Tuesday TeaDay 12/16/08 SALE SALE SALE???!!!???

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. Is it just me, or do the words SALE SALE SALE seem extremely abundant in the tea realm this holiday season?

YES!!!
43%
Maybe
25%
NO!!!
15%
I do not know
17%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 53

Dec 16th, '08, 00:33
Scrolling: scrolling

Tuesday TeaDay 12/16/08 SALE SALE SALE???!!!???

by Chip » Dec 16th, '08, 00:33

Welcome everyone to TeaDay. Please share what is in your cup with us.

Yesterday's Terrible Tea of the Year voting is too close to call, but at last glance green had a slight edge, but ironically also has a slight edge as responders' Best Tea of the Year as well. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. Is it just me, or do the words SALE SALE SALE seem extremely abundant in the tea realm this holiday season? If yes, why? More competition, the economy, other? Please share how this is affecting or not affecting your tea purchasing, and tea purchasing power?

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone today. Bottoms up.

Dec 16th, '08, 01:18

by Victoria » Dec 16th, '08, 01:18

It's my first Christmas experience with tea mania,
yeah there has been a lot, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Love the discounts and free shipping, using it all on teaware!

Dec 16th, '08, 01:20

Gyokuro "Gyoku-Hou"

by Salsero » Dec 16th, '08, 01:20

I have certainly seen that word a lot on the forum. When I order tea, however, none of my vendors seem to mention it!

Dec 16th, '08, 01:30

by Pentox » Dec 16th, '08, 01:30

I've seen the word pop up quite a bit this year, but there's not much backing them. They've all been things I wouldn't really consider to be a real sale. Things like free express shipping (when shipping is normally included), 10% off, not so grand items free w/ $100 purchase, and things like that have been popping up, but it's not really a sale in my book.

I'm hoping to see a few of the after Christmas sales that I saw last year pop up. Although I think they might be a bit smarter about it this time around.

Dec 16th, '08, 01:43
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Dec 16th, '08, 01:43

Where but where? :shock: Any coupons? :P
I usually ignore all 10% sales. For apparel stuff, sales are usually abundant in late January. Probably tea market is not large enough to have big sales. But it could be a good idea that tea retailers bring on sales in spring too to clear out some space for stocking up new tea of the coming year :D
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

Dec 16th, '08, 01:50

by Pentox » Dec 16th, '08, 01:50

gingko wrote:Where but where? :shock: Any coupons? :P
Den's has a sale on some random teaware (none of the great stuff), 10% off of their tin selections.

I can't think of any of the other sales which are still valid.

Dec 16th, '08, 01:52

Re: Gyokuro "Gyoku-Hou"

by olivierco » Dec 16th, '08, 01:52

Salsero wrote:I have certainly seen that word a lot on the forum. When I order tea, however, none of my vendors seem to mention it!
+1

Keemun with my breakfast

Dec 16th, '08, 03:09

by omegapd » Dec 16th, '08, 03:09

Everyday I get emails now from tea vendors with a sale, so I certainly agree. Harney's and Special Teas has been extremely annoying of late.

Got an Adagio order in yesterday but forgot to bring anything with me to work. Luckily I have some stuff here...

EW

Dec 16th, '08, 05:50

by Drax » Dec 16th, '08, 05:50

Hrm, I have noticed a general increase in the amount of business-related emails. But I haven't placed a lot of tea orders with larger companies, so I haven't noticed anything in particularly unusual with tea vendors.

The one that gets me is the constant emails from a place where I ordered checks. I get about 4 emails a week from them. I mean really, how often do I need to re-order checks??

I'm enjoying some gyokuro this morning with breakfast. I still seem to have a bit of some funk hanging around.. . .

Dec 16th, '08, 07:58

by Charlotte » Dec 16th, '08, 07:58

I think every vendor is pushing the sale thingy at this time of year. I aggree with

Jasmine green tea this am. It was very nice.

I agree with Pentox
I've seen the word pop up quite a bit this year, but there's not much backing them. They've all been things I wouldn't really consider to be a real sale. Things like free express shipping (when shipping is normally included), 10% off, not so grand items free w/ $100 purchase, and things like that have been popping up, but it's not really a sale in my book.

Dec 16th, '08, 09:06

by sheila77551 » Dec 16th, '08, 09:06

I must not be looking in the right places. I have purchased tea and accessories as gifts this Christmas season, but I have not been blown away by sales anywhere. Please tell me where to look!
Sheila

Dec 16th, '08, 09:20

by Herb_Master » Dec 16th, '08, 09:20

Teance have a 2 day sale on at the moment but only for limited items in The Gift of Tea section
Best wishes from Cheshire

Dec 16th, '08, 09:24

by Herb_Master » Dec 16th, '08, 09:24

Herb_Master wrote:Teance have a 2 day sale on at the moment but only for limited items in The Gift of Tea section
Just been to check and it seems it may only be to previous customers, If I enter their site blind it is not apparent, If I enter from the link in the Email they sent me it is present, I have to quote a code from the Email.

Prseumably they are anticipating me sending some gifts to some of my new tea friends.

Dec 16th, '08, 09:27

by geeber1 » Dec 16th, '08, 09:27

The only sale I've seen so far is the 15% off sale that Adagio was doing a few weeks ago. I usually ignore sales unless they are at least 20%, but I wanted to get my daughter "into" tea, so took advantage of the 15% off to get her some stuff. Other than that, I don't plan to do any more tea shopping so haven't really been looking out for any tea sales. (Unless Santa brings me a gift card/certificate of some kind!)

This morning I'm trying to warm up with some Nilgiri Craigmore Estate before venturing out into the 5 degree cold to go to work. This is another one of those so-so Nilgiris, don't think I'll order it again.

Dec 16th, '08, 09:45

by Victoria » Dec 16th, '08, 09:45

I hit 4 different vendors with sales promotions for Christmas gifts and stuff I had been wanting for myself. Percentages off and free shipping will usually reel me in, especially if it is a vendor with no sales tax for me. Of course it has to be something I have been admiring.

In this morning's cup Tao of Tea Bohea.

Have a nice day everyone!