Thursday TeaDay 7/17/08 Tea volume consumption?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

On average, do you drink any other liquid by volume more than you drink TEA?

Yes, I do drink another liquid more than tea
41%
No, I drink more tea than any other liquid
57%
Other
2%

Total votes: 58

Jul 17th, '08, 18:10

by laran7 » Jul 17th, '08, 18:10

I try to drink more tea - lately its been at the end of the day. I make myself a large cup of an Oolang - and steep it again for the secnd cup. In this hot weather I end up with iced coffee when I'm running to work. I've added Matcha every day -but like to give it some kind of conscious attention so often don't get to it until late afternoon.

Best wishes for the kitty - mine is about twelve years old now - and is very much a homebody.

Jul 17th, '08, 19:49

by tenuki » Jul 17th, '08, 19:49

Jungpana estate 1st flush Darjeeling today.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jul 17th, '08, 19:57

by henley » Jul 17th, '08, 19:57

Enjoying a cuppa Adagio's White Peach. Normally don't care for peach flavored anything but this is quite nice. And it looks pretty in the glass teapot! :wink: Thanx.

Jul 17th, '08, 20:27

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 17th, '08, 20:27

henley wrote:In my cup this morning was Organic Monk's Blend.
Me too! You were absolutely right with how to brew it. I did three minutes exactly and it came out great! The second steep was four minutes and turned out smooth and fruity tasting. I think I have finally found a black tea that I can enjoy in the morning when I need something a little stronger. Yesterday, I blended some of the OMB with Blood Orange Rooibos for iced tea and it is divine. The hint of vanilla in the rooibos gives it an almost creamy flavor. Now, I am trying the 2008 Nan Tou "Dong-Ding" style from Hou De. It is less roasted than the Aged Nan Tou, so it has a lightly toasted flavor in the background with a more prominent sweet, fruity flavor.

I drink more tea than anything else. Water is a close second.

Jul 17th, '08, 20:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 17th, '08, 20:33

AliShan for my last cup here at work,
finally nearing the end of my work day!

Jul 17th, '08, 20:53

beverage

by jim109 » Jul 17th, '08, 20:53

Oh darn, after so many years of loving milk, I am now lactose intolerant!! Its tea and water, no soda! jim

Jul 17th, '08, 21:08

by Riene » Jul 17th, '08, 21:08

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:
Me too! You were absolutely right with how to brew it. I did three minutes exactly and it came out great! The second steep was four minutes and turned out smooth and fruity tasting. I think I have finally found a black tea that I can enjoy in the morning when I need something a little stronger.
What is the Monk's Blend? I didn't see it at Adagio, and a search here turned up 20 pages of threads.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jul 17th, '08, 21:18

by Carnelian » Jul 17th, '08, 21:18

Riene wrote:
Cinnamon Kitty wrote:
Me too! You were absolutely right with how to brew it. I did three minutes exactly and it came out great! The second steep was four minutes and turned out smooth and fruity tasting. I think I have finally found a black tea that I can enjoy in the morning when I need something a little stronger.
What is the Monk's Blend? I didn't see it at Adagio, and a search here turned up 20 pages of threads.
I believe they are referring to the Monk's Blend froim The Tea Table (though I may be wrong) http://www.theteatable.com/Merchant2/me ... ct_Code=MB
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jul 17th, '08, 22:02

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 17th, '08, 22:02

Monk's Blend (organic) is a black tea blend from the New Mexico Tea Company. Orange Blossom Oolong and White Tip Oolong also hail from the same vendor. It is a tea shop in Albuquerque, NM with a decent selection of mostly good quality teas. The owner is also one of the nicest people to do business with.

Jul 17th, '08, 22:25

by joelbct » Jul 17th, '08, 22:25

Probably about even, only because I drink looooots of water... always have a water bottle with me.

Today, Assam and Shincha- Tomorrow, who knows?

Jul 17th, '08, 22:48

by henley » Jul 17th, '08, 22:48

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:Monk's Blend (organic) is a black tea blend from the New Mexico Tea Company. Orange Blossom Oolong and White Tip Oolong also hail from the same vendor. It is a tea shop in Albuquerque, NM with a decent selection of mostly good quality teas. The owner is also one of the nicest people to do business with.
Another thing that's different about the OMB is that it's not flavored like regular Monk's Blend. It's one of my favorite black teas. CK, I've never had time in the mornings for a second steep but I want to try it now after reading your description. :D

Enjoying another steep of the White Peach. I see this making phenominal iced tea!

Jul 17th, '08, 23:21

by Dr. Eel » Jul 17th, '08, 23:21

I drink tea all day, but was tempted to choose other only because it has no relevance to a yes or no question.

Jul 18th, '08, 01:58

by Chip » Jul 18th, '08, 01:58

I never answered my own question. I drink more tea than everything else combined generally. I wouldn't have it any other way.

TeaDay...after the amazing Yutaka Midori, I had SST, shincha sencha traditional. Finishing the day with Kuki houjicha. A decent TeaDay!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 18th, '08, 02:16

by Geekgirl » Jul 18th, '08, 02:16

I don't think I answered either, but I drink more tea than anything else except water. Some days more tea, some days more water. I almost never drink soda, milk or juice, though I occasionally drink juice infused kombucha.

My third most important liquid consumption is wine/mixed drinks, which I enjoy (one or the other) several times a week.

In my cup this evening, an inexpensive but surprisingly good rheingau pinot. I finished a small pitcher of excellent jasmine tea from (dare I say it?) Serenity Art, and just felt like having a glass of red. It has dropped down to one of those wonderful, cool Oregon nights, there is a fountain right outside my window, just the tiniest breeze, and quiet. Even the dogs are sound asleep.

Jul 18th, '08, 02:42

by Chip » Jul 18th, '08, 02:42

Beidao wrote:I drink far more tea than water.

Today I've only been having Feng huang dan cong mi lan xiang - but I've had a lot of that and am having more immediately! I so love this tea :D

Am bying lots of tea as soon as I get my salary. Am deciding if I should have "Formosa Pao Chung" (Pouchong) or "Dung Ti Oolong". Anyone have advice? Will definitly be bying Sencha and Kukicha. And maybe a gaiwan or two. Oh and I need more pu.
OOPs, did we miss your question?

I am sold on good pouchongs lately! The aroma is so incredible. The taste can be thin depending on the pouchong, or thicker. Compared to my normal Japanese greens though, they all feel thinner.

Are you refering to Dong Ding...aka Tung Ting(?) ? Dong Dings are so variable that it is hard for me to say. I have had some very nice ones in the past...and been terribly disappointed by others.

Like most teas, sampling is really helpful to find what is right for you.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!