back for a third steep.
Image Image

Jul 16th, '08, 14:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 16th, '08, 14:33

Nic pic Henley! Love that Cup it would go perfect in MY house!l Geez all this Hatsumi talk has got me wondering if I just might like it too. Witches Brew's write up had me entranced from its first release.

For me now - switching to the last of my Boazhong - at least until my DOUBLE SHIPMENT arrives - ANY DAY NOW!!!

Jul 16th, '08, 14:39

by CynTEAa » Jul 16th, '08, 14:39

Having some really nice Dong Ding from a friend - lightly roasted...mmmmm

and a new found Poppet fascination! :shock:

Jul 16th, '08, 14:45

by chamekke » Jul 16th, '08, 14:45

tenuki wrote:Did I mention I'm blessed with a clever, resourceful and thoughtful wife? :D
She is supremely tea-considerate. I am boggled.

Say, if you ever decide to divorce her, I might be interested... :wink:

Jul 16th, '08, 14:46

by chamekke » Jul 16th, '08, 14:46

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Poppet contemplates the meaning of Koi

Koi also seem to be contemplating the meaning of Poppet :D

Charming photograph, Geekgirl!

Jul 16th, '08, 15:25

by Geekgirl » Jul 16th, '08, 15:25

thanks! The little teacloth came as a sweet little bonus in a shipment from Magokorodo. It's my only one, and I think I may have to remedy that lack... as soon as I learn more about them.

Jul 16th, '08, 15:27

by elchai » Jul 16th, '08, 15:27

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
In my cup: Masala chai from Adagio. Yum. I tend to drink this when I really want that old coffee comfort early in the morning. It totally does the trick for a reformed coffee fiend.
Cool, so I'm not the only one! :wink:

Jul 16th, '08, 15:42

by geeber1 » Jul 16th, '08, 15:42

Elchai,
Count me as a member of the Adagio Masala Chai Fan Club also!
(I like Yogic Chai's too)

Jul 16th, '08, 16:00

by henley » Jul 16th, '08, 16:00

elchai wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: In my cup: Masala chai from Adagio. Yum. I tend to drink this when I really want that old coffee comfort early in the morning. It totally does the trick for a reformed coffee fiend.
Cool, so I'm not the only one! :wink:
geeber1 wrote:Count me as a member of the Adagio Masala Chai Fan Club also!
Looks like I'm in very good company! :wink: Tried several different spiced teas/chais, but the Masala Chai has been my favorite. Hmmm... had oolong w/bfast & green w/lunch. I see Masala as my evening tea after the kids are asleep. I'm all for Equal OpportuniTea.
Last edited by henley on Jul 16th, '08, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 16th, '08, 16:00

by Chip » Jul 16th, '08, 16:00

Wow...bunch of coke heads!!! :lol:

I never imagined so many of you guys have soda stories.

Adagio Yunnan Gold earlier, then a really interesting session of the last of a bag of farmer shincha and karigane...REALLLLLY good. Currently SST, shincha sencha traditional.

My open Japanese greens are getting low and/or few. I will remedy this situation maybe today.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!