Weekend TeaRoom 11/6-7/10 NON tea interest?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The weekend TeaRoom topic is ... off the tea topic. Do you currently have an interest that rivals TEA? Maybe approaches tea, maybe matches tea, maybe even exceeds tea? Please share?

Yes, exceeding tea
47%
Approaching tea
15%
Matching tea
21%
Not approaching tea
12%
Nothing close
3%
Other
3%

Total votes: 34

Nov 6th, '10, 02:41
Scrolling: scrolling

Weekend TeaRoom 11/6-7/10 NON tea interest?

by Chip » Nov 6th, '10, 02:41

Greetings TeaFriends and welcome to a TeaWeekend. Please stop in throughout the weekend and share what is in your cup.

Friday we discussed changing TeaPots throughout the day. You can still vote and discuss Friday's topic.

The weekend TeaRoom topic is ... off Tea topic. Do you currently have an interest that rivals TEA? Maybe approaches tea, maybe matches tea, maybe even exceeds tea? Please share?

I am looking forward to sharing this TeaRoom weekend with everyone. Bottoms up!

Nov 6th, '10, 04:02

Re: Weekend TeaRoom 11/6-7/10 NON tea interest?

by auhckw » Nov 6th, '10, 04:02

I have spent many hours, days, weeks and months on the below...

Currently:-
Collecting Tea
Collecting Bluray movies

Used to:-
Photography
Collecting Crystals
Collecting PSP games
Ubuntuguide.org (founder but no longer contributing)

Nov 6th, '10, 04:19

by Victoria » Nov 6th, '10, 04:19

My other passion is for fragrance. My perfume collecting has slowed way down since I discovered TC, but I still am active on my perfume board and I'm a Mod over there. Perfume of Life is the largest perfume forum.

I have blogged a ton about perfumes, I own an extensive collection, so it definitely rivals tea.

Nov 6th, '10, 05:53

by Nenugal » Nov 6th, '10, 05:53

Victoria wrote:My other passion is for fragrance. My perfume collecting has slowed way down since I discovered TC, but I still am active on my perfume board and I'm a Mod over there. Perfume of Life is the largest perfume forum.

I have blogged a ton about perfumes, I own an extensive collection, so it definitely rivals tea.
+1! I'm not so active on Basenotes as I used to be before my interest in tea started, but I still read and post sometimes. My fragrance collection has reached a point of stability and is not growing so fast anymore.

Nov 6th, '10, 07:14

by Victoria » Nov 6th, '10, 07:14

Nenugal, I'm on Basenotes too, but never got into it very actively as I spend most my time on POL. Nice to have a fellow fragrance lover on board!

Nov 6th, '10, 08:32
Vendor Member

by IPT » Nov 6th, '10, 08:32

There's nothing that comes close to my love of tea, unless you count my daughter, who, without a doubt, comes first!

Nov 6th, '10, 08:54

by Herb_Master » Nov 6th, '10, 08:54

Herbs

Wine

French Cheese

Food of the World

Nov 6th, '10, 09:23

by RaynBeatle » Nov 6th, '10, 09:23

Other.

My interests are:

Taking care of animals.

Playing video games

Watching T.V. shows on DVD(I have seriously watched every episode of hundreds of T.V. shows...)

Writing

Music collecting

....and making sure I'm extra clean....I have a ridiculous amount of soaps, shampoos, and hand sanitizers. I will be in Bath and Body Works for hours>.<

So some of those kind of steal me away from tea and unbelievably and completely distract me from tea...while writing, music, and my cleaning ritual actually works with my tea obsession.

Nov 6th, '10, 10:41

by Mrs. Chip » Nov 6th, '10, 10:41

Began the TeaDay with Maruyama Asamushi from Maiko with the Brandon dubbed 'Sencha Master'. :wink: Nice mellow sencha to start the day. Shincha and Teah agreed, although they just wanted to eat treats while we drank tea. :)

Thought provoking question ... ummmm. Be back later with an answer.

Have a GREAT TEAweekend everyone! 8)

Nov 6th, '10, 12:50

by Victoria » Nov 6th, '10, 12:50

Concerning my interest in fragrances as I posted above, I still am unsure how to vote.
Is it:
Yes, exceeding tea,
Approaching tea
Matching tea

I will have to consider in what aspect? In the size of my collection, in the amount of money spent, in the amount of time spent on it, in the sheer desire and pursuit of it. Or maybe a combo.

I have spent more years involved with fragrance and met more people. My DH and I even traveled to Europe to stay with a fragrance friend I meet on the perfume board. I traveled to NYC to meet fragrance friends there.

Introducing my fragrance friends to quality tea has proved a bit challenging and vice versa as it seems there is not too much interest in fragrances here on the tea board. Yet there are so many wonderful fragrances out there made with Tea essences.

Still for me, the two intertwine nicely.

Started the day with Darjeeling from Tea Emporium.

Nov 6th, '10, 13:14

by msurads06 » Nov 6th, '10, 13:14

Love of reading definately exceeds tea. It also pairs well with tea, especially this time of year, not much better than curling up on the couch with a good book and cup of tea.

Starting the day with nannuo.

Nov 6th, '10, 13:24

by iannon » Nov 6th, '10, 13:24

Herb_Master wrote:Herbs

Wine

French Cheese

Food of the World
+1 on each! well..not so much herbs
cheese from everywhere! I love a good Manchego
Wine/Port really into my portuguese heritage there.
good FOOD from everywhere! Top of my world food lists..Chinese (authentic not the americanized buffet versions) Thai, Indian, Italian

Nov 6th, '10, 13:50

by JRS22 » Nov 6th, '10, 13:50

I make mosaics and that definitely exceeds my interest in tea - although of course I want them both in my life. My son freed up time for adding tea to my life by growing up and moving to Thailand (sob sob sob). It's better to drown my sorrows in tea rather than the hard stuff.

In my cup this morning, some Tai Ping Hou Kui from Seven Cups. I need to try different brewing parameters before a head-to-head comparison with the TPHK from Jing Tea Shop.

Nov 6th, '10, 13:53

by brlarson » Nov 6th, '10, 13:53

My primary, non-commercial interest is wildlife conservation.
Next in line are tea, woodcarving, music (guitars), photography, and various outdoor activities. (And, of course, wines of the world.)
auhckw wrote: ...
Ubuntuguide.org (founder but no longer contributing)
I have casually wondered how many TeaChatters are also UNIXen.
Debunix of course let her affilliation slip by virtue of her handle and now Auhckw has revealed himself, and I think I've seen penguin avatars from time to time. I am also one of the UNIXen but my affilliation has been professional for the last 26 years.

Hou de's shui xian for breakfast, and The Mandarin's Jin Jun Mai 2nd grade as a mid-afternoon snack.

Nov 6th, '10, 14:16

by entropyembrace » Nov 6th, '10, 14:16

Interests that can rival tea...video gaming might...I´ve certainly let tea overbrew or get cold because of a good game more than a few times. Mostly I play RPGs :)

Also my interest in chocolate is starting to develop along a similar path to how tea did...but it´s not as mature. I´m certainly enjoying my first tastes of single estate chocolate! :mrgreen:

Also I can get quite excited about good food and cooking, especially Mexican food!

No tea yet today...but I did just have breakfast so I will be brewing something up shortly :)