Fushoushan High Mountain (2600m) Oolong Group Buy - Interest Check

Tea or pot doesn't float your boat? Find it a new home here.

Jul 13th, '16, 17:34

Re: Fushoushan High Mountain (2600m) Oolong Group Buy - Interest Check

by victoria3 » Jul 13th, '16, 17:34

Drax wrote:
Haddemall wrote:Got the email today and did go overboard and bought everything offered with great joy. Very excited to try these teas. Thank you, both of you guys.
Ditto, on all accounts! :mrgreen:
Ditto Likewise, Thank You

Jul 13th, '16, 17:38

by daidokorocha » Jul 13th, '16, 17:38

I am hoping that both of you review the Li Shan and say it wasn't a once in a lifetime tea. :wink: Just to note for those using paypal: for whatever reason I do not receive paypal updates telling me an invoice is waiting for me. Perhaps for others they do not as well, so please remember to sign into your paypal accounts and check just in case so you do not lose out on your tea! I have received mine, so I imagine others may have as well. Thank you again for the opportunity to try the tea and I patiently await!

Jul 13th, '16, 18:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jul 13th, '16, 18:14

Yep, got the invoice about 6 hours ago.

Jul 13th, '16, 21:10

by Frisbeehead » Jul 13th, '16, 21:10

I got 50g of the light roast Lishan, so I will report back on how it is when I receive it.

Paid for the Fu Shou Shan oolong today, excited to try it :mrgreen:

Though I ordered a bunch of tea from Chen, which he shipped out yesterday...so if I had only waited one more day, I could have had them both shipped together and saved $13 :cry:

Jul 13th, '16, 22:10

by Microshrimp » Jul 13th, '16, 22:10

kyarazen wrote:the government fushoushan tea farm in the lishan region is scheduled to start its spring tea picking next week, and this will stretch all the way through till end jun to early july. This year's tea season had been delayed by the prolonged winter.

this tea is grown organically at a "dayuling" equivalent altitude of 2600m, and is harvested twice a year only. superb aromatics, full body, and lingering sweet after taste. with the extra snow this year, its said that the spring tea could be even more awesome!
I'm excited about this and to also get Chen's Dongding! Thank you for organizing the sale. :D

I was wondering if you have any more details about this government tea farm and the history of this harvest/sale. Is this a part of the Tea Research and Extension Station?

Jul 13th, '16, 23:52
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 13th, '16, 23:52

Got the Fushoushan and Dongding! Didn't go with the Lishan at this time as I already have too much green gaoshan to get through from my trip to Taiwan in January, and I haven't been drinking much of it!

Jul 14th, '16, 02:15

by Bok » Jul 14th, '16, 02:15

Microshrimp wrote:
I was wondering if you have any more details about this government tea farm and the history of this harvest/sale. Is this a part of the Tea Research and Extension Station?
If I am not wrong it is not the government who owns it, but the ex-ruling KMT party who have alot of property which they took when coming to Taiwan. They are still very slow to disclose all the parties assets and maybe even give them back to the general public where they belong…

Nasty peace of history… only good thing that came out of that is some good tea and that Taiwan is still self-ruled and not part of the Red Dynasty :mrgreen:

Jul 14th, '16, 13:06

by kyarazen » Jul 14th, '16, 13:06

just a little public service announcement on behalf of Chen, for those invoices that have been paid, the packages are now being prepared, and will be sent out next monday!

~kz

Jul 14th, '16, 13:55

by victoria3 » Jul 14th, '16, 13:55

kyarazen wrote:just a little public service announcement on behalf of Chen, for those invoices that have been paid, the packages are now being prepared, and will be sent out next monday!

~kz
Excellent, thanks! Can you tell me a little about Chen? Is this Jindi Chen, and or family of, who's farms 2,500 meters or above were razed?

Jul 14th, '16, 14:23

by kyarazen » Jul 14th, '16, 14:23

victoria3 wrote:
kyarazen wrote:just a little public service announcement on behalf of Chen, for those invoices that have been paid, the packages are now being prepared, and will be sent out next monday!

~kz
Excellent, thanks! Can you tell me a little about Chen? Is this Jindi Chen, and or family of, who's farms 2,500 meters or above were razed?
oh no.. this is dongding chen... or you can call him frozen peak chen...
he's my "buying service" in taiwan whenever i want anything sourced.. from fruits to toys to.. anything under the sun!

i've written a little about him at :
kyarazen.com/traditional-dong-ding-oolong-the-kz-tea-experiment/

Jul 14th, '16, 14:58

by CWarren » Jul 14th, '16, 14:58

kyarazen wrote:
victoria3 wrote:

~kz
he's my "buying service" in taiwan whenever i want anything sourced.. from fruits to toys to.. anything under the sun!

