Thursday 8/14/08 Are you a collector of "TeaObjects?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Are you a collector of "TeaObjects?"

Yes, I am an enthusiastic collector
12%
Yes, I collect
18%
Maybe
18%
No, not really
36%
No, definitely not
16%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 50

Aug 14th, '08, 20:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Aug 14th, '08, 20:48

Katrina wrote: I am definitely a collector of tea books.
Wow, Katrina, some of those books are very collectible! Nice!

Aug 14th, '08, 20:49

by Cinnamon Kitty » Aug 14th, '08, 20:49

No, I am not really a collector. I tend to prefer functional pieces over knick-knack things. My mother loves her knick-knacks and changes what she collects every few years. It drives me nuts because she tries to display everything and it just ends up being overly cluttered looking. My small teaware collection is all functional. The only display pieces are the ones that are cracked and are no longer usable for tea.

I finally finished up the Hashiri Shincha today! Woo-hoo! Now I can justify going back to the local tea house to get some of the really tasty sencha that I tried there last time I visited them. Yay!

Aug 14th, '08, 20:49

by chamekke » Aug 14th, '08, 20:49

Riene and Chip, it would be very nice to see photographs!!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Aug 14th, '08, 21:03

by auggy » Aug 14th, '08, 21:03

Chip wrote:
auggy wrote: Sipping on darjeeling right now... I'm thinking darjeelings are a non-flavored black I can get behind. Can anyone suggest some good vendors? I'm going to have to try more.
I have liked the Darjeelings from Upton, a rerally wide selection. It is one of the very few things I would still buy from them. I tend to focus on a mid price range, staying away from the cheapest and most expensive.
Thank you, sir. I'll give them a shot. I haven't ordered anything from them yet. My tea vendor horizons are fairly narrow.

Aug 14th, '08, 21:26

by Geekgirl » Aug 14th, '08, 21:26

chamekke wrote: And at the moment, tea-wise, I am matcha'ed up to the gills.
Hehe, a good way to be!

Speaking of... While my collection of teaware is large and varied, I don't feel quite the addictive pull with much of my collection like I'm beginning to experience over matcha bowls. Having been a bit of a ceramics nut for awhile, it's like opening doorways into magical kingdoms.

At the moment, I have 3 teabowls enroute from various places. :shock: And the temptation to acquire all of the accouterments of Chado is a little disturbing in its intensity.

Down the rabbit hole, Alice.

Aug 14th, '08, 21:38

by Salsero » Aug 14th, '08, 21:38

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: ... , it's like opening doorways into magical kingdoms ... Down the rabbit hole, Alice.
This is clearly West Coast imagery. Image

Aug 14th, '08, 21:49

by Geekgirl » Aug 14th, '08, 21:49

Aug 14th, '08, 22:35

by henley » Aug 14th, '08, 22:35

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: At the moment, I have 3 teabowls enroute from various places. :shock: And the temptation to acquire all of the accouterments of Chado is a little disturbing in its intensity.

Down the rabbit hole, Alice.
This is why I'm hesitant to purchase Asian teaware. The chatakus & sakura canisters keep calling my name, though. Plus I found a gaiwan that I really like. Unfortunately I have expensive taste--it's black jade & cost $50 plus $35 s/h.

OBO#8 w/bfast this morning & finishing the day w/the Korean Oolong from the box pass. It reminds me of the Wuyi teas but not quite as full bodied (if that makes any sense?). It's a decent cuppa but nothing I would order.

Aug 15th, '08, 00:40

by Victoria » Aug 15th, '08, 00:40

Last cup of the day, some AliShan from ToT

Almost Friday, yay!

Aug 15th, '08, 00:52

by chamekke » Aug 15th, '08, 00:52

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:At the moment, I have 3 teabowls enroute from various places. :shock: And the temptation to acquire all of the accouterments of Chado is a little disturbing in its intensity.
Sounds serious. You might even find yourself studying tea ceremony some day. Tea ceramics are, after all, a gateway drug.

Join us... JO-O-OIN us-s-sssss.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Aug 15th, '08, 01:16

by jewelbug » Aug 15th, '08, 01:16

*in awe* I just watched some gong fu videos on teanerd and then youtube. Its the first time I've actually seen that, and well, I don't have anything constructive to say...just wow.

Onto less awe-inspiring topics: I finished my day with some adagio chacha herbal--starting to feel under the weather, and that's my standby "sick" beverage.