Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 2nd, '16, 00:47
Vendor Member

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Jun 2nd, '16, 00:47

90s 7581, WET HK traditional storage. Drinking it from a 65ml 80s-90s F1 heini from EoT. I bought this tea several months ago and was warned that the bugs had gotten into it. No bugs, but there was a light layer of mold over the brick. I broke it up and let it air out in an open plastic bag.

After airing out for 2-3 months, this tea has improved a great deal. After two rinses, the first infusion tasted like traditional storage, but with characteristic sweetness, sourness and bitterness from 7581. The second infusion has a hint of storage to it; mushroom flavors. The tea has a touch of distinctive 7581 flavor to it now, which was previously covered up by the storage aromas. I think this tea will be even better in a couple of years. It's significantly smoother on the throat now than it was a month ago, so I'm pretty happy with the way it's progressing. A little wetter than I like my traditional storage, but it's not a complete disaster as some cakes can be if the storage is done all wrong!

Jun 3rd, '16, 05:20

by kuánglóng » Jun 3rd, '16, 05:20

Rui wrote:2013 Yunnan Sourcing Da Si from GreenTeaGuru in UK. A very pleasant apricot tasting and slightly sweet followed by a light bitter taste. Great tea already but it sounds like being one of those that would be even better in the future.
I've only got a 100g sample of this great tea and again could kick my own butt for not having ordered a cake or two while they were still available there. From what I see they still have some bings left at yunnansourcing but I'd have to wait until I get back home since customs over here are a royal PITA. No such issues with orders from the UK - I got some really nice sheng Pu from the greenteaguru and will certainly order some more tea from that store.

Jun 3rd, '16, 18:59

by whatsinaname » Jun 3rd, '16, 18:59

With this warmer weather, I have finished off the last chunk of a 7532-701 cake.
Broke up a 7542-901 cake for daily drinking.

Also broke off a chunk of 2010 EoT Bangwei.
This tea is serious. Soup so thick and oily. Greasy.

Will be digging thru the Tier 2 teas for another daily drinker before too long. Thinking a Xiaguan tuo or mebbe the 2008 Stone Pressed Yiwu. Hawaiian Mengpasha?

I always love getting back to the raw puerh this time of year!

Jun 3rd, '16, 23:50

by Alucard » Jun 3rd, '16, 23:50

2005 Mengku Wild Arbor Raw Puerh (sample). 6g, 100ml jian shui pot, 95 C. It's smooth, woody, a tad fruity, mild sweetness, camphor. I like it :D

Jun 13th, '16, 07:16

by Rui » Jun 13th, '16, 07:16

kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote:2013 Yunnan Sourcing Da Si from GreenTeaGuru in UK. A very pleasant apricot tasting and slightly sweet followed by a light bitter taste. Great tea already but it sounds like being one of those that would be even better in the future.
I've only got a 100g sample of this great tea and again could kick my own butt for not having ordered a cake or two while they were still available there. From what I see they still have some bings left at yunnansourcing but I'd have to wait until I get back home since customs over here are a royal PITA. No such issues with orders from the UK - I got some really nice sheng Pu from the greenteaguru and will certainly order some more tea from that store.
Good news: last time I spoke to Green Tea Guru they are about to order some more cakes from Yunnan Sourcing to bring to the UK.

Jun 13th, '16, 09:09
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 13th, '16, 09:09

2016 Da Hu Sai, 2016 Xiao Hu Sai, 2016 pu erh maocha, two kinds of lao cha tou and 2003 mao cha, and that's just what I remember! Bought 500g of Jingmai Shan maocha :)

Jun 13th, '16, 09:33

by kuánglóng » Jun 13th, '16, 09:33

Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
Good news: last time I spoke to Green Tea Guru they are about to order some more cakes from Yunnan Sourcing to bring to the UK.
Thanks, Rui. I've just ordered some more cakes and samples from them last night and will get a cake of the Da Si as soon as they have it back in stock.

Jun 14th, '16, 08:54

by Rui » Jun 14th, '16, 08:54

2013 Gedeng Pu Ren Tang sheng. Lightly sweet and mellow at the moment. :)

Jun 14th, '16, 12:32

by Cwyn » Jun 14th, '16, 12:32

Omg thank you Teachat for changing the font and colors. This old lady can finally see and read more than a topic a two at a time. Still finishing off sample of w2t 2004 Jingmai. Definitely a durable tea, not terribly complex but more bitter than most of today's Jingmai.

Jun 14th, '16, 22:23
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 14th, '16, 22:23

Drinking 2016 Jingmai maocha with Nongfu Spring water. Grape and grapefruit aromas with something darker. Some black tea aromas. Really pleasant way to wake up. Found out I got ripped off on this tea, though: a Yunnan jin is a kilo, not 500g. I was wondering why the lady asked me if I wanted 500g or 1000g. I thought she was trying to upsell me. Well, you live and learn and I am still happy with the price paid! It won't happen again :D

Jun 15th, '16, 05:22

by Rui » Jun 15th, '16, 05:22

This must be Jingmai week!

Sipping a new 2016 JINGMAI GULAN from Bannacha.com. Due to the greenish processing this tea is slightly bitter but very pleasant. The orchid aroma of the leaves is excellent and it produces a very clean bright yellow liquor with a very good viscosity.

http://www.bannacha.com/en/103-jingmai-gulan.html

Jun 15th, '16, 20:16
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 15th, '16, 20:16

Rui wrote:This must be Jingmai week!

Sipping a new 2016 JINGMAI GULAN from Bannacha.com. Due to the greenish processing this tea is slightly bitter but very pleasant. The orchid aroma of the leaves is excellent and it produces a very clean bright yellow liquor with a very good viscosity.

Sounds like pu erh you need to consume quickly! The green tea kind.

Jun 16th, '16, 00:35
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 16th, '16, 00:35

Drinking small cha tou I bought in a market yesterday. Quite lovely. Best cha tou I've had yet in Kunming.

Jun 16th, '16, 02:21

by Rui » Jun 16th, '16, 02:21

jayinhk wrote:
Rui wrote:This must be Jingmai week!

Sounds like pu erh you need to consume quickly! The green tea kind.
Most probably. But its slight bitterness might disappear in a year or two hopefully turning into sweetness.
Last edited by Rui on Jun 16th, '16, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 16th, '16, 02:25

by Rui » Jun 16th, '16, 02:25

Today is the time for 2016 Nanzuo Single Trees from Bannacha.com. It is even more aromatic that yesterday's sheng but not astringent at all. It is slightly oily, smooth with a very light semi ripe peach taste. Somehow reminds me of a very light Chawangshop's 2015 He Kai which I am still sipping at the moment. The porcelain covered cup has a lovely orchid aroma when empty.

p.s. Later steepings developed some light bitterness specially in the aftertaste.

+ Post Reply