Shincha 2008 Lineup

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Apr 15th, '08, 21:03
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 15th, '08, 21:03

Salsero wrote:
Chip wrote:You can be my TeaDaddy, Sal.
Paul Simon almost wrote:
  • If you’ll be my TeaDaddy
    I can be your long lost pal
    I can call you Chipster
    And Chipster when you call me
    You can call me Sal
Sorry Chip, I've had to rethink the whole offer, you sound too expensive and Tenuki's got a better proposition with the TeaMoar 3000. With the TeaMoar it's shincha every day. (some models may come with less than standard 2 m wheels)

Now where did I put those meds ... mmm. Geez I've only had one tea today, and I'm going off the deep end... I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

* Well then it must have been Mary.
Dude, you are killing me...I may laugh to death... :lol:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 15th, '08, 21:34

by Salsero » Apr 15th, '08, 21:34

Chip wrote:..I may laugh to death...
No, don't laugh to death: we need you to save us from the spammers!

Oh, and I see what guricha you got from Pentox. It's Lupicia

Apr 15th, '08, 21:44

by augie » Apr 15th, '08, 21:44

tenuki wrote:Image

Get yer fresh Japanese grass clippings, step right up!!!
Ahhhh, thank you for posting that picture. I can almost taste it! :)

I got the Den's Newsletter and now I'm more torn after reading everybody's posts. :?

Apr 15th, '08, 22:14

by Chip » Apr 15th, '08, 22:14

Augie,

What...I didn't receive the newsletter!!!!!!!!!!! Did you just get it?

Apr 15th, '08, 22:31

by RussianSoul » Apr 15th, '08, 22:31

Chip wrote:Augie,

Me neither! No newsletter here. What's up with that?

Apr 15th, '08, 22:33

by Chip » Apr 15th, '08, 22:33

White Russian wrote:

Augie is "special" I suppose. :wink:

Apr 15th, '08, 22:36

by Salsero » Apr 15th, '08, 22:36

None for me either. I suppose Augie's money is better than ours. Hurrumpf

Apr 16th, '08, 00:51

by Victoria » Apr 16th, '08, 00:51

Chip wrote:
White Russian wrote:

Augie is "special" I suppose. :wink:
Chip, you really need to lay off those White Russians.

Apr 16th, '08, 01:25

by Pentox » Apr 16th, '08, 01:25

augie wrote:
tenuki wrote:Image

Get yer fresh Japanese grass clippings, step right up!!!
Ahhhh, thank you for posting that picture. I can almost taste it! :)

I got the Den's Newsletter and now I'm more torn after reading everybody's posts. :?
Augie must be "in" with Den's to get special previews :wink:

Apr 16th, '08, 01:46

by olivierco » Apr 16th, '08, 01:46

Kaburagien updated their shincha webpage

Shincha due in the first week of May

Apr 18th, '08, 13:29

by Pentox » Apr 18th, '08, 13:29

Ok, so now that zencha has theirs listed as well, I'm curious what everyone is going to spring for. I'm having a hard time deciding personally.

Apr 22nd, '08, 14:00

by Chip » Apr 22nd, '08, 14:00

I almost had a panic attack this morning...thought I ran out of straight sencha. Then I found around 40 grams. I will be virtually out of sencha just in time. This gives me more than a bit of satisfaction.

Hibiki an preorder info is up...he will continue to update this as regular items also go shincha. Of the 3 special editions offerings, I am all over his Shincha Tradtitional and maybe the Farmer's Shincha, 2 of his 2 special editions...the Fukamushi, maybe.

O-Cha, I will likely at least sample all of them. I will order Hatsumi and the Kirameki for myself...and the Yutaka Midori. I am likely going to offer samplings of Fukamushi Supreme and Miyabi.

Still waiting on Den's, have they fallen asleep and forgotten shincha is upon us.

Zencha is a tough call for me, they are pricey. The Takumi shincha was stellar as shincha last year.

Maiko is still a question mark for me, though they have preorder info up now.

Kaburagien, never tried before, but tempted.

Lupicia has crazy sencha, don't know much about them except the Guri from Pentox was pretty decent. Ito-en is similar.

Apr 23rd, '08, 09:02

hibiki-an pre orders

by stargazer » Apr 23rd, '08, 09:02

Hibiki-an accepting pre orders for shincha!!! Any recommendations?????

