Hello

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 22nd, '15, 22:09

Hello

by HEEGZ » Apr 22nd, '15, 22:09

Hi everyone. I wanted to make a short introductory post. I have been drinking teas for a long time, and for the past few years had started brewing some loose Twinings gunpowder green tea in an infuser. This past month I have discovered Japanese green teas...

I am in the process of enjoying several types, and I really enjoy a nice sencha. It's quite different from what I am used to. I have other teas coming in the mail, and I foresee a long future of tea learning ahead of me. I find myself wondering if I should just toss many of the teabags I had been drinking.

In any case, while researching kyusu and japanese teas I found these forums and thought I would register and join the community here with my experiences. I have bought two glazed kyusu from Den's tea, one for work and one for home. Also an assortment of cheap chinese teacups all of which are working well for getting a nice brew of my new teas.

Finally, I have ordered a proper tea set from Japan, as well as a pair of yunomi. I think the TAD has started already for me. But at least it is a healthful hobby this time, both medicinally and for stress and lifestyle. Now I'm off to find the right forum to post pics of my new teawares. Cheers!