Nov 22nd, '12, 12:08

Re: Traveling Tea Sets

by theredbaron » Nov 22nd, '12, 12:08

MarshalN wrote:I'm a bit too lazy to edit my photos, so here's a traveling set I bought recently, mostly Japanese teaware

http://www.marshaln.com/2012/11/traveling-tea-set/
In the last sentence of your blog you mentioned kettle and stove. I usually carry a small immersion heater, a universal plug adapter and a small stainless kettle. I can use this in all hotel rooms, etc., and it takes hardly any space, and very little weight in the luggage (i like to travel light, if i can).
I guess for outside instead of the immersion heater one can use a small folding camping cooker, which can be used with any heat source - coal, wood or esbit tablets.

I like carrying a small tea set when i travel, there is little more relaxing than sitting in a basic hotel room, and have a tea session. It's almost meditative.

Nov 22nd, '12, 18:17

Re: Traveling Tea Sets

by needaTEAcher » Nov 22nd, '12, 18:17

I habe found that finding hot water is of course a challenge in certain places, for example far into the countryside in Laos, but for the most part we have had little to no trouble finding hot water on our journey. Sometimes, it is fun to go questing for something like boiling water, and when I break out the little travel set, the locals are often very interested in what I am doing, and it starts conversations!

+ Post Reply