flavored oolongs

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

What do you think about flavored oolongs

Yummy!
19%
Flavored oolongs? I'd never try them. They're over rated.
37%
I haven't tried them yet... but I want to.
19%
I have tried them, and I do not care for them.
11%
I have tried them, and I really do NOT like them at all.
15%

Total votes: 27

Dec 24th, '08, 06:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Dec 24th, '08, 06:21

xuancheng wrote:
Herb_Master wrote: ...I believe the original Fenghuang Song specimens were imported from Wuyi Shan (they had been imported to Wuyi from the Dahu Prefecture in west central Fujian)...
Could you cite a source for this? There are also sources which say Fenghuang mountain had their own wild tea trees which were cultivated by the locals, and these are the ones which became the raw material for real Dancong.
my source for this is 凤凰单枞 from the publisher's series 中国名茶丛书ISBN7109108759

I have heard that the 崇安县志 says Fenghuang's tea plants were all imported from Wuyi, but have not read it myself.
Will have to go through my notes to try and find sources, can't remember if I wrote down the sources. May have to start reading books and googling again.

The account I read was of a time when the minority ethnic groups in Guangdong were being severely repressed by the governing ethnic majority. Many of the mountain people from Fenghuang migrated to various mountainous areas of Fujian and I believe the next province as well. Over time some of them returned to Fenghuang bringing a few tea plants.

I believe the ethnic minority responsible were the 'She' people.

I will try and get back to research and put it all together with references in a tidy manner, but that will be after Christmas.
Best wishes from Cheshire

Dec 24th, '08, 12:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Dec 24th, '08, 12:54

Herb_Master wrote: I will try and get back to research and put it all together with references in a tidy manner, but that will be after Christmas.
OK so I could not wait but this nothing to do with flavoured Oolong so I have started a new thread

+ Post Reply