Hello from Virginia

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Sep 22nd, '18, 13:40

Hello from Virginia

by trziste » Sep 22nd, '18, 13:40

Hello,
I live in Virginia, USA. I've been a tea drinker forever but only began to explore after I had to give up coffee about 18 months ago. Much of my tea exploration was at a tea shop in Prague where I lived at the time. Tea Mountain is on Krizikova, just around the corner from my apartment. It's a great shop with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. I began drinking oolongs, which I had never really had before. I like Team Mountain so much that I continue to order tea from there. I also drink darjeelings from Vahdam.

Apr 4th, '19, 13:40
Mod/Admin

Re: Hello from Virginia

by AndrewGC » Apr 4th, '19, 13:40

Hey trziste! Found any more good teas since your post?
trziste wrote: Hello,
I live in Virginia, USA. I've been a tea drinker forever but only began to explore after I had to give up coffee about 18 months ago. Much of my tea exploration was at a tea shop in Prague where I lived at the time. Tea Mountain is on Krizikova, just around the corner from my apartment. It's a great shop with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. I began drinking oolongs, which I had never really had before. I like Team Mountain so much that I continue to order tea from there. I also drink darjeelings from Vahdam.

Apr 5th, '19, 07:05

Re: Hello from Virginia

by trziste » Apr 5th, '19, 07:05

AndrewGC wrote: Hey trziste! Found any more good teas since your post?

Why, yes. Right now I'm drinking an oolong from Tea Mountain. Here is the description from their website. It's translated from Czech by Google, so excuse the oddness:

Wild Garden Ching Jing Chin Shin Gao Shan Oolong "lightly roasted"
Teas from wild or naturally run mountain gardens are something that has attracted our attention over the past few years. We are so excited to discover another wild garden in the beautiful, clean Ching Jing area, where this green tea, made in the classic style of light, lightly oxidized, alpine (gao shan) oolongs, comes with a lighter but clearly perceptible bake which, together with higher viscosity, adds tea to fullness, enhances the natural flowering aroma and highlights the pleasant spicy tones that are also an indication of increased insect activity in the gardens. Harvest time: June 2018. Area: Chen Jing's gardens. Cultivar: Chin Shin

+ Post Reply