Green Tea Companies/Vendors for on a Budget

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 2nd, '14, 16:10

Green Tea Companies/Vendors for on a Budget

by FreedomBlossom » Dec 2nd, '14, 16:10

Does anyone here know some great online vendors that sell decent quality green teas for reasonable prices? I'm a college student and live on campus so the only way I have of heating up water is the microwave, so I would rather not waste money and completely ruin more expensive tea leaves. I've been purchasing from Adagio, but I would love to branch out and learn about any suggestion y'all may have. Sorry.

Dec 2nd, '14, 17:44

Re: Green Tea Comapanies/Vendors on a Budget

by rominchi » Dec 2nd, '14, 17:44

If you aren't looking for something very specific, iherb.com should satisfy your needs. They offer a wide selection of reasonably priced teas.

Dec 2nd, '14, 18:15

Re: Green Tea Comapanies/Vendors on a Budget

by FreedomBlossom » Dec 2nd, '14, 18:15

Thank you for the suggestion. I will have a look! I pretty much drink tea constantly so I just want something that tastes good, is affordable, and my clumsiness can't mess up too bad. I'm always up for learning about new tea and companies!

Dec 3rd, '14, 12:31

Re: Green Tea Companies/Vendors for on a Budget

by entropyembrace » Dec 3rd, '14, 12:31

FreedomBlossom wrote:Does anyone here know some great online vendors that sell decent quality green teas for reasonable prices? I'm a college student and live on campus so the only way I have of heating up water is the microwave, so I would rather not waste money and completely ruin more expensive tea leaves. I've been purchasing from Adagio, but I would love to branch out and learn about any suggestion y'all may have. Sorry.
check out http://maiko.ne.jp/english/index.htm they have some very affordable teas that are of good quality (usually you have to scroll down in each section to find them) For example at the bottom of the sencha page is Sencha Miyako that´s under $6 for 100g If you go with SAL the shipping is quite affordable too and it only takes about 2 weeks to arrive to Canada, and I suspect most of that time is due to our customs.

Does your dorm ban electric kettles?

Dec 3rd, '14, 12:56

Re: Green Tea Companies/Vendors for on a Budget

by FreedomBlossom » Dec 3rd, '14, 12:56

Thank you for the suggestion! Yes,I believe electric kettles are banned, at least in the rooms. We don't even have stoves so no stove top kettle either, I may ask the Resident Assistant about getting one to keep in the kitchen that everyone shares. If nothing else I plan to get one to keep at home so I can use it on the weekends and when I move back in next year.

+ Post Reply