Dear Sir and Madam,

We at Hibiki-an THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your continued patronage and support. We are pleased to offer useful information for your healthy life and continued enjoyment of Japanese green tea. In this issue, we talk about 'Pre-order sale of Shincha items!'

[At last, we started the Pre-order sale of Shincha items!]
The harvest of Shincha (the first tea of the year) is just around the corner! There are only around ten days and more left until the Shincha harvest.
We, at Hibiki-an, started to accept pre-orders of Shincha today. We have been arranging three limited edition Shincha items and three regular Sencha items with especially enjoyable Shincha flavor for pre-order sales as described below. We anticipate that each item will be shipped in order of precedence as soon as it is harvested. To pre-order, please go through the usual order process. Celebrate our first tea harvest of the year with Hibiki-an's Shincha and enjoy the remarkable fresh flavor, which can only be experienced once every year!

=-= Limited edition Shincha items =-=
All three items below are limited edition of 1,000 packages each ONLY AVAILABLE this harvest season. We have arranged various types of Shincha, which will be specially finished to enjoy Shincha's refreshing aroma and flavor. For more information regarding each item, please click on the links below. We hope you will enjoy the refreshing aroma and smooth flavor of each Shincha item!

- Shincha Traditional (80g/2.82oz): US$25.00 (Anticipated to be shipped around on May 5 or 9)
http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.p ... cts_id/427
These tea leaves are finished in the traditional Uji/Kyoto style. So this Shincha's refreshing aroma and flavor are prominent.

- Shincha Fukamushi (80g/2.82oz): US$21.00 (Anticipated to be shipped around on May 5 or 9)
http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.p ... cts_id/428
Saemidori breed brings us pleasure in the springtime, to consider the unique flavor and early-ripening. Enjoy the sweet and smooth taste unique to this tea, as well as the fresh aroma.

- Farmers' Shincha (160g/5.64oz): US$26.00 (Anticipated to be shipped around on May 8 or 12)
http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.p ... cts_id/429
Enjoy the natural taste and refreshing aroma of this "Aracha" Shincha at an affordable price.

=-= Regular Sencha items with especially enjoyable Shincha flavor =-=
For pre-orders, we chose three regular items especially recommended to enjoy Shincha's remarkable refreshing aroma and fresh and smooth flavor.

- Sencha Super Premium (40g/1.41oz): US$21.00 (Anticipated to be shipped around May 5 to 9)
http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.p ... cts_id/357
This item is grown at the same tea farm with tea that has been presented to the Japanese Emperor for many hundreds of years, and harvested in the same way, picked by skilled hands. With this special tea, you can enjoy the same Shincha flavor enjoyed by Japanese Emperors.

- Sencha Premium (100g/3.53oz): US$25.00 (Anticipated to be shipped around May 7 to 11)
http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.p ... ucts_id/30
This item is grown at Ujitawara known for producing high grade Sencha, located in mountain ravines, with mineral-rich soil. The misty climate, sloping hills, warm days and cool nights create the excellent smooth flavor and refreshing aroma of Sencha Premium. The geography is challenging for farmers but ideal for tea trees.

- Organic Sencha Premium (100g/3.53oz): US$24.00 (Anticipated to be shipped around May 13 to 17)
http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.p ... cts_id/507
Organic Sencha's harvest generally starts 7 to 10 days later than conventional grown Sencha. The feature of the flavor is very simple and traditional. We imagine that the Shincha flavor enjoyed hundreds of years ago in historical Japan was just like this. Would you enjoy the simple Shincha flavor that was enjoyed long, long ago?

(Note)
If you pre-order the above items together with regular Hibiki-an items, all items from your order will be shipped together at the same time when they are all available. The above shipping dates are good estimates, but the actual shipping date may be a few days earlier or later due to unpredictable weather conditions for the harvest

Are you enjoying your green moments? Hibiki-an encourages those who love to drink green tea. If you have any requests or questions regarding our teas or services, please don't hesitate to contact us. We sincerely hope that you enjoy genuine Hibiki-an Japanese green tea direct to you from Kyoto, Japan.

Sincerely yours,

Atsushi Yasui

Apr 23rd, '08, 20:41

by devites » Apr 23rd, '08, 20:41

I ordered my 08 shincha from o-cha its due out on the 28th and I can't wait.

Apr 23rd, '08, 21:12

by insanitylater » Apr 23rd, '08, 21:12

+ Post Reply