Feb 28th, '10, 13:30

Re: How to: photograph your teaware. A beginner's guide.

by rjiwrth » Feb 28th, '10, 13:30

rjiwrth wrote:
rjiwrth wrote:
AdamMY wrote:Rebecca, it is easiest to get a Flickr, Photobucket or Picasa web albums account upload your photos to there, then look for a link to the photo ending in the photo extension usually .jpg . Different sites have different places to grab the image link (it usually is not the url of the page the image is on :!: ).

Once you have it click on the "Img" button at the top of the post, and paste the link between the tags that appear.

I hope this helps.
Yes! Thanks, AdamMY. I have a Picasa web album already, so it sounds like part of the effort is already taken care of...I will give it a whirl!
Image Here's an attempt...
But the pic is so tiny! What did I do wrong?

Feb 28th, '10, 13:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Feb 28th, '10, 13:32

Are you getting the image code from the preview?
You need to be on the full size image and get the code there.
I think that is the prob. :)

Feb 28th, '10, 13:32

by AdamMY » Feb 28th, '10, 13:32

rjiwrth wrote:
rjiwrth wrote:
rjiwrth wrote:
AdamMY wrote:Rebecca, it is easiest to get a Flickr, Photobucket or Picasa web albums account upload your photos to there, then look for a link to the photo ending in the photo extension usually .jpg . Different sites have different places to grab the image link (it usually is not the url of the page the image is on :!: ).

Once you have it click on the "Img" button at the top of the post, and paste the link between the tags that appear.

I hope this helps.
Yes! Thanks, AdamMY. I have a Picasa web album already, so it sounds like part of the effort is already taken care of...I will give it a whirl!
Image Here's an attempt...
But the pic is so tiny! What did I do wrong?
Picasa offers several preset sizes for linked photos, do you see the "s144" The medium sized picture which I find works well for the forum is "s400" you can do this by adjusting the size thing that picasa has where it lets you link to the photo, or you can manually change it in the link.

Simply adjusting that part of the link you get this photo:

Feb 28th, '10, 13:38

by Victoria » Feb 28th, '10, 13:38

I'm looking at your full size image, that's a great chawan and a beautiful tray! I love that it looks so cozy and warm and you are looking out on the beautiful snow. Very nice set up!

Feb 28th, '10, 13:41

by Chip » Feb 28th, '10, 13:41

Picasa 101, I never knew that, Adam. Thanks.

rjiwrth, Looks like an awesome Deishi Chawan (?), please share more photos of it in the official Hagi topic here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=840

Feb 28th, '10, 17:51

by Littlepig2 » Feb 28th, '10, 17:51

I agree, that tray and tea bowl are quite lovely. I am also intrigued with the white beastie sitting on the blue sphere.

Feb 28th, '10, 19:07

by rjiwrth » Feb 28th, '10, 19:07

That did it! Thanks, Adam! I just had to change the s140 to s400, just as you said. So simple! Chip, I will definately post some of my hagi ware now that I finished Adam's Picaso 101 :wink: . Little Pig - that beastie is my house rabbit, "Hans" - sitting on top of the world.

Thanks, Victoria. I always envy your tea ware. It' right up my alley. Just one last practice pic to see how it goes (below). Thanks everyone for your help and thanks to Geek Girl for this topic. I hope I wasn't off-topic and maybe it will help someone else, too.

Mar 10th, '10, 22:30

by rjiwrth » Mar 10th, '10, 22:30

Mar 11th, '10, 07:05

by rjiwrth » Mar 11th, '10, 07:05

rjiwrth wrote:Image
Good grief. I am now using Picasa 3 and for the life of me cannot get this photo any larger. On some of my photos, when I attempt to share, I only get the option for emailing. It is very frustrating. I thought I had it down and now I'm in the dead zone again. Help, Adam! Anyone!

Mar 11th, '10, 09:00

by Victoria » Mar 11th, '10, 09:00

Are you sure you are on the full size image when choosing the size? I looked and it shows the size as shown, like it was taken from a thumbnail or preview.

Mar 11th, '10, 11:23

by AdamMY » Mar 11th, '10, 11:23

rjiwrth wrote:
Good grief. I am now using Picasa 3 and for the life of me cannot get this photo any larger. On some of my photos, when I attempt to share, I only get the option for emailing. It is very frustrating. I thought I had it down and now I'm in the dead zone again. Help, Adam! Anyone!
I am sorry I am at a loss on that unless somehow you are only uploading a photo that size and it doesn't want to make it larger to prevent blurring.

Mar 11th, '10, 21:33

by rjiwrth » Mar 11th, '10, 21:33

AdamMY wrote:
rjiwrth wrote:
I am sorry I am at a loss on that unless somehow you are only uploading a photo that size and it doesn't want to make it larger to prevent blurring.
I think you are right about the blurring. If I tried to make it bigger in Picasa, it blurred out bad. I'm just going to have to set aside time to fiddle with this stuff. Thanks, though!

Mar 11th, '10, 21:43

by Chip » Mar 11th, '10, 21:43

I know in photobucket, a photo can easy be reduced, but I have yet to figure out how to increase the size.

Mar 12th, '10, 00:21

by Littlepig2 » Mar 12th, '10, 00:21

Chip wrote: know in photobucket, a photo can easy be reduced, but I have yet to figure out how to increase the size.
Know a good plastic surgeon? :P

Mar 12th, '10, 00:25

by Chip » Mar 12th, '10, 00:25

:shock: ... :lol:

+ Post Reply