New customers

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jan 24th, '06, 00:21

by librarianpirate » Jan 24th, '06, 00:21

Anonymous wrote:Adagio doesn't waste time on anyone who they size up as not being a future big spender who won't complain.
For the most part I've only participated in these threads of complaint in an offhanded manner, but I wanted to respond to that.

Throughout Teachat I've declared myself a poor graduate school student who doesn't have the money to spend on tea, especially as much as I want to. I have also declared that I am going to be a librarian - the lowest paying job in the country for which a masters is required. Even knowing that, I have recieved a super warm welcome here at TeaChat and when I made my first purchase it was quick, easy, cheap, and exactly what I wanted!

Apparently they are wasting time on me because I'm not going to be a future big spender - just a big dreamer. But I appreciate the attention none the less! (:

Jan 24th, '06, 00:26

by Marlene » Jan 24th, '06, 00:26

Not a future big spender!? GET THE HENCE VILE (future) LIBRARIAN!!!

<3 you librarianpirate.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jan 24th, '06, 00:33

by librarianpirate » Jan 24th, '06, 00:33

You won't let me drink tea with you? :evil: I won't read you stories in my library! ):

(So totally kidding!):wink:

Jan 24th, '06, 00:36

by teaspoon » Jan 24th, '06, 00:36

LoL I love you guys. BTW, librarianpirate, if it's any consolation I'm looking at a future of teaching. Woo. Hehee

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jan 24th, '06, 00:41

Confused

by Ghost of Tea » Jan 24th, '06, 00:41

LEEEEEROY JEEEENKINS!!!

Teaspoon is right...for a smart guy sometimes I really am dense.

I don't even see the point in this thread. Some people don't like Adagio. That makes me sad, since they have some really good teas.

"Guest" and "Also Guest" confuse me even more. Why are you wasting your lives flaming the board of a company you don't even like? Not that we can't use the excitement...but still...you are giving up precious moments of your life here. You could be drinking tea for criminy's sakes! Or even better, flaming the Christian Coalition's message boards. You think Tea Drinkers retaliate? I mean...in terms of entertainment value, posting an argument for homosexual marriage on the Young Republicans website is worth weeks and weeks of fun.

I hope you all hang around...I recommend getting your own logins and maybe an Avatar of Snidely Whiplash or Boris and Natasha. And...if you have serious feedback...instead of stoking the fire by tossing on some more manure, why not try posting it openly.

Oh...and if you want a recommendation, I love Adagio's Earl Grey.
"Smash you good! Dead you be!" -from Tadeira

Jan 24th, '06, 00:54

by teaspoon » Jan 24th, '06, 00:54

re: Ghost of Tea's post...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I love this man.

~tsp.
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jan 24th, '06, 00:58

by librarianpirate » Jan 24th, '06, 00:58

(whiney voice) then why don't you marry him?
(/whiney voice)
ahem
that is to say ...
er ...
hi?

Jan 24th, '06, 07:44

by garden gal » Jan 24th, '06, 07:44

The point of this whole thread is that someone spent $1400 MEANING they not only are happy and like Adagio's teas (so I must have more) but also they got $140 worth of free teas! Life is indeed grand!

Jan 24th, '06, 07:56

by garden gal » Jan 24th, '06, 07:56

Just got a great idea- maybe this should go under recommendations? I NEED an Adagio credit card- like the cabela or BP ones so I can earn even more free tea. I know I'm only one person who wants one but how hard could that be to set it up for just me. :lol:

Jan 24th, '06, 10:03

by jzero » Jan 24th, '06, 10:03

Anonymous wrote:Adagio doesn't waste time on anyone who they size up as not being a future big spender who won't complain. Sending that person the deserved book would have been the right thing to do rather than telling her it will be included in her next order.
Well, if we're going to start naming the anonymous dissenters, I hereby nominate this character as "Flunked out of business school."

Businesses (small businesses in particular) often cannot afford to spend too much time, effort and money on customers who will end up costing the company more than they bring in. There is an reverse side to this proverbial coin: these same businesses are often willing to spend a good deal of time, effort and money on those customers that bring in repeat business and bring in the referrals of their friends and family.

I cannot speak for Adagio specifically, of course, but it's certainly something to keep in mind when wondering why they would be unwilling to lose $9 revenue plus the cost of picking, packing and posting on a customer who does not seem to be one for compromise and has also already vowed not to return.
Last edited by jzero on Jan 24th, '06, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
They Call Me Jzero

Jan 24th, '06, 10:10

by chris » Jan 24th, '06, 10:10

Cult credit.... think of the commercial possibilities:

The Krazy Kool-Aid Card: never leave home.

The TeaSa Card: 3oz Green Pekoe, $7. ingenuiTEA 2.0, $19. never having to deal with some unreasonably hurtful troll again, priceless.

Jan 24th, '06, 10:40

by jogrebe » Jan 24th, '06, 10:40

Same here, seminary graduates are generally in the same boat in terms of income but (and I'm fairly sure that librarianpirate and teaspoon will back me up on this one ) there are many people that value what they do over the paycheck which is why they go into lower paying careers. Still tea comes out to be one of the most economical beverages and if you don't believe me figure out how much it would cost for a “weeks supply” of beer or soda and then compare it to how much tea you can buy for the same amount of money. While keeping in mind that a pound of tea is said to brew around 200 cups and that is before you even start talking about teas such as Puerh which can be reinfused 2-4 times in my experience before its time to throw out the leaves before brewing the next cup.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Jan 24th, '06, 10:43

by jogrebe » Jan 24th, '06, 10:43

teaspoon wrote:Ooh! A troll! Where's my crossbow?
chris wrote:Cult credit.... think of the commercial possibilities:

The Krazy Kool-Aid Card: never leave home.

The TeaSa Card: 3oz Green Pekoe, $7. ingenuiTEA 2.0, $19. never having to deal with some unreasonably hurtful troll again, priceless.
I don't know about that Chris, teaspoon seemed to be looking forward to dealing with that troll.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Jan 24th, '06, 13:12

by cess » Jan 24th, '06, 13:12

tsp - I love him (Batman) too --- from afar of course, though still close enough to see his tights! HA

Jan 24th, '06, 14:11

by teamuse » Jan 24th, '06, 14:11

Chris... I love you man! you crack me up!

and to toss another log onto the fire of the "no so big paycheck club"
my profession of choice is to be a Sociology professor...and my newest profession starting in July doesn't pay a dime: "Parent" and one that is going to stay at home for a while at that.

If I end up becoming a public school music teacher, I'm still in the club.

It's not so much the paycheck, but loving what you do...and I've learned that leads to a much happier existence, especially with your favorite tea beside you.

+ Post Reply