A Deep Cup of Tea

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Dec 2nd, '14, 15:24

A Deep Cup of Tea

by Sunyata » Dec 2nd, '14, 15:24

Hello All,

I'm a long-time tea lover from the U.S., looking to connect and learn more about tea and what it means to others. I tend toward privacy online, but with this I may come out of the shell a bit. Glad to see everyone happily thriving here, and if I see an opportunity to help, I will do what I can.

Tea means a lot to me - somehow I've developed a sense of spiritual connection with the tea experience. This is probably due to making and drinking it on quiet days off, when I can read, meditate, play music, and enjoy peaceful times in nature. It is also connected with my sense of friendship because I've served tea to many friends and made memories at tea parties. Tea's just always been a presence in my social circle. And last but not least, it's connected with my sense of work, thinking, and problem-solving - I love to sit down with a hot cup and make moves in Chess, and I brew a lot of tea while coding.

So in a nutshell: tea, tao/zen, code, chess, and music!

Namaste

Dec 2nd, '14, 16:35

Re: A Deep Cup of Tea

by miig » Dec 2nd, '14, 16:35

wow, great introduction - welcome!

Dec 2nd, '14, 22:35

by chamekke » Dec 2nd, '14, 22:35

Hello Sunyata! (nice username btw)

I loved hearing your thoughts on the tea experience. Contemplation, conviviality and problem-solving are all wonderful things to engage in while enjoying tea, for sure. (And if you ever decide to play with photographic compositions, e.g. Still Life with Teacup and Chessboard, I can see that being pretty popular here. We looove photos ;-)

Dec 8th, '14, 12:03

by Sunyata » Dec 8th, '14, 12:03

Thanks, both. I am not much of a photographer myself but I'll run the idea by my brother - he's a professional and an artist with the camera. A steaming cup of tea next to a nice chess set, I can totally see that. :)

Dec 16th, '14, 23:15

by lilly007chang » Dec 16th, '14, 23:15

I am new here,your introduction makes me think of a poem suddenly,

There are times, nonetheless, when the meaning of 'drink' becomes obscure. If one would merely slake his thirst, then he can drink water. Should melancholy, sadness or anger strike, he can turn to wine to drink. But if one would dispel an evening's unproductive lassitude, the meaning of 'drink' is tea.

I like this poem so much,very deep

Dec 28th, '14, 20:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 28th, '14, 20:25

Welcome to TeaChat, Sunyata. Hope to see you around the forums.

I agree, tea and chess would be very interesting photographed together ... please share.

+ Post Reply