Father's Day TeaDay 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Any special Father's Day plans...and will tea be a special part of it?

Yes and yes
8%
Yes and no
23%
No and yes
23%
No and no
36%
Other
10%

Total votes: 39

Jun 15th, '08, 16:23
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 15th, '08, 16:23

Dribs and drabs of Fukamushi Maki, Miyabi and a few others...not bad, not bad at all.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 15th, '08, 16:24

by Tea na » Jun 15th, '08, 16:24

RussianSoul wrote:Meng Ding Huang Ya is brewing in glass. Note the leaves standing up - pretty!

I love that cup!!!

Jun 15th, '08, 16:56

by Eastree » Jun 15th, '08, 16:56

I don't *HAVE* a father, you insensitive clods!

(Sorry ... I'll stop being mean now)

Jun 15th, '08, 17:03

by henley » Jun 15th, '08, 17:03

Tea na wrote:
RussianSoul wrote:Meng Ding Huang Ya is brewing in glass. Note the leaves standing up - pretty!

I love that cup!!!
Me, too! Very pretty. :D

Broke my resteep time limit this morning & got one more steep out of the shincha from yesterday afternoon. Enjoyed it while making bfast. Most of our festivities are over so I'm ready to crash w/a nice cuppa. Off to stare at the tea drawer!

Jun 15th, '08, 17:05

by Geekgirl » Jun 15th, '08, 17:05

In my cup:

One naughty mini dachsie.

Jun 15th, '08, 17:08

by Chip » Jun 15th, '08, 17:08

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:In my cup:

The dog has style and good taste!!! And needs to go for a "walk."

Come on now...you are teasing us with the gimpse of the dragon tetsubin...show us!

Jun 15th, '08, 17:45

by Geekgirl » Jun 15th, '08, 17:45

Chip wrote: Come on now...you are teasing us with the gimpse of the dragon tetsubin...show us!
Hehe, there is new tea p0rn in the "show off" thread.

Murphy sleeps, all wore out from the tea-nabbing:

Jun 15th, '08, 19:06

by Victoria » Jun 15th, '08, 19:06

Ok that is the cutest thing ever.

Jun 15th, '08, 20:10

by henley » Jun 15th, '08, 20:10

Geekgirl-the tea drinking pooch is too funny!

Enjoyed some Oolong #8 w/OBO this afternoon. All the other teas in the drawer are black teas & they just seem too heavy for 80* weather & high humidity. Looking forward to my new teas arriving next week!!! :D :D :D

Hubby's spending the evening w/his dad so I've had some time to play. Look what bloomed today!

And the white ones bloomed earlier this week...

Jun 15th, '08, 20:27

by ThinkingOutLoud » Jun 15th, '08, 20:27

Just finished the second and final day of an exhausting two day children's grief camp. No tea was had, at all, this weekend. Only gas station coffee. Ugh. Father's day for my poor husband was catch as catch can, though I did manage to pull off the requested meal: ribs, slaw, cornbread, banana pudding. He may be a Yankee, but he sure does love my southern cooking! I am sure to get back into my tea routine tomorrow. I have a container of citron green screaming my name. Hey ... maybe I'll go answer it right now ....

Jun 15th, '08, 20:45

by chamekke » Jun 15th, '08, 20:45

We SO much need an "Our pets and their tea tastes" thread!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 15th, '08, 21:22

by henley » Jun 15th, '08, 21:22

ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Just finished the second and final day of an exhausting two day children's grief camp. No tea was had, at all, this weekend. Only gas station coffee. Ugh. Father's day for my poor husband was catch as catch can, though I did manage to pull off the requested meal: ribs, slaw, cornbread, banana pudding. He may be a Yankee, but he sure does love my southern cooking! I am sure to get back into my tea routine tomorrow. I have a container of citron green screaming my name. Hey ... maybe I'll go answer it right now ....
Missed you, girl! Go get that tea!!!

Your hubby sounds like mine (except he's not a yankee). The requested meal here was the traditional hearty bfast: scrambled eggs, grits, biscuits & sausage gravy. I've learned to make it healthier by leaving out some of the egg yolks & switching to turkey sausage. Gotta do what we can to keep these guys healthy! :wink:

Jun 15th, '08, 21:23

by LavenderPekoe » Jun 15th, '08, 21:23

Tea day for me was 2 steeps of Alishan that I started steeping yesterday (I love my kyusu.) and some Irish Breakfast iced. I sent some of the iced home with my dad. He came down (amazingly, he doesn't like to come into the city) and we made dinner and had ice cream. That was it for me today.

That mini daschie is too cute. And the tetsubin is nice too (I like the cups better than the pot, though. :wink: )
Teas for trade:

Jun 15th, '08, 22:06

by Katrina » Jun 15th, '08, 22:06

Henley - Thanks for the day lily photos. Such pretty colors!

We took the kids to see my in-laws today for Father's Day. A nice visit, but not really a tea day. (My MIL tries really hard to make sure there's tea in the house, but she drinks only tea bags. When I first came to there house it was only Lipton or generic supermarket, but she's actually been making a huge effort to try to get different things for me. So sweet, but I will always be wishing I had the nerve to bring my own loose leaf. Instead, I break out the bags, make cups of tea for each of us and just enjoy some quiet time chatting with her. That is certainly more important than my tea habit.)

I had the most amazing day yesterday visiting with a friend who moved to Asia 2 1/2 years ago. I've known her and her family since kindergarten and I was invited to a dinner at her sister's house while my friend is here in the States for a visit. I hadn't seen two of her siblings in 20 years! I could have cried with happiness at spending such a wonderful day with them (and at being included during her short visit "home.") Our relationship has largely been via e-mail since high school so an in person visit was just breathtaking. Plus I got to finally meet her little boy and she got to meet my youngest for the first time. Sorry to gush, but I'm just on Cloud 9...and missing them already.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com