Chen and his teas seriously rock. Not only is he a pleasure to speak with, giving his time to share stories and photos of his country and his gardens but his tea is simply amazing. I've been drinking his teas most of the week and they are so good I actually find myself doing back to back sessions with new leaf which I rarely do. I normally move on to a new tea from a different vendor. Anyway my two cents, slightly off topic so my apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 14th, '16, 15:14

by Frisbeehead » Jul 14th, '16, 15:14

CWarren wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
victoria3 wrote:

~kz

Chen and his teas seriously rock. Not only is he a pleasure to speak with, giving his time to share stories and photos of his country and his gardens but his tea is simply amazing. I've been drinking his teas most of the week and they are so good I actually find myself doing back to back sessions with new leaf which I rarely do. I normally move on to a new tea from a different vendor. Anyway my two cents, slightly off topic so my apologies.

Absolutely, I've been chatting with him on Instagram since the first time I bought tea from him, and he always shares pictures, what tea he's drinking, etc. Super nice guy. And of course, his teas are wonderful. The insect bites dong ding has been my favorite so far, and I just ordered a bunch more of it to store away. My F1 hongni is pretty much dedicated to his teas at this point :mrgreen:

Aside from his traditional dong ding, his other teas are great too. He has a ruby 18 black tea that's very good, as well as a rolled black tea that he sent as a sample in my last order - it was delicious.

I'm sure lately he's gotten quite a bit of attention from Westerners due to Kyarazen's blog post and word of mouth, he definitely deserves the support. I wonder if this new market has boosted his sales. I hope he and his family are doing well from this new attention, they certainly deserve it! :D

Jul 14th, '16, 16:16

by victoria3 » Jul 14th, '16, 16:16

Frisbeehead wrote:
CWarren wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
victoria3 wrote:

~kz

Absolutely, I've been chatting with him on Instagram since the first time I bought tea from him, and he always shares pictures, what tea he's drinking, etc. Super nice guy. And of course, his teas are wonderful. The insect bites dong ding has been my favorite so far, and I just ordered a bunch more of it to store away. My F1 hongni is pretty much dedicated to his teas at this point :mrgreen:

Aside from his traditional dong ding, his other teas are great too. He has a ruby 18 black tea that's very good, as well as a rolled black tea that he sent as a sample in my last order - it was delicious.

I'm sure lately he's gotten quite a bit of attention from Westerners due to Kyarazen's blog post and word of mouth, he definitely deserves the support. I wonder if this new market has boosted his sales. I hope he and his family are doing well from this new attention, they certainly deserve it! :D
OK great to have this cleared up because I was beginning to think 'Chen' had a very broad reach all over Taiwan. Floating Leaves also references a Farmer Chen in PingLin, Taiwan. Ethan and jayinhk also reference a Mr & Ms Chen....

Thank you for your interesting article Kyara Zen, nicely detailed and I appreciate this info. 'One of the biggest mistakes is to brew traditional dongding straight from the pack. Instead, reasonable amounts like 10-20 grams should be transferred into a canister of about 100-200ml volume, and the tea allowed to “awaken”. ' After reading it I am jazzed to try Xin Cheng Fang's Spring Traditional Dong Ding Oolong and to one day to try the bug bitten Summer crop as well.

Jul 14th, '16, 19:15

by CWarren » Jul 14th, '16, 19:15

Frisbeehead wrote:
CWarren wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
victoria3 wrote:

~kz

I was introduced to him on IG via a tea friend so when I saw him talked about on here I smiled. He has quite a following of folks on IG who love his tea as I'm sure you know. I'm looking forward to the release of his summer teas soon even if it is low production due to rain. I'm sure that will reflect in price as well. I'm going to pick up the spring teas I missed last time ordering. His Lishan is mind blowing. Heck, they're all amazing. Image

Jul 14th, '16, 19:16

by CWarren » Jul 14th, '16, 19:16

victoria3 wrote:
Frisbeehead wrote:
CWarren wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
victoria3 wrote:

~kz

OK great to have this cleared up because I was beginning to think 'Chen' had a very broad reach all over Taiwan. Floating Leaves also references a Farmer Chen in PingLin, Taiwan. Ethan and jayinhk also reference a Mr & Ms Chen....

Thank you for your interesting article Kyara Zen, nicely detailed and I appreciate this info. 'One of the biggest mistakes is to brew traditional dongding straight from the pack. Instead, reasonable amounts like 10-20 grams should be transferred into a canister of about 100-200ml volume, and the tea allowed to “awaken”. ' After reading it I am jazzed to try Xin Cheng Fang's Spring Traditional Dong Ding Oolong and to one day to try the bug bitten Summer crop as well.

Don't forget about Dr. Chen too. Image

+ Post Reply