Wednesday TeaDay 10/15/08 TeaChat TeaRoots?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is about your TeaChat TeaRoots. What was your favorite type of tea when you first joined TeaChat?

Black and it did NOT change soon after joining
19%
Black and it did change soon after joining
20%
Oolong and it did NOT change soon after joining
17%
Oolong and it did change soon after joining
2%
Green and it did NOT change soon after joining
20%
Green and it did change soon after joining
3%
White/yellow and it did NOT change soon after joining
2%
White/yellow and it did change soon after joining
2%
Pu-erh and it did NOT change soon after joining
5%
Pu-erh and it did change soon after joining
No votes
Flavored and it did NOT change soon after joining
3%
Flavored and it did change soon after joining
3%
Herbal and it did NOT change soon after joining
2%
Herbal and it did change soon after joining
2%

Total votes: 59

Oct 15th, '08, 15:36

by auggy » Oct 15th, '08, 15:36

Pentox wrote:See isn't the day so much more enjoyable when you have tea at work!
It is! Especially since it gives me something to do. Since everyone is sick, they have left early and so it is now just me at work and I have already finished my work for today. I have nothing left to do! And you know, the internet ceases to be entertaining eventually.

Well, aside from TC. That always entertains.

Oct 15th, '08, 16:07

by geeber1 » Oct 15th, '08, 16:07

auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:See isn't the day so much more enjoyable when you have tea at work!
It is! Especially since it gives me something to do. Since everyone is sick, they have left early and so it is now just me at work and I have already finished my work for today. I have nothing left to do! And you know, the internet ceases to be entertaining eventually.

Well, aside from TC. That always entertains.
Did those that went home include the drug addict? Hope you feel better soon!

Oct 15th, '08, 16:14

by bambooforest » Oct 15th, '08, 16:14

Green continues to capture me.

That being said, the tea world wouldn't be nearly as beautiful if it was only made of green.

I drink mostly green. I would say, though, that I derive just as much enjoyment from oolong and black.

I think almost every tea drinker drinks a certain style of tea the most. But that doesn't mean they don't love the others. Perhaps even as much.

Oct 15th, '08, 16:51

by shogun89 » Oct 15th, '08, 16:51

I was mainly a black tea guy when I first joined, shortly after I fell in love with Puerh.

Oct 15th, '08, 16:58

by auggy » Oct 15th, '08, 16:58

geeber1 wrote: Did those that went home include the drug addict? Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks - and hopefully I won't catch the virus going around here either.

Fortunately, the drug addict has not been around lately. Or at least not the same hours that I am here. He was here on Saturday (but the senior pastor has given other direction not to let him into the building so he can only do work outside) and no clue when he'll pop up again.

And if the whole situation wasn't irksome enough - our water heater in the office needs replacing, the pastor said that drug addict will still do it, but if he's not supposed to be in the building without heavy supervision and apparently can't come until after 4:30 (when we close at 4-ish), I have to wonder how the water heater will get replaced.

Until then, no hot water. And I'm kind of thinking that he's not showing up during normal hours (or at all) because he's a little under the influence. You know?

Oct 15th, '08, 17:12

by daughteroftheKing » Oct 15th, '08, 17:12

When I found Adagio & TeaChat, flavored teas had been my favorite: Constant Comment, Earl Grey, etc. I didn't have a clue what an oolong was and had never heard of white tea. I'VE CHANGED!

I still like flavored ones, but generally prefer a lighter base (oolong, etc.). My favorite tea nowdays are oolongs, but there are quite a few whites, greens, and blacks that I love, too.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Oct 15th, '08, 17:46

by AmyRoseM89 » Oct 15th, '08, 17:46

I'm a peppermint tea lover. Add some honey to that sucker and you got me
hooked!

However, I'm also a lover of Green, Oolong.. though any tea makes me a happy
girl!

Seeing as I've JUST joined today, I don't know whether or not my tastes will
change. :)

Oct 15th, '08, 18:24
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 15th, '08, 18:24

Welcome AmyRose - if you stick around here long, I bet they will.
:wink:

For me this afternoon, some Rishi Bao Zhong.

Oct 15th, '08, 19:29

by Geekgirl » Oct 15th, '08, 19:29

Salsero wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Of course the board introduced me to my morning matcha...
I can't believe that your morning matcha started after you joined TeaChat. Were you not drinking matcha before TeaChat?
Nope, green teas, including Japanese teas pre-Teachat, but I'd never tried matcha. Well, technically I'd never tried it. I had a sample taste one time at Teavana during a demo. It was awful, and it's a bit shocking that I tried it again. Second time was a ToT purchase, which didn't turn out very good either.

Teachat convinced me to give it another go, including advice on how to prepare it properly, so I have to give this community the credit. :)

Oct 15th, '08, 19:32

by Riene » Oct 15th, '08, 19:32

I joined as a black tea drinker and I'm still a black tea drinker, though I will admit to enjoying the occasional oolong.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Oct 15th, '08, 20:07

by caligatia » Oct 15th, '08, 20:07

Much to my surprise, I'm drinking a second infusion of kukicha. It's pleasant. Amazing what the right water temp can do. Although I'm having black tea next. I've been drinking the kukicha since about four and I'm getting tired of it. :)

Oct 15th, '08, 20:29

by shogun89 » Oct 15th, '08, 20:29

Victoria wrote:Welcome AmyRose - if you stick around here long, I bet they will.
:wink:

For me this afternoon, some Rishi Bao Zhong.
TeaChat is EXTREMELY addicting! seriously!!

Oct 15th, '08, 21:01

by kymidwife » Oct 15th, '08, 21:01

:oops: I came to TeaChat because I was searching for a cheaper alternative to my Sweet Cranberry Black from Teavana... did some surfing, found Adagio, and ended up on TeaChat. I'd never even heard of Oolongs at that point.

So now my favorites are definitely unflavored teas of any kind... particularly oolongs and greener darjeelings lately. I still have some flavored stuff in my stash that I enjoy on occasion, but I doubt those will ever be a daily staple for me again. And some of them taste just plain awful to me now, to be honest.

Just finished a cup of Maharani 1st flush 2008 Darjeeling... thinking about trying some Chinese green which I haven't really tried for months... I am a much better brewer now, so I might enjoy it more than I did before. Stay tuned....

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Oct 15th, '08, 22:23

by Chip » Oct 15th, '08, 22:23

Kunpu sencha and some assorted SLT to finish the TeaDay.

I enjoyed hearing all the responses as always. The poll I felt was somewhat predictable. Those who joined drinking black, when introduced to other teas, often made a change. I have seen this many times in the 2.5 years I have been a member. Those who joined already drinking the more elusive teas such as green and oolong, rarely made a change.

A big announcement is coming on Friday, stay tuned TeaChatters! :wink:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 15th, '08, 22:36

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 15th, '08, 22:36

So this is what I've found that is interesting...
a few days ago for the TeaDay poll asking for "which tea you would want to be stuck with on an island" and oolong came up on top...but today though, it seems that there is a surge of dedicated green tea drinkers
c'mon, my fellow oolongites! Rally on for victory!!!