Monday TeaDay 9/08/08 Craving tea at night?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

When do you CRAVE tea more, at night (when maybe you cannot have more tea) or in the morning as the water is heating for your first cup of the day.

I crave tea more at night (when maybe I cannot have more)
23%
I crave tea more in the morning as the water is heating
36%
I crave it night and morning pretty equally
39%
Other
2%

Total votes: 44

Sep 8th, '08, 03:07
Scrolling: scrolling

Monday TeaDay 9/08/08 Craving tea at night?

by Chip » Sep 8th, '08, 03:07

Is it Monday already? Well, at least it is TeaDay. You are all invited to share TeaDay with all of us. So go brew and share what is in your cup today, all day long.

Yesterday, Chocolate dessert garnered the most votes in a landslide in the TeaRoom poll. You can however still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic asks another crave factor question. I was thinking this last night, I seem to crave tea more at night when it is too late for me to drink caffinated tea. I thought, well, only a night's sleep away from morning tea. In the morning as my water was heating, I was really craving tea as well.

I wondered, when do you crave tea more, at night (when maybe you cannot have it) or in the morning as the water is heating for your first cup of the new TeaDay?

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone today. Bottoms up ...
Last edited by Chip on Sep 8th, '08, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 8th, '08, 03:27

Yunnian Premium Alliance Puerh

by Salsero » Sep 8th, '08, 03:27

My best tea experiences are usually at night after things have calmed down. That's when I feel I am most tuned in to my tea.

Sep 8th, '08, 06:29

by augie » Sep 8th, '08, 06:29

I think I more enjoy tea at the end of the day because there is nothing else to tune out. I always have a cup at the end of the day, regardless.

Great photo Salsero.

Sep 8th, '08, 07:54

by Beanbean » Sep 8th, '08, 07:54

I crave it pretty much equally but I do deny myself after about 6pm because the caffeine really interrupts my sleep.

This morning I'm into my second cup (huge mug :shock: ) of Ceylon. It's the coolest morning of the season so far (43 degrees on the deck) so the tea is especially nice. Autumn is my favorite season of the year and I can tell that it's just around the corner. Woohooo!! 8)

Sep 8th, '08, 07:56

by omegapd » Sep 8th, '08, 07:56

Night owl here.

No tea this morning, but enjoyed a really nice Silver Needle white yesterday with lunch. One of the first white teas I've really enjoyed- thanks to bronzebed.

E

Sep 8th, '08, 08:30
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Sep 8th, '08, 08:30

I voted that I crave fairly equally. I'm one of those lucky people who don't have a problem with caffeine at night, so I can enjoy my favorite blends and brews at any time. I do, however, tend to go more with my rooibos in the later hours, because I now associate that with relaxing and winding down the day. Ah, the mental games we play with ourselves!

I also find that my evening craving is more frequent over the autumn and winter months. I suppose a lot of that has to do with weather driving us indoors. I catch up on my "heavier reading" (on the list this winter are Homer, Shakespeare, and if I am feeling particularly masochistic, Joyce's Ulysses), so I suppose it makes sense that a nice pot of something close at hand is more welcome.

~Cin

Sep 8th, '08, 09:12

by CynTEAa » Sep 8th, '08, 09:12

That pic is gorgeous, Sal!

The first cup is the most important one. Can't function without it. 8)

Usually that is Yunnan Gold. There is also usually an afternoon craving. Gosh, I didn't sleep well last night. Today ought to be fun!

Sep 8th, '08, 09:20

by Smari » Sep 8th, '08, 09:20

I crave tea morning and night equally. At night, even like at 10-11pm I'm still drinking caffeinated tea. Funny how I still manage to get really sleepy even after all of that caffeine. I guess it's because I used to be a heavy coffee drinker :shock:

In the morning, I wake up craving it as well but usually craving for a really strong tea.

In my cup this morning, Den's sencha extra green. A deserving Monday morning :)

Sep 8th, '08, 10:39

by kymidwife » Sep 8th, '08, 10:39

I crave it equally morning and night, ,and fortunately am not toooo bothered by the caffeine, rarely have trouble sleeping.

Gonna try my first pic here... nothing spectacular, but it made a pretty photo. I threw some of my homemade powdered sencha in my megablender with some ice and presto... green tea icee!

Photo is taken on my deck railing with blooming tomato as a backdrop.

Have a great tea day.

Sarah

Sep 8th, '08, 10:43

by kongni » Sep 8th, '08, 10:43

I try to cut off any caffeine intake after 5 pm. Second/third steeps, and low/no caffeine brews are ok though :)

about to pour a nice thick cup of organic keemun. mmmmmm! :)

Sep 8th, '08, 10:44

by leiche » Sep 8th, '08, 10:44

If I'm awake, I want tea. I'm lucky -- I can drink caffeinated beverages right up the point where I fall asleep. I sometimes sleep better if I've had caffeine right before.

Working on some Qi Zhong while doing my reading.

Sep 8th, '08, 10:46

by kongni » Sep 8th, '08, 10:46

great photo kymidwife! Looks tasty :)

Sep 8th, '08, 10:59

by Salsero » Sep 8th, '08, 10:59

kymidwife wrote: Gonna try my first pic here...
Quite spectacular, Sarah!

Sep 8th, '08, 11:04

by Cinnamon Kitty » Sep 8th, '08, 11:04

Definitely morning for me. I drink tea up until I go to sleep, so I definitely crave it as soon as I am awake again.

Organic Monk's Blend with some Orange Blossom Oolong to start my day with.

Sep 8th, '08, 11:27

by Jack_teachat » Sep 8th, '08, 11:27

About even for me, although I tend to stick to green teas late afternoon/evening. Yutaka Midori to accompany Mansfield Park today, I think this is my favorite Austen so far. YM arrived this morning and is fantastic! although I am going to adjust my parameters slightly for the next brew. Jack :D