Mar 4th, '15, 00:19

futurebird: I will buy your broken teawares....or trade.

by futurebird » Mar 4th, '15, 00:19

I need more items to repair. But, I'd like to repair something "nice" and I've fixed everything in my apartment. Ideally it should not be broken in to too many pieces.

I want:

Small yixing teapots
Small gong-fu tea cups
Nice gaiwans
Cha hai or cha he
etc.

I might try a chawan ... though that is not as high on my list.

Send a photo and a price. I'll pay up to ~$100 depending on the quality of the item before it broke.... I don't know if I'm ready to fix things for anyone I need practice. But I want to practice on things that I will feel proud of when I'm done.

Mar 4th, '15, 11:08

Re: I will buy your broken teawares....or trade.

by BioHorn » Mar 4th, '15, 11:08

I keep a broken teaware bin. Let me check my pile. Will get back to you next week. I have one Yixing, but it is probably too broken. There is also a nice yixing filter.

Mar 5th, '15, 03:33

Re: futurebird: I will buy your broken teawares....or trade.

by Tewa » Mar 5th, '15, 03:33

I think I saw some of your work around, you taught yourself kintsugi repairs, right? I could be mistaken I'm totally ignorant on ceramics and pottery.

Not sure how helpful this is but you may well end up with some one of a kind pottery to repair. Hit up Petr Novak, I saw his instagram post today and thought he'd have a huge selection of broken works to choose from. He's easy to get in touch with via his website.

Here's the link to the post http://instagram.com/p/z1pLxfgBk6/

Mar 5th, '15, 10:43

by JRS22 » Mar 5th, '15, 10:43

I sent you a PM with photos for a proposed trade.

Mar 5th, '15, 16:55

by Hannah » Mar 5th, '15, 16:55

Hi Futurebird!

Would you consider doing a repair of a gaiwan and sending it back? (all shipping and your extra labour paid for of course!)
I have one that's lid is broken in half.. It is one of my favourites and I have not been able to find anything close to it ever since :( so I wouldn't really like to part with it..

It doesn't have to be a perfect repair or anything, I would just be so happy to have it functional again!! I don't trust myself with glue though and your repairs I have seen are so pretty!! :D If you would be happy to please name a price and I would happily pay!

If not I totally understand, I just thought I would ask :mrgreen:

Mar 8th, '15, 21:53

by JB-ONE » Mar 8th, '15, 21:53

futurebird wrote:I need more items to repair. But, I'd like to repair something "nice" and I've fixed everything in my apartment. Ideally it should not be broken in to too many pieces.

I want:

Small yixing teapots
Small gong-fu tea cups
Nice gaiwans
Cha hai or cha he
etc.

I might try a chawan ... though that is not as high on my list.

Send a photo and a price. I'll pay up to ~$100 depending on the quality of the item before it broke.... I don't know if I'm ready to fix things for anyone I need practice. But I want to practice on things that I will feel proud of when I'm done.
I have a hongni shuipin =ball filter 75-80ml with a broken lid.

Nov 8th, '15, 21:23

by Tealluminati » Nov 8th, '15, 21:23

Still looking, futurebird? I've saved a nice gaiwan that I've been planning to get fixed, or eventually learn to fix, but it doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon. I may have a cup or two that could be worth the trouble too.

Send me a message if you want some pictures/discuss a trade of some sort!