Thursday will be TeaDay 6/19/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your ONE favorite teaware color is...?

Clear
27%
White
11%
Blue
16%
Green
7%
Brown
13%
red/orange
4%
Purple
No votes
Tan
2%
Black
2%
Silver
No votes
Other
18%

Total votes: 45

Jun 19th, '08, 16:23

by witches brew » Jun 19th, '08, 16:23

A very pale, cold-water, second infusion of Tie Guan Yin. Very refreshing.

Counting my way through my teaware, I find that brown is the predominant color. But there's nothing like a simple white cup to capture the beauty of the tea itself.

Jun 19th, '08, 16:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 19th, '08, 16:34

Beautiful!

Jun 19th, '08, 16:38

by Pentox » Jun 19th, '08, 16:38

henley wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
Pentox wrote:
henley wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: LOVE it! My kitchen drainboard often looks like this, except much less "English." LOL!
Thanx! I think I'm the only person on the board who doesn't own a stitch of asian teaware.
That can be fixed.
ROTFL! I was just thinking the same thing!
Does this mean I get to go thru everybody's photos & pick out what I want? :lol:
Yeah, doesn't mean they'll send it to you. Although i'm sure most people would be willing to depart with them for a price :P

Jun 19th, '08, 16:55

by Geekgirl » Jun 19th, '08, 16:55

Pentox wrote:
henley wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
Pentox wrote:
henley wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: LOVE it! My kitchen drainboard often looks like this, except much less "English." LOL!
Thanx! I think I'm the only person on the board who doesn't own a stitch of asian teaware.
That can be fixed.
ROTFL! I was just thinking the same thing!
Does this mean I get to go thru everybody's photos & pick out what I want? :lol:
Yeah, doesn't mean they'll send it to you. Although i'm sure most people would be willing to depart with them for a price :P
NEVER!!! hehe.

Jun 19th, '08, 16:56

by Tadpole » Jun 19th, '08, 16:56

Chip wrote:
Tadpole wrote:I like it all, and would love to have a giant space to display lots of beautiful teaware. As it is, I have very limited space (and funds), so I make do with basics. My trusty white gaiwan, glass pitcher, and matching white tasting cups is really what I use most often because I like to see the colors of the tealeaves and tea itself. So I guess white is my favorite in that it is the most universal and practical.

The fun teaware that gets used occasionally: a blue gaiwan with light blue interior, a celadon gaiwan with raised white plum flower pattern, a brown 2-cup Chatsford teapot, a glass Numi teapot, 2 glass teacups, a large 20 oz. teapot shaped like a fat green toad (creative friend acknowledged my obsession with tea and frogs all in one go).

Once I get more living space, I'd collect a lot more blue, gree, celadon, and brown teawares.

There is WenShan Baozhon in my mug this morning. The floraly peachness is really working for me at the moment.
You have nice "basics!" Where is your Wen Shan Bao Zhong from?

Celadon has been calling my name a lot lately. Seems GREEN is my color...in anything and everything actually. I like a bacic white Asian cup for everyday use, like Sal and others, generally just like to see my tea in its natural glory. White is just very simple, uncomplicated and approachable. I have used the same cheap set for 9 years now. But greens...and glass are what make me go gaga.

However seeing all the teaware here and under the "show us your teaware" topic makes me realize I would like almost anything.

Started the day with Yunnan Gold from adagio. I can tell it is good, but after 9 years of trying Yunnan blacks and never loving one of them, I should come to grips that it is not my cup of tea. I hate giving up on a whole "class" of tea...I will finish this off.

And onto Fukamushi Houryoko. WOW, great session. This is better than the Maki by a hair. Fukamushi Supreme still reigns supreme this shincha for me though.
Hi Chip,
I get my WenShan from Red Blossom Tea Company in San Francisco. Actually most of my tea is from there these days. I also venture into Imperial Tea Court, also in San Francisco.

What kinds of Yunnan have you been drinking? I'm not a black tea enthusiast, but I tend to like Yunnans that are almost all gold leafed, with little or no black leaf. I forget what that's called - tippy? I appreciate the dark chocolately spicy taste that reminds me a bit of some cooked puerhs. I think the next time I get some Yunnan I'll pick up some osmanthus blossoms to mix with it. I think the layer of apricot aroma would be interesting. Anyhoo, maybe Yunnan just isn't your cuppa. :)

Jun 19th, '08, 17:19

by Geekgirl » Jun 19th, '08, 17:19

Muahahaha! Box from houde was just delivered. teehee!

In my cup, iced black mango. yum!

Jun 19th, '08, 17:35

by witches brew » Jun 19th, '08, 17:35

henley wrote:Thought I would post a reality check.
Henley, you have the nicest looking washing-up of anyone I know. Today's photos were especially charming.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jun 19th, '08, 18:15

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 19th, '08, 18:15

I picked blue. It made the most sense at 7:30 this morning before I went to work. I think that was because my kyusu is blue and two of my cups are also shades of blue. The remaining teaware consists of two green, one white, one brown, and one clear not counting the Pyrex measuring cup has been serving as a brewing vessel for a bit. I really should find a 2 cup teapot to use instead of that.

Today, I had two mugs of Oolong #8 at work and am now enjoying a cup of Adagio's Masala Chai. I made it with almond milk and honey and it tastes really good. I especially like the chunks of ginger in it.

Jun 19th, '08, 18:25

by henley » Jun 19th, '08, 18:25

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:In my cup, iced black mango. yum!
I was surprised by that not too long ago. Never expected it to be as good as it is.

WB-Thanx for the compliment. Like your photo, too. Very summery.

CK-I'll have to try the masala chai w/honey. Sounds promising.

Jun 19th, '08, 19:17

by Pentox » Jun 19th, '08, 19:17

Pentox wrote: I don't think that I'll ever find a porcelean teacup that I really like. Most of them seem too gaudy for my tastes.
Aw crap.

Guess I spoke too soon.

Jun 19th, '08, 19:41

by Victoria » Jun 19th, '08, 19:41

Pentox wrote:
Pentox wrote: I don't think that I'll ever find a porcelean teacup that I really like. Most of them seem too gaudy for my tastes.
Aw crap.

Guess I spoke too soon.
I WANT THIS NOW!!! Where did you find it?

Jun 19th, '08, 20:02

by tenuki » Jun 19th, '08, 20:02

henley wrote:Thought I would post a reality check. This is in honor of all the lovely photos that get posted & the part of them that nobody sees.
You wash your teaware!?!?!!?
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 19th, '08, 20:03

by Geekgirl » Jun 19th, '08, 20:03

tenuki wrote:
henley wrote:Thought I would post a reality check. This is in honor of all the lovely photos that get posted & the part of them that nobody sees.
You wash your teaware!?!?!!?
Yes, darling. You wash porcelain. Weird isn't it?

Jun 19th, '08, 20:05

by tenuki » Jun 19th, '08, 20:05

Victoria wrote: I am starting to realize Tung Ting is not a favorite.
Until you taste the spring 2008 Dong Ding from FLT that's in the oolong pass box... ;)
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 19th, '08, 20:12

by henley » Jun 19th, '08, 20:12

Salsero wrote:Yes, very cool, Henley. You have converted me into a fan of these things.
Chip wrote:Girly teacup photos from the women folk are always a pleasure to the men folk here.
Pentox wrote:I don't think that I'll ever find a porcelean teacup that I really like. Most of them seem too gaudy for my tastes.... Aw crap. Guess I spoke too soon.
So maybe the girly teacups aren't as bad as y'all once thought, huh?! :wink:

And BTW, Pentox, that is a nice cup & saucer. Where did you find it?