Sunday TeaDay 8/17/08 Black tea, multible steeping?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Do you resteep black tea?

Yes I resteep black teas
32%
Sometimes I resteep black teas
32%
No, I do not resteep black teas
33%
I never drink black tea
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 57

Aug 18th, '08, 09:49

by laran7 » Aug 18th, '08, 09:49

Out of curiosity, I looked up "Ash Leaf Tea" - so sorry - it really doesn't sound like its fans had a lot of fun

Ash bark was used to make a tonic for liver complaints and rheumatism. ...

:(

Good times??

Aug 18th, '08, 10:35

by Jack_teachat » Aug 18th, '08, 10:35

Salsero wrote:
Jack_teachat wrote: dissertation on the concept of tea drinking as a vice in eighteenth century England
This is pretty cool stuff to be throwing around in this forum of teaheads! A vice, huh? That makes it sound a lot more interesting. Frankly, I've had my fill of "the health benefits of tea" and I am ready for "the wild and sinful" side. Mmmm, know a good source for this ash leaf tea? As a puerh drinker, it could be a step up from some of what I've gotten out of China.
Tea was viewed by many English physicians in the early eighteenth century as foreign and dangerous! One, a Dr Willich, described tea as 'that most deadly poison', and he was not alone in his views. Beer was the healthy drink which provided the labouring sorts with their sustenance and many from the middling and upper sorts believed that industrious people could not possibly do a proper days work if they had breakfasted merely on tea! Tea was seen as a genteel herb, only suitable for those who had an ample diet to which it acted partly as a good aid to constitution.

It should be a lot of fun to write! I'll keep you updated on how it's going.

Jack :D

p.s Sorry I have no supply! :lol:

Aug 18th, '08, 10:52

by auggy » Aug 18th, '08, 10:52

chamekke wrote:Sorry, I did go seriously off-topic just then :?
Sorry if I sounded grousey - I didn't mean to! My problem was that I got too into reading the matcha posts and all things non-matcha went out of my head (short attention span, you know). I was even making little w-shaped motions in the air. :oops:
Last edited by auggy on Aug 18th, '08, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 18th, '08, 11:06

by chamekke » Aug 18th, '08, 11:06

auggy wrote:
chamekke wrote:Sorry, I did go seriously off-topic just then :?
Sorry if I sounded grousey - I didn't mean to!
Not at all. Actually I appreciated the reminder.
auggy wrote:My problem was that I got too into reading the matcha posts and all things non-matcha went out of my head (sort attention span, you know). I was even making little w-shaped motions in the air. :oops:
W-shaped motions? You say that like it's a bad thing :wink: Excellent! {steeples fingers}

Aug 18th, '08, 15:55
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Aug 18th, '08, 15:55

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: ... Then I moved on. All the Yutaka'ing over the last day or two had me wishing for some of the great Yutaka Midori, and what better teaware to break out for this than my new Fred Parker lily teabowl.
Sorry I got in late last night, but I have to comment on how lovely the YM looks in Fred's green rimmed lily bowl! Beautiful!