Oct 23rd, '14, 15:09

poseidon: Mountain Tea Group Buy

by Poseidon » Oct 23rd, '14, 15:09

Hello chatters!
Im a big fan of the cost/quality ratio of mountaintea's tea and would like to pick up some tea at wholesale cost. They require that you order 100.00 worth of tea to order wholesale but I dont need 5-6 lbs of tea sitting around.

The web site is http://mountainteagarden.com/. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

-Cody

Oct 23rd, '14, 15:14

Re: Mountain Tea Group Buy

by drinking_teas » Oct 23rd, '14, 15:14

i might be down, keep me posted

Oct 23rd, '14, 16:10
Vendor Member

by ethan » Oct 23rd, '14, 16:10

+1 sending PM

Oct 23rd, '14, 16:36
Vendor Member

by ethan » Oct 23rd, '14, 16:36

Instead of PM, sharing my hopes here:

I want to buy some Imperial Pearl & some Black Pearl. The wholesale format requires purchase by pounds, but I'd prefer < 1 lb. of each, though if necessary I could do it.

To help people decide whether they want to get some of these, I suggest that they look at positive comments on Imperial Pearl of the Mountain Tea OTTI. It is an excellent tea.

The Black Pearl is not in the same class as the Imperial for complexity or uniqueness; nonetheless, I'd venture to say that anyone who has some in his teachest will drink it often & serve it to others. Though a straightforward, sweet black tea, it is satisfying to sophisticated drinkers while its simplicity is perfect for houseguests who don't want something too different than what they are used to drinking.

I am open to getting a few ounces of many of MT oolongs & trading. (Currently have a total of 12 kilograms of tea in my house, 7 unused teapots, 28 unused cups & bowls.)

Like Posiedon, I think MT is good value for $.

Oct 23rd, '14, 20:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 23rd, '14, 20:26

... to be fair, it would be appropriate to post actual prices (or actual discount % off of retail) and whether or not you will benefit in any way. Also, how will the tea be handled ... logistics ... as well as shipping costs.

Oct 23rd, '14, 21:53

by Poseidon » Oct 23rd, '14, 21:53

Chip wrote:... to be fair, it would be appropriate to post actual prices (or actual discount % off of retail) and whether or not you will benefit in any way. Also, how will the tea be handled ... logistics ... as well as shipping costs.
Thats true. The site has all the prices listed for the tea they offer wholesale. Compared to the normal price, you can expect to pay 64% less(for the dark roast TGY) when you compare the price for 10.5 oz of tea to the pound price on the wholesale site. If you guys would like, I can calculate the percentage of discount for each tea this weekend when I have some free time.

Im willing to take responcibility for putting the orders together. The shipping and handling of the order will be split amonst the board members and I ask for you to cover a USPS flate rate shipping box to your address. I can provide individual invoices when we have some tea selected and ordered. As well as screenshots of the whole process if need be. I do not want to benefit financially from this buy, only buy some tea at a cheaper price! :D

If there is any other questions or concerns feel free to ask and we can figure this out so all partys feel comfortable and happy.

Most tea on the site is sold in pound bags so it would be the best way to buy but if two people want to split a bag, that is fine. (Any suggestions for a bag to use put the halfed bags into?)

So, ill start and say im down for a pound of the Dark Roast Tieguanyin.

*edited shipping and handling sentence to make it clear.
Last edited by Poseidon on Oct 23rd, '14, 22:15, edited 2 times in total.

Oct 23rd, '14, 21:58

by drinking_teas » Oct 23rd, '14, 21:58

Poseidon wrote:
Chip wrote:... to be fair, it would be appropriate to post actual prices (or actual discount % off of retail) and whether or not you will benefit in any way. Also, how will the tea be handled ... logistics ... as well as shipping costs.
Thats true. The site has all the prices listed for the tea they offer wholesale. Compared to the normal price, you can expect to pay 64% less(for the dark roast TGY) when you compare the price for 10.5 oz of tea to the pound price on the wholesale site. If you guys would like, I can calculate the percentage of discount for each tea this weekend when I have some free time.

