Thursday TeaDay 7/17/08 Tea volume consumption?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

On average, do you drink any other liquid by volume more than you drink TEA?

Yes, I do drink another liquid more than tea
41%
No, I drink more tea than any other liquid
57%
Other
2%

Total votes: 58

Jul 18th, '08, 02:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 18th, '08, 02:44

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:I don't think I answered either, but I drink more tea than anything else except water. Some days more tea, some days more water. I almost never drink soda, milk or juice, though I occasionally drink juice infused kombucha.

My third most important liquid consumption is wine/mixed drinks, which I enjoy (one or the other) several times a week.

In my cup this evening, an inexpensive but surprisingly good rheingau pinot. I finished a small pitcher of excellent jasmine tea from (dare I say it?) Serenity Art, and just felt like having a glass of red. It has dropped down to one of those wonderful, cool Oregon nights, there is a fountain right outside my window, just the tiniest breeze, and quiet. Even the dogs are sound asleep.

This ole dog is still awake. I thought you were drinking some really Red Tea! The added imagery was quite nice, thanx for sharing GGU.
Last edited by Chip on Jul 18th, '08, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 18th, '08, 03:37

by Salsero » Jul 18th, '08, 03:37

I think Chip's assessment of two Taiwan teas is completely accurate. If it has to be one or the other, I would suggest the Dong Ding (Tung Ting) first as it is the more typical tea and has a more complete flavor profile.

As he says, Bao Zhong (Pouchong) is wonderful, light, multi-infusionable, but for someone new to Formosa oolong, it might just seem boring and tasteless, especially if you come from a black tea background. And I suspect a low quality Bao Zhong might just really be boring.

Also, some of the most famous Taiwans are the gao shan (=high mountain teas or high elevation teas) like Ali Shan, Li Shan and Shan Lin Xi. These are still another style of Taiwan, typically extremely light and classy, but very different from the Bao Zhong.

Finally, Oriental Beauty or Bai Hao is the most famous of the dark oolongs from Taiwan. And to echo Chip's words of wisdom once again, do sample rather than make big commitements whenever you can.

Well, for me this long tea day is ending exactly where I was 12 hours ago, rushing to catch a flight out of town. Hopefully, this time all the parts of the plane will be in working order, or it's going to start getting like Groundhog Day around here.

Jul 18th, '08, 09:42

by TimeforTea » Jul 18th, '08, 09:42

Yup! I drink more water than tea, although tea comes in second place.

Jul 18th, '08, 15:28

by geeber1 » Jul 18th, '08, 15:28

Darth the Matcha Man ...

Jul 18th, '08, 15:34

by chamekke » Jul 18th, '08, 15:34

Great photo manip, geeber1.

Hey, if Voldemort, Lord of Shincha, went up against Darth the Matcha Man, who would win?

(It's the caveman vs. astronaut argument all over again!)

Jul 18th, '08, 15:48

by Chip » Jul 18th, '08, 15:48

That is hysterical Geeber! But we all know Darth loved matcha, and was an expert in the tea ceremony BEFORE turning to the Dark Side when the only whisking he would do was with his light saber!!! :twisted:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 18th, '08, 15:49

by geeber1 » Jul 18th, '08, 15:49

Thanks! I have wasted quite a bit of work time today ... :)

I think for pure evil, it would be Voldemort. At least Darth had a conscience at one time. :twisted:

Jul 19th, '08, 15:32

by Beidao » Jul 19th, '08, 15:32

Sal and Chip: Thanx! This vendor never sells smaller amounts than 50 grams, and never smaller than 100 grams if the tea is not expensive - sadly enough. I do suspect that those teas are not as high quality as they try to make me think, so maybe I'll just order from somewhere else. But at least I now know a little bit more about Formosan oolongs.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror