Hello Tea Chat/ New User Intro

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 3rd, '15, 15:59

Hello Tea Chat/ New User Intro

by RBoyd » Jan 3rd, '15, 15:59

My family and I are in Texas so tea is not new to me, if iced tea, a Lipton tea bag and the occasional Celestial Seasonings teabag(for those fancy occasions, don't ya know!) count. Iced tea, it has been said, is Texas table wine.
Over the Christmas holidays my adult daughter drug me off to a mall in Dallas where I encountered a loose leaf tea store(name excluded to spare myself some ridicule). She found an Orange Blossom blend and fell in love, so I obliged and made the purchase. One present down, yay!
She has touched this tea once, and I have been guzzling it like a wino for a week now.
I went online and found a lot of good buzz about Adiago, so I wound up with 2 ounces of, well, everything.
Looking forward to sampling all of these teas and being able to question those who know much more than I do. :mrgreen:

Jan 6th, '15, 11:52

Re: Hello Tea Chat/ New User Intro

by Poseidon » Jan 6th, '15, 11:52

It seems that you are entering the tea world like many of us did. As a fellow southerner, I completely understand the stigma with tea. If you are into the fruit blended tea, keep with them. I would just suggest that you pick something up out of your typical purchase to expand your options. I started out basically drinking a pineapple fruit blend that was quickly overtaken by non flavored teas! Adagio is a good company to start with because you can get a taste of flavored and unflavored in one place. Once you decide what you like, you can always seek higher quality/ different varietals of the category.

Good luck and welcome! :D

Jan 12th, '15, 10:09

Re: Hello Tea Chat/ New User Intro

by MaryMoriarty » Jan 12th, '15, 10:09

Hello, I am new to this page, have been drinking tea since I was 13. I lived in Cambodia for 11+years and always had really good green tea from Vietnam. Glad there is a place to talk with other lovers of tea. I am hoping when I go to Cambodia in the spring to go to Vietnam also to visit a tea plantation.

+ Post Reply