Cigar humidor for Pu?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 16th, '18, 21:52

Re: Cigar humidor for Pu?

by teapotluck » Nov 16th, '18, 21:52

So, from June to November, I've been using new humidors to store my pu er bings, and the flavors have opened, perhaps from the increased humidity. I live in a very dry NYC apartment. I don't taste any cedar wood flavor at all. :roll:

teapotluck wrote: I bought two small humidors for tea as an experiment. I took some activated charcoal capsules, opened them and poured them into a little dish, and put this in one humidor. The other, I put baking soda, and let them absorb odors for two weeks. The charcoal did a much better job. I put a bing in the humidor last week. I'm going to try it soon.

JD wrote: Just as the title says. I own a cigar humidor, a small one, that I used for a few months for cigars before I quit smoking and now it's just sitting there collecting dust. It's a good humidor with a window on top and made of very nice wood. Smells a bit like cigars but I thought I could transform it into a small pu-er humidor for aging pu. It has an electronic humidifier inside it that keeps track of the humidity instantly at all times.

Thoughts?

Dec 15th, '18, 12:42

Re: Cigar humidor for Pu?

by josegs » Dec 15th, '18, 12:42

I have being doing some tests for around 1 month with different pu erh tea:
  • Pu -erh cake and cigars
  • Pu - erh cake in empty cigar humidor
Every week I tasted 1 cup of tea. The evolution of the tea has being great. After the 3rd week it started to get sweeter.
I did have a problem with my cigars, they started to get very humid, so I had to stop after the 1st month. Therefore, I couldn't continue the test.

I don't believe is the best way to store the tea, but it was very interesting to try.

+ Post Reply