FedEx Question

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Mar 23rd, '06, 11:34

FedEx Question

by Maurgen » Mar 23rd, '06, 11:34

I hope that someone here with more FedEx experience can help me out (most of the places I order from ship UPS)- is it normal for FedEx to be slow in updating their online tracking or could the order that I placed actually still be sitting at the facility in Keasbey, NJ? According to the FedEx site, it arrived at that facility on the 21st, at 4:31am, and then never went anywhere even though it is scheduled for arrival on the 25th.
I'm sorry if this is a silly question but I am really looking forward to trying out the teas that I ordered and I have had shipping companies misplace packages at distribution facilities before. I just want to know if I should be contacting FedEx to make sure my package is still in transit.

Thanks for your help,
Samantha

Mar 23rd, '06, 11:41

by TeaFanatic » Mar 23rd, '06, 11:41

It probably is still in transit, depending on where you live they may be waiting for a delivery truck to arrive that drives to your hometown. Don't be worried yet, but keep an eye on it.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Mar 23rd, '06, 11:46

by Marlene » Mar 23rd, '06, 11:46

I have actually had it all update less than two hours before it arrived at my house. So yeah, you could say fedex is slow...:)
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Mar 23rd, '06, 11:55

by Maurgen » Mar 23rd, '06, 11:55

Thanks, I was just a bit concerned because it still has to make it out to CA. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. :)

Mar 23rd, '06, 12:48

by teamuse » Mar 23rd, '06, 12:48

fed ex is terribly slow.

i've had it arrive at my house before saying it's officially left NJ

they aren't as bad as usps...but very fustrating sometimes when trying to predict arrival

Mar 23rd, '06, 13:01

by TeaFanatic » Mar 23rd, '06, 13:01

For me, whatever date that fedex says that it will arrive, is when is has arrived. I've had problems with the server being slow to update, but never with delivery dates.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Mar 23rd, '06, 13:15

by Maurgen » Mar 23rd, '06, 13:15

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful and reassuring replies. I'll just have to trust that FedEx won't let me down. :)

-Samantha

Mar 23rd, '06, 13:49

by garden gal » Mar 23rd, '06, 13:49

I have gotten the shipment- then looked on the fedex site and it says it is in transit. One time it didn't update that it had been received until two days after I had it. They always arrive in really good time though.

Mar 23rd, '06, 17:25

by yresim » Mar 23rd, '06, 17:25

Samantha,

I also live in CA. Not to worry. With all three Adagio orders I have placed, FexEx has shown the package in NJ a day or two before it shows up at my house. But it always, always arrives on time.

In fact, I've never had a package lost or delayed by FedEx.

Not to say it couldn't happen, just that there is no need to worry. If it doesn't show up at your house on the day it is supposed to arrive, go ahead and give them a call. But I wouldn't worry about it right now.

~Yresim~
"I know! We could go to the Bronze, sneak in our own tea bags, and ask for hot water."
- Willow, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Reptile Boy, Season 2)

Favorite teas: earl grey, assam, white

+ Post Reply