Im willing to take responcibility for the shipping and handling of the order, although I ask for you to cover a USPS flate rate shipping box to your address. I can provide individual invoices when we have some tea selected and ordered. As well as screenshots of the whole process if need be. I do not want to benefit financially from this buy, only buy some tea at a cheaper price! :D

If there is any other questions or concerns feel free to ask and we can figure this out so all partys feel comfortable and happy.

Most tea on the site is sold in pound bags so it would be the best way to buy but if two people want to split a bag, that is fine. (Any suggestions for a bag to use put the halfed bags into?)

So, ill start and say im down for a pound of the Dark Roast Tieguanyin.

i'm also down for the dark roast TGY. probably 4-8oz for me.

ask for extra bags when you order

Oct 24th, '14, 00:23

by Hannah » Oct 24th, '14, 00:23

drinking_teas wrote:
i'm also down for the dark roast TGY. probably 4-8oz for me.

ask for extra bags when you order
+1 same here for the dark roast TGY! I'd be happy with 4oz

Oct 24th, '14, 05:16

poseidon: Mountain Tea Group Buy

by mcrdotcom » Oct 24th, '14, 05:16

I'd be down for 150-250g of dark roast TGY!

Oct 24th, '14, 07:55

Re: poseidon: Mountain Tea Group Buy

by Poseidon » Oct 24th, '14, 07:55

Committed:
Poseidon: 1Lb of High Roast TGY.

Dan88: 1Lb Dark Roast TGY. Maybe some other 4oz (some Imperial Pearl & some Black Pearl)

Drinking_teas: 1/2 Lb Dark Roast TGY

Hannah: 1/4 Lb Dark Roast TGY.

Mcrdotcom: 1/2 Lb of Dark Roast TGY.

Have not committed:
Ethan: Imperial Pearl or Black Pearl

I put everyone down for their high end. Please confirm that what is above is correct!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also, the oriental beauty cake is a nice option for those of you who like OB! Im in for 2 of the 10 cakes if anyone wants to get in on that delicious treat.

And for those who are wondering about the Imperial Pearl- Im sipping on a cup this morning and its tastes exactly like caramel malt beer grain. Its nice.
Last edited by Poseidon on Oct 24th, '14, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 24th, '14, 10:01

by steanze » Oct 24th, '14, 10:01

1/4 pounds of dark roast TGY for me too! :) Thanks for organizing.

Oct 24th, '14, 11:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 24th, '14, 11:52

Thank you, poseidon. This will also help you prevent drops. :mrgreen:

Tell Chicco I said hello.

Oct 24th, '14, 11:56

by Muadeeb » Oct 24th, '14, 11:56

I'm in for 1/4 lb of the dark roast TGY too. Anybody want to try one of the Lishan offerings? I could go with 1/4 to 1/2lb of that too if someone wants the rest.

Oct 24th, '14, 13:22

by Poseidon » Oct 24th, '14, 13:22

:mrgreen: Updated!!

Committed:
Poseidon: 1Lb of High Roast TGY. Also interested in the Oriental Beauty Cakes (must order 9, willing to buy 2 at a price of 11.00 a piece)

Dan88: 1Lb Dark Roast TGY. Maybe some other 4oz (some Imperial Pearl & some Black Pearl)

Drinking_teas: 1/2 Lb Dark Roast TGY

Hannah: 1/4 Lb Dark Roast TGY.

Mcrdotcom: 1/2 Lb of Dark Roast TGY.

Steanze: 1/4 Lb of Dark Roast TGY.

Muadeeb: 1/4 Lb of Dark Roast TGY. Also interested in 1/4 - 1/2 lb of LiShan.

Have not committed:
Ethan: Imperial Pearl or Black Pearl

1/4 Lb away from hitting the minimum amount! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oct 24th, '14, 14:09
Vendor Member

by ethan » Oct 24th, '14, 14:09

Poseidon: Committed to:
1/2 lb. Black Pearl
3/4 lb. Imperial Pearl
1/2 lb. of one of the Lishan's-- work it out w/ Muadeeb which one

Poseidon: Let me know if you need some pouches or bags. I have a few in different sizes & lots more of what you got from me before.

Thanks.