Friday TeaDay 10/17/08 TC/TCR ANNOUNCEMENT DAY!

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Announcement: TeaChat Tastings, Comparisons, and Reviews (TC/TCR) is coming! We hope to have the first teas in participants' hands within a month. Will you participate?

YES YES YES
64%
I think so
22%
I think not
2%
No
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 55

Oct 17th, '08, 09:15

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 17th, '08, 09:15

Even though I just joined like a month ago I'm looking forward to trying out new teas, and this seems like an awesome way to do that. Count me in!

Enjoying some buloumi from Shan Shui Teas...very interesting

Oct 17th, '08, 09:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 17th, '08, 09:18

Shelob wrote: Victoria, please post NO MORE PICS of your teaware..I believe my skin color is turning a light shade of green, not only from drinking greens, but green w/envy :twisted:

{Oh, by the way, Oolongs on tap for me next week, going shopping tomorrow to see what I can find!}
Sorry Shelob, but a brannd New RICE PATTERN Kyusu set just arrived from Japan last night on my doorstep! Pictures are inevitable!!

Oh and that Green Martian color will fade into a lovely tan if you drink enough oolong. And here everyone thinks I'm tan from the California sun! Ha!

Oct 17th, '08, 09:40

by geeber1 » Oct 17th, '08, 09:40

I'd love to participate! What a great way to expand your tea knowledge and give Adagio a hand also.

Thanks, Adagio for being open and providing this opportunity!

This morning in my cup is Adagio Apple. Good for a crisp fall morning. :)

Oct 17th, '08, 10:07

by Smari » Oct 17th, '08, 10:07

Chip- indeed this is an announcement worth waiting for! I think this is a totally wonderful idea, and it would be a great opportunity for people that are just beginning their journey to discover other teas that they may have not not tried yet. Count me in as one of interested tea lovers here :)

This morning- ali shan again. I think today I'm going to stop by Teavana that just opened at the mall to see if I can find me anything worth buying.
Tea tea tea... I like tea...

Oct 17th, '08, 10:11

by Shelob » Oct 17th, '08, 10:11

Victoria wrote:Sorry Shelob, but a brannd New RICE PATTERN Kyusu set just arrived from Japan last night on my doorstep! Pictures are inevitable!!

Oh and that Green Martian color will fade into a lovely tan if you drink enough oolong. And here everyone thinks I'm tan from the California sun! Ha!
Ha! I truly love greens, however a CA Tan would be nice too! Guess I need to work on that! Thanks for making me laugh! Enjoy your day...the weekend is upon us :lol:

You would have to go and say 'RICE CUPS', one of my fav new patterns!!!!

oolong # 40 from Adagio in my cup now, I really do like this!

Oct 17th, '08, 10:33

by neowolf » Oct 17th, '08, 10:33

Sounds very, very interesting. Alas, I'm a bad person and not drinking tea this morning! I was in such a rush I've had no time!

Oct 17th, '08, 10:42

by olivierco » Oct 17th, '08, 10:42

It looks great although not living in the US might be a problem to participate?

Kanro gyokuro to start a well deserved week-end!

Oct 17th, '08, 11:06

by Carnelian » Oct 17th, '08, 11:06

I would be so in!

About to scour the TeaPass box for something new and different.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Oct 17th, '08, 11:28

by kymidwife » Oct 17th, '08, 11:28

Tasting groups, yes yes yes, I am SO very IN, sign me up!

Victoria... a rice pattern kyusu? I may have to kill you. Waiting for a variety of rice pattern cups to arrive from ebay vendors, thanks to your bad influence. :evil:

In my cup this morning... Mmmmmmmmmm.... Castleton Moonlight 2nd flush from Tea Emporium. I got my TE package this morning and I am so freakin excited! I took a whole bunch of pictures of the opening of the package and the first brewing and will post a separate thread about it... but for now, here's the cup I just finished...

Oct 17th, '08, 11:39
Vendor Member

by TIM » Oct 17th, '08, 11:39

Brilliant! I truly respect the noble attempt of this idea. If there is still a spot for me to contribute, I will gladly jump on it.

2006 Yiwu 400 yrs. old trees May harvest in my cup

Oct 17th, '08, 11:42

by Pentox » Oct 17th, '08, 11:42

Sounds great, I'm in. The whole program sounds a bit intense!.

Today's cup, O-cha chiran supreme.

Oct 17th, '08, 11:42

by Victoria » Oct 17th, '08, 11:42

kymidwife wrote: Victoria... a rice pattern kyusu? I may have to kill you. Waiting for a variety of rice pattern cups to arrive from ebay vendors, thanks to your bad influence. :evil:
You're welcome!
kymidwife wrote: In my cup this morning... Mmmmmmmmmm.... Castleton Moonlight 2nd flush from Tea Emporium. I got my TE package this morning and I am so freakin excited! I took a whole bunch of pictures of the opening of the package and the first brewing and will post a separate thread about it... but for now, here's the cup I just finished...
So how is the second flush? That glass cup looks pretty cool, is it embossed with leaves?
Looking forward to your pictures!
:)

Oct 17th, '08, 11:49

by Chip » Oct 17th, '08, 11:49

chamekke wrote:Very impressive!

Chip, is this open only to U.S. residents, or...?
To our international friends, we will be discussing this aspect next week. If it is possible, I would like to offer it internationally. We are an international TeaCommunity after all!

Obviously, I am all in. I have been excited about tasting programs for some time. I really like sharing the same tea with a larger group. And sharing multible offerings for everyone to compare is almost too good to be true.

Yame Gyokuro a la O-Cha with Delilah staring at my cup the whole time. She likes to watch me drink tea every morning, sits on my butcher block table, never saying a word, but I am not sharing with her. All she would have to do is ask. :twisted:

Adagio Keemun is empty in my cup, NEXT! Hmmm, Chiran Supreme perhaps?
Last edited by Chip on Oct 17th, '08, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 17th, '08, 11:53

by omegapd » Oct 17th, '08, 11:53

eor1122 wrote:

looks like I'll never get a chance to try biscotti :cry:
Ah, my kid uses milk, so there's at least one other way. :wink: Happy one month!

EW

Oct 17th, '08, 11:54

by kymidwife » Oct 17th, '08, 11:54

I didn't get any Castleton Moonlight 1st flush so I don't have much to compare to, but I think the 2nd flush is wonderful. I will post under blacks so you can see the amazing packaging of Tea Emporium, and I have several pics of the dry leaf, the leaf in a glass pot while infusing, the spent leaf, and a 3 and 5 minute brew.

There is no bitterness, great aroma, a nice velvety smooth mouthfeel with only a tiny bit of astringency... really delicious. But then, I am just nuts about Darjeelings of late. I can't wait to open all the others!

The cup was a thrift store find... not sure of its origin, but it may even be an odd cup from a glass punchbowl set. It has a pretty embossed floral pattern that I really like... and the tea color just sparkles in it, i love that. Glass is good. :)

Waiting for pictures to upload to photobucket...

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***