Wednesday TeaDay 10/29/08 Cooler weather tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The weather was reported to be chillin' yesterday by many TeaChatters. Are your tea choices changing with the weather?

Yes, most certainly, pretty drastically
11%
Yes, changing a bit
40%
Maybe
13%
I don't think so
15%
No, definitely not
22%

Total votes: 55

Oct 29th, '08, 22:46

by leiche » Oct 29th, '08, 22:46

My tastes don't change with the weather, except that I want more tea and try harder to drink it while it's still hot.

Started the day with an Assam blend, had three steeps of Adagio's Ali Shan (definitely not my thing--too floral, but I'll give it another go) while I studied, and moved on to some of Adagio's Golden Spring. Can you tell I just got a new order in?[/i]

Oct 29th, '08, 23:15

by geeber1 » Oct 29th, '08, 23:15

kymidwife wrote:Sal... HEMO read as HOMO to my brain... thought i was going to have to give you a little lecture on tolerance, LOL. Just means I am too tired after working a 14-hour day.
Sarah
Hee, Hee, that's what I thought, too. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." (Ah, Seinfeld ... a quote for every occasion!) :lol:

Oct 29th, '08, 23:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 29th, '08, 23:58

Busy day on the road today. But had gyokuro twice for the first time ever anyway. Chiran Supreme finished the day.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 30th, '08, 09:44

by Smari » Oct 30th, '08, 09:44

kymidwife wrote:Smari: Glad Chip recommended the mugicha... that was going to be my suggestion too. If you can't find any, I found it very easy to roast my own... just buy a bag of pearl barley from your grocery (I paid 89 cents for it) and toast it slowly in a skillet on your stovetop until its a medium brown color with a roasty fragrance. Once it begins to turn golden, it can burn pretty quickly, so stir/turn it frequently and don't let the heat get too high. Mugicha and mugigenmai taste absolutely delicious to me, and are the only decaff alternative I enjoy at all.

I also have an anemia issue... I take Repliva twice daily, and it brought my hemoglobin level up by 2 grams in a month... VERY effective, and minimal side effects. Ask your doc about that one, it's great.

Sal... HEMO read as HOMO to my brain... thought i was going to have to give you a little lecture on tolerance, LOL. Just means I am too tired after working a 14-hour day.

Sarah
Thank you very much, Sarah!
I've roasted brown rice for my mom before so roasting the barley shouldn't be much of a task for me :) Your directions are very helpful and clear. I plan on making a trip to the Asian market probably today; so hopefully I'll be able to find me it.
I was prescribed Repliva before but I had an allergic reaction to it; had severe rashes and it was not fun at all. I am taking Floradix now, it's in liquid form (iron + herbs), pretty natural and hasn't given me any side effects. I can't really stand the taste and smell of the "iron" in this liquid though. Ack, if it tasted like tea, I wouldn't mind it a bit but of course not...

Oct 30th, '08, 23:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 30th, '08, 23:13

jasonowalker wrote:Yes, Today is pu'er bought in China. Don't recall the details of the variety, but it is a shu, possibly a lao cha tou. I'm using an yixing pot that was a wedding gift, and has my and my wife's name etched in the bottom by the creator.

In cool/cold weather, I prefer the teas that tend to put "heat" in the body.
Welcome!! We'd love to see your pot sometime! And don't think I didn't catch your subliminal green message!!!