Nov 28th, '14, 22:44

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by chrl42 » Nov 28th, '14, 22:44

heliospace wrote:And then a "Please Drink Chinese Oolong Tea" factory made to perfection..
I think this one must be made in the same year when 'Qing Yin' SP was made...the same batch of the clay IMO..but this one's 3-cup size (Qing Yin was 4-cup size).. :D
Attachments
IMG_0163-crop.JPG
IMG_0163-crop.JPG (24.61 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
IMG_0164-crop.JPG
IMG_0164-crop.JPG (37.7 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
IMG_0165-crop.JPG
IMG_0165-crop.JPG (29.48 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

Nov 28th, '14, 22:57

by heliospace » Nov 28th, '14, 22:57

You can see that photo of the sp, chrl42? Cool! Approximately how much liquid is a cup? This "qinq yin" sp is ~130ml. Also, what year are you thinkin'?

Nov 28th, '14, 23:04

by chrl42 » Nov 28th, '14, 23:04

heliospace wrote:You can see that photo of the sp, chrl42? Cool! Approximately how much liquid is a cup? This qin yin is ~130ml.
Yeah, it's whatever. I can see the photo whenever 'the Great Firewall of China' allows me.

1-cup (Taiwanese standard) is about 20ml I think. 130ml sounds about 6-cup..Qing Yin Hongni SP was made in 6-cup...but Factory-1 made numerous pots I cannot record...please keep in mind! :)

*I heard the Hongni one was made during the CR and Qing shui ni one was around 82..correct me if I'm wrong.

Nov 28th, '14, 23:17

by heliospace » Nov 28th, '14, 23:17

chrl42 wrote:
heliospace wrote:You can see that photo of the sp, chrl42? Cool! Approximately how much liquid is a cup? This qin yin is ~130ml.
Yeah, it's whatever. I can see the photo whenever 'the Great Firewall of China' allows me.

1-cup (Taiwanese standard) is about 20ml I think. 130ml sounds about 6-cup..Qing Yin Hongni SP was made in 6-cup...but Factory-1 made numerous pots I cannot record...please keep in mind! :)

*I heard the Hongni one was made during the CR and Qing shui ni one was around 82..correct me if I'm wrong.
Thank you for the assistance. I cannot correct you on anything factory one. But I always look forward to your advice, information, and shared data regarding yixing topics and especially factory one as I move forward into the subject matter more!!! I have a wide variety of yixing pots new and old, and my most treasured are my factory pots. That is about as much as I can say on the topic. :-)

Nov 29th, '14, 15:12

by javi_sanchez » Nov 29th, '14, 15:12

It's been a while since I've posted anything but I've been lurking and drooling... Here is my zini pot:

It is 150cc and I am currently using for yancha. It is too big for one person! I should have listened to you all. This pot seems to be from the same person http://www.xiawu.com/bz.php?id=38491820089&t=12

Nov 30th, '14, 08:50

by kyarazen » Nov 30th, '14, 08:50

remaking of an anniversary batch of qingyin..

they found the original maker, Mei Yun, the original mold, the original spout mold, the original lid mold, good hong ni, the exact same seal and will be trying to replicate kiln conditions

http://blog.xuite.net/ulumochi/twblog/1 ... D%E8%BF%94

Nov 30th, '14, 09:50

by wert » Nov 30th, '14, 09:50

kyarazen wrote:remaking of an anniversary batch of qingyin..

they found the original maker, Mei Yun, the original mold, the original spout mold, the original lid mold, good hong ni, the exact same seal and will be trying to replicate kiln conditions

It was remake a couple of years ago. Or is it a new one?

Nov 30th, '14, 09:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Nov 30th, '14, 09:50

We will see! :twisted:

Dec 3rd, '14, 01:14

by kyarazen » Dec 3rd, '14, 01:14

William wrote:

it only shows that in modern day it is still possible to achieve the same shape, mold, seal, material, firing... to which should someone consider it to be a fake, or is it inferior to that of the original in 1965-66? :P

Dec 3rd, '14, 01:34

by Tead Off » Dec 3rd, '14, 01:34

kyarazen wrote:
William wrote:

it only shows that in modern day it is still possible to achieve the same shape, mold, seal, material, firing... to which should someone consider it to be a fake, or is it inferior to that of the original in 1965-66? :P
Technically, calling something a fake means trying to pass something off as an original. It is an intention to deceive. I think in this case, it's clear that it is a tribute to a classic original on the maker's part, at least.

