Hello from Germany!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jul 10th, '19, 11:43

Hello from Germany!

by Fisheyes » Jul 10th, '19, 11:43

Hi there!
I´m a german deeply in love with yixing pots and wulong cha, living south of Berlin.
Since 1996 I´m training in gongfu cha and I am very interested in literature about yixing makers and marks, museums which have some yixing pots etc.
As english isn't my mother tongue, please excuse my mistakes.
I´m looking forward to participate and learn from the experts :)

Jul 14th, '19, 00:36

Re: Hello from Germany!

by TEAMOOD » Jul 14th, '19, 00:36

Fisheyes wrote: Hi there!
I´m a german deeply in love with yixing pots and wulong cha, living south of Berlin.
Since 1996 I´m training in gongfu cha and I am very interested in literature about yixing makers and marks, museums which have some yixing pots etc.
As english isn't my mother tongue, please excuse my mistakes.
I´m looking forward to participate and learn from the experts :)
Hi Fisheyes,

Welcome to this tea world!
I'm also new here since few days ago and I'm a Yixing local from the centre of the Zisha teapot workshops, there's one kiln in running for zisha teapots just 50 meters away from my home. My family is in this teapot business though I've been an exception during the last 10 years.

I'm a businessman of industrial products travelling across the world and become fan of oolong leaves until few years ago since more and more of my connections in my business ties requested me to help them pick teapots for them. I've been to Germany several times(Munich, Frankfurt, Augsburg and Bamburg mainly).

Hope here we can explore together!

Joe

Jul 15th, '19, 15:32
Mod/Admin

by AndrewGC » Jul 15th, '19, 15:32

Hello! And Welcome! We're glad to have you! Let me know if you ever have any questions about the site!
Fisheyes wrote:

Jul 17th, '19, 10:54

by Fisheyes » Jul 17th, '19, 10:54

Hi Joe!

Thanks for your kind reply. I´ve already been to Yixing a few times and find it hard to find good quality clay pots even there.
If you can get your hands on older pots (1980's and before) or on really good craftsmanship, I´m always interested :wink:
As a tea addict, for me a good pot should be usable and about 100-150 ml big, not so much decorated. My ideal is a thin walled shuiping or such like, simple styled pots.
When I was 1996 in Yixing, there was a small open air market opposite the ceramics museum. Sadly, that`s long gone - but I´m still using two pots I´ve bought after some negotiations...

So, welcome to you, too! We need some expertise and qood connections für Yixing teaware.

Jul 20th, '19, 02:29

by TEAMOOD » Jul 20th, '19, 02:29

Fisheyes wrote: Hi Joe!

Thanks for your kind reply. I´ve already been to Yixing a few times and find it hard to find good quality clay pots even there.
If you can get your hands on older pots (1980's and before) or on really good craftsmanship, I´m always interested :wink:
As a tea addict, for me a good pot should be usable and about 100-150 ml big, not so much decorated. My ideal is a thin walled shuiping or such like, simple styled pots.
When I was 1996 in Yixing, there was a small open air market opposite the ceramics museum. Sadly, that`s long gone - but I´m still using two pots I´ve bought after some negotiations...

So, welcome to you, too! We need some expertise and qood connections für Yixing teaware.
Hi Fisheyes,

It`s quite amazing to hear about your acquaintance about my hometown! Yes, it`s true for a foreigner to find a good one of good quality(clay, craftman`s skills and fame) at reasonable price. Some expertise and trustworthy connection to it is mandatory to help on source and advising on choices.

There're old teapots indeed but I believe most of are kept in private collections. Maybe some of them would be like to spared which I will keep you aware of. Costs maybe real high.

The open air market you mentioned is likely 江南市场/Jiang Nan Flea Market which now no longer existed and replaced with a modern market place called Tao Li(陶里). There're 2 or 3 bigger and more popular markets nowadays here. There used to be a giant sculpture-a big zisha teapot in front the street, right? See below pictures.
陶里.jpg
a bird view
taoli.jpg
front gate
Taoli Market-replacement of old Jiang Nan Market.jpg
Today I also posted on TeaChat another Subject:"Jul.20th,2019: 2nd group of Yixing Zisha teapots" where you can likely find what you`re looking for (100-150ml). I`m new here too so I can`t attach the link to you.Sorry.

Westerners including Germany have been here in recent 2-3 years. They are mainly industrial investors here. I can introduce them to you if you have a wechat.
Welcome you back again someday!
Joe

Jul 21st, '19, 00:51

by Spanky » Jul 21st, '19, 00:51

Welcome Fisheyes,

I am new here but am also getting interested in yixing. Im in HK now (originally from USA) and have a collection of Japanese kyusu, but since coming here, I have not used them as much. When in Rome!

I look forward to chatting with you :)

Jul 23rd, '19, 02:35

by Fisheyes » Jul 23rd, '19, 02:35

Hi Spanky,

in HK you of course have to switch to gongfu style and use chaouzhou or yixing pots, there are lots on sale in Shenzhen. Also Gouangzhou and Macao are not far, so you`re located in a perfect hunting ground... :D

When I started with "real" tea, HK was very interesting for me, because I visited the Flagstaff museum and bought a good introduction to chinese tea, "All the tea in China", which I still use sometimes. Hope the taifun season will be ok, though.

Hope to read some more about your experiences, especially where to buy tea and yixing pots!!!

+ Post Reply