FRIDAY TeaDay 7/18/08 Has your brewing changed?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Brewing question revisited. How do you brew? Has it changed since the same time last year?

My brewing methods have not changed
22%
My brewing methods have changed
45%
I am a newbie of less than one year, but since I started, yes, my methods have changed
24%
I am a newbie of less than one year, but my methods have not changed
6%
Other
2%

Total votes: 49

Jul 18th, '08, 21:52

by soapy » Jul 18th, '08, 21:52

my brewing styles hasn't really changed just got better and began using a scale and being more fanatical about the teas!! lol other then that pretty much the same

Started out with3/4 cuppa coffee this morning then enjoy a hot cuppa sonata and then with the humid day had 2 pitchers of my Raspberry Lime Ricky Iced Tea today, having my last 2 glasses now before bed...

I had a jar of the Marmite sent to me by an online friend from England that we've been swapping stuff for a couple years now and it's definitely a love hate thing you have to have an acquired taste for.. I can live without it thats for sure! you can find it in the EUR isle at some grocery stores.... She did send me some wonderful earl grey tea and some others!
Get Paid to go on Vacations and deduct ALL personal travel, car purchases, concerts, attractions,golfing, flowers, going to sport events and so much more.
ask me how!
http://travelsyourway.biz
What are you waiting for...Join Today!

Jul 18th, '08, 22:17

by RussianSoul » Jul 18th, '08, 22:17

I am a newbie. A year ago I was drinking teabags and complaining about them. This year I found loose leaf, learned to brew green tea, tried puerh, figured out gongfu brewing. So, there were many changes.

I am drinking 2008 Dong Ding from FLT. This is the second day I am drinking it, started yesterday and am now on my 7th steep... I think... Oh, I drank other teas in between, some Gan Lu, some sencha, but this Dong Ding keeps going and going. Like Energizer Bunny really.

Jul 19th, '08, 00:28

by rodstnmn » Jul 19th, '08, 00:28

chamekke wrote:
{"Blucher!" Whinny!"}
That got a smile from me.
Chamekke, thank you for teaching me how to do the quotes.

Now it's time for me to go to bed so.... :shock: {"Walk this way"}

Jul 19th, '08, 00:35
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jul 19th, '08, 00:35

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:No new photo today (yet), but I couldn't resist posting the tea-troupe from my photo-fun yesterday
No fair, Geekgirl, you've got a whole cast of performers working for you. I can't compete at this epic production level! Great photo!
Victoria wrote:In fact I have a watermelon crape myrtle in my back yard.
I love the grape ones, but don't have any in my yard so I had to Klepto these under cover of darkness from my subdivision's common areas.

Tonight I am settled into an exotic port of call, the name of which must remain secret due to important national security issues. I see that Olivierco successfully retreived a photo and some very appropriate comments from my European Editor/alter ego.

Thanks so much, Olivier!

For a while I was a little worried about my Editor's current reliability. When I dropped off the photos at his office, something seemed just a little amiss. There was a cup of OBO sitting on his desk and I thought I caught a whisp in the the air of some intensely and exotically flavored tea. In his eyes, for just a moment, I thought I saw a flash of something peculiar and demented ... like he had stopped taking meds that he needed or had started taking meds that he shouldn't be taking. Oh well, my concerns seem to have been unfounded as everything is turning out just fine.

Do keep an eye on him just in case, Olivier, but I am sure it will all work out fine. The man thinks the world of me and I have the greatest trust in his judgement.

Jul 19th, '08, 00:53

by rodstnmn » Jul 19th, '08, 00:53

rodstnmn wrote:
chamekke wrote:
{"Blucher!" Whinny!"}

:shock: {"Walk this way"}
Slight editing change. I didn't like the way that sounded.
I am really tired and now I'm going to bed. :oops:

In my cup a rooibus.

Jul 19th, '08, 01:07

by Zodduska » Jul 19th, '08, 01:07

Since I've been using more leaf and shorter steeps it seems like I get more out of the tea with the added bonus of having to dump and clean my brewing vessels less often. :wink:

In my cup this evening is Li-Shan Tsui Feng Oolong.

Jul 19th, '08, 01:59

by chamekke » Jul 19th, '08, 01:59

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:Image
This is totally OT, but Cinnamon Kitty ... every time I see your beautiful avatar, I feel very happy. Such a gorgeous image.
Last edited by chamekke on Jul 19th, '08, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 19th, '08, 01:59

by chamekke » Jul 19th, '08, 01:59

rodstnmn wrote:
rodstnmn wrote:
chamekke wrote:
{"Blucher!" Whinny!"}

:shock: {"Walk this way"}
Slight editing change. I didn't like the way that sounded.
I am really tired and now I'm going to bed. :oops:

In my cup a rooibus.
Hey, no problem. I'm forever saying things that sound like innuendos without meaning to, or not noticing other people's innuendos (unintentional or otherwise).

So I hadn't even noticed, but - thanks for the kind thought :)

Jul 19th, '08, 03:21

by rodstnmn » Jul 19th, '08, 03:21

chamekke wrote:

Hey, no problem. I'm forever saying things that sound like innuendos without meaning to, or not noticing other people's innuendos (unintentional or otherwise).
You don't know how good that made me feel. Thanks. The talent among all the tea chatters is amazing and overwhelming to me. Your understanding of what happened with those two posts was exactly right. Thanks.

I'm still chuckling about the "Blutcher" and now for the next little while, anytime someone posts this

:shock: who are you going to think of?

Jul 19th, '08, 22:32

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 19th, '08, 22:32

chamekke wrote:
This is totally OT, but Cinnamon Kitty ... every time I see your beautiful avatar, I feel very happy. Such a gorgeous image.
Thank you! I really appreciate the compliment and I'm glad it makes you happy. It shows that a cheap digital camera can take good pictures every so often. I think this is the full shot that I cropped it from. It was just a simple set up of my favorite tea cup filled with Fukamushi Sencha Supreme and a spring of lilac from a bush in the backyard set on a wooden stool with the carpet coming through as the background.

Jul 20th, '08, 01:03

by chamekke » Jul 20th, '08, 01:03

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:
chamekke wrote:
Thank you! I really appreciate the compliment and I'm glad it makes you happy. It shows that a cheap digital camera can take good pictures every so often. I think this is the full shot that I cropped it from. It was just a simple set up of my favorite tea cup filled with Fukamushi Sencha Supreme and a spring of lilac from a bush in the backyard set on a wooden stool with the carpet coming through as the background.

Sometimes simplicity is best. And the lilac just glows!

Thank you for sharing the story behind the photo :)

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly