Random Queston : Tea + Music = ?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 20th, '08, 23:22

Random Queston : Tea + Music = ?

by Pentox » Feb 20th, '08, 23:22

If you had to liken your favorite tea to a song what would it be and why?

Feb 21st, '08, 01:01

by Mary R » Feb 21st, '08, 01:01

That is a random question. But it amuses me so I shall answer.

Yunnan Gold: Golden Porsche by Mogwai. It's hard to explain this one...you really have to hear the song in its entirety and know YG. Then you'd go "Oh yeah...perfect." Actually, most of Mogwai's "Happy Songs for Happy People" album would match up well with YG. It's not an energetic album, but it's complex and demands your attention. It places classical music and post-rock together is such a weird palimpsest... It's probably the most played album on my iTunes. (Oooh, I just checked and it ISN'T. Angels and Airwaves "We Don't Need to Whisper" is. WTF? I do have a soft spot for Tom DeLonge and his style, but I certainly wouldn't have expected that.)

Sencha: Amazed by Poe. Actually, most of her "Haunted" album would be good for a sencha section...but Amazed in particular because it's such a topsy-turvy lost in the journey sort of song. Sencha's a new experience every time I brew it. It will have incredible leaps in complexity one minute--new worlds opening in a cup--and then the next time I brew it, it's one-dimensional and collapsed.

That damn pumpkin rooibos: Mmmbop by Hanson. Because it's nothing but pop and lightness and you know it...but darn it, it's catchy.

Lemongrass anything: Mr. Brightside by The Killers. Because it makes me want to tapdance...yet I can mellow with it.

Feb 21st, '08, 05:37

Re: Random Queston : Tea + Music = ?

by olivierco » Feb 21st, '08, 05:37

Pentox wrote:If you had to liken your favorite tea to a song what would it be and why?
"gongfu fighting" for Puer of course.

Feb 21st, '08, 16:09

by Pentox » Feb 21st, '08, 16:09

Mary R wrote: Sencha: Amazed by Poe. Actually, most of her "Haunted" album would be good for a sencha section...but Amazed in particular because it's such a topsy-turvy lost in the journey sort of song. Sencha's a new experience every time I brew it. It will have incredible leaps in complexity one minute--new worlds opening in a cup--and then the next time I brew it, it's one-dimensional and collapsed.
Oh man, I got upstaged on my own question before I could even come up with my answer for it. I was leaning toward Ode to Joy for most of my good senchas. But this is so appropriate that i'm stunned.

Lol, if I were to liken puerh to a song I would associate it with Through the Fire and the Flames - Dragonforce. Just so much going on there, and it works in conjunction with itself. And in the end you're just left wondering how does it/they do that. (Puerh isn't really my fav tea though)

Feb 21st, '08, 16:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Feb 21st, '08, 16:43

Any tea I make would be like Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Feb 21st, '08, 18:10

by tseirPsaduJ » Feb 21st, '08, 18:10

"A Certain Shade of Green"-Incubus gives me about the same relaxed and aware vibe that Oolongs do. Despite the fact that the title sounds more like a green tea song.
I also like Toccata and Fugue D minor of Johann Sebastien Bach.
The actual music itself or lyrics have nothing to do with it. Just the feeling they produce.

I always wondered if anyone else compared people/people reminded them of, different types of tea. I noticed that the beings I like and understand the most tend to remind me of Oolongs. Face, vibe or personality. Or all of the above. The human whom's company I enjoy most looks, smells,etc. like some yet to be discovered variety. I know I'm not making sense. Anyway..

+ Post Reply