Dec 3rd, '14, 01:37

by chrl42 » Dec 3rd, '14, 01:37

kyarazen wrote:
William wrote:

I think many old Yixing users are after quality..not just authentication.

According to them, they collect old Yixings, because many modern Yixings cannot satisfy their standard of 'good' Yixings..and master (Mingjia) teapots are ridiculously gone high in price these days.

If technology can fool them...I think it's rather good news...I believe, just like teas.

Dec 3rd, '14, 02:04

by kyarazen » Dec 3rd, '14, 02:04

chrl42 wrote: I think many old Yixing users are after quality..not just authentication.

According to them, they collect old Yixings, because many modern Yixings cannot satisfy their standard of 'good' Yixings..and master (Mingjia) teapots are ridiculously gone high in price these days.

If technology can fool them...I think it's rather good news...I believe, just like teas.
yeap. from the tea perspective the pot should function rather similarly.
but just decided to bring up this old article for fun to demonstrate the challenges of authentication in future. just nearby where I work is a 3D scanning/printing company.. which will enable easy, identical and precise molds, seals to be made from just a single piece of original pot sample in the very near future

would there be a resurgence of such projects? possibly, if the maker is well "paid" enough to do so. the price of an original '65-66 hong ni qing yin is undergoing some stirring in taiwan now at least, a piece commanding prices between 800 to 2000 usd. in this project, 999 pieces were made, and even if priced at a few hundred dollars each, will still bring good $$.

some collectors and a couple of visiting artisans tell me that actually right now, old yixing clay from the 80s, 70s, can still be obtained from hoarders, the price difference between normal clay and that of HLS original mine clay in raw material cost is a few hundred RMB difference. will continue to investigate

Dec 3rd, '14, 02:52

by chrl42 » Dec 3rd, '14, 02:52

kyarazen wrote:
chrl42 wrote: I think many old Yixing users are after quality..not just authentication.

yeap. from the tea perspective the pot should function rather similarly.
but just decided to bring up this old article for fun to demonstrate the challenges of authentication in future. just nearby where I work is a 3D scanning/printing company.. which will enable easy, identical and precise molds, seals to be made from just a single piece of original pot sample in the very near future

would there be a resurgence of such projects? possibly, if the maker is well "paid" enough to do so. the price of an original '65-66 hong ni qing yin is undergoing some stirring in taiwan now at least, a piece commanding prices between 800 to 2000 usd. in this project, 999 pieces were made, and even if priced at a few hundred dollars each, will still bring good $$.

some collectors and a couple of visiting artisans tell me that actually right now, old yixing clay from the 80s, 70s, can still be obtained from hoarders, the price difference between normal clay and that of HLS original mine clay in raw material cost is a few hundred RMB difference. will continue to investigate
Many potters like Xu Xi-hua, Mao Ying-hong etc are already doing that,

Xu Xi-hua, for example, her clay used for the reproductions, is actually low-quality Huanglongshan Hongni (the one Zhu Ze-wei referred to as 'Huanglongshan Lao Hongni'), this clay Factory-1 used during 7~80s, I've never found her using 'high-end' clays for the reproductions.

Recently, old collector has sold early-80s 'Jia Zi Ni' reproductions passing as a genuine. I've bought one..but firing condition was noticeably different and no advantage at seasoning (Jia Zi Ni pots can have some of greatest seasoning effect)..and many others.

The most noticeable difference between genuine (just opinion) and old clay reproduction (老泥新作), IMO is seasoning quality....they just don't get seasoned right so far...

Even more experienced collectors have already gone through the steps before us (I heard 90s was really crazy with fake stuffs).

I've never seen or bought that 'Mei Yun' one in real....I am just wondering how it can be different from previous reproductions I've used before :)

Dec 3rd, '14, 03:22

by wert » Dec 3rd, '14, 03:22

No one has the new reproduction pot in hand, so no comparison is possible.
So, all is just pointless speculation. Why don't we step back till we can have the pots to compare directly. Then all will be reveal.

There are other similar projects by the various magazines in this direction. We should see at least one more in Jan next year.

Dec 3rd, '14, 09:39

by kyarazen » Dec 3rd, '14, 09:39

wert wrote:No one has the new reproduction pot in hand, so no comparison is possible.
So, all is just pointless speculation. Why don't we step back till we can have the pots to compare directly. Then all will be reveal.

There are other similar projects by the various magazines in this direction. We should see at least one more in Jan next year.
hmmm. 8) :lol:

+ Post Reply