Oct 13th, '17, 11:41

Re: Official what Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by MuYun » Oct 13th, '17, 11:41

I usually drink Taiwanese black teas Honey Scent and Red Jade(No. 18), other times some classical Chinese Red teas like Dian Hong or Keemun black. These usually doesn't require sugar or milk/lemon as they are delicious just by themselves.
Any suggestions on similar teas to expand my Black(Read) Tea horizon?

Oct 13th, '17, 14:29

by yshuto » Oct 13th, '17, 14:29

Yatra Tea Co wrote:
yshuto wrote: Drinking m three favorite FF Darjeeling Teas from 2016. Margaret’s Hope, Namring Upper, and Arya. All three were released in December 2016. Why so late? Mariage Freres tends to separate teas best suited to be released during the height of the Spring Season, while they hold on to others to be slightly aged and released in Winter. Out of the two dozen FF Darjeelings I have tasted for 2016, the above mentioned 3 are my favorites. They have lost much of grassy green taste giving way for the other flavors to be enjoyed within the tea. I tend to brew FF Darjeelings a little bit stronger, and steeping a little bit longer at 3.5 minutes @ 195C, resulting in a dark, red colored tea.

I drink the teas with just a trace of sugar. ¼ teaspoons per 360ml of tea. And it not just regular sugar. It’s the pure sweet kind from Nissin or Mitsui. My wife always complains because I make her buy the sugar whenever she travels to Japan. I suppose I could use rock sugar but with the perfectl uniformly granulated sugar from the above two producers, I can get the exact amount each time I brew the teas.
Curious if you have tasted any 2017 FF teas from Darjeeling?
I have not. I'm still waiting for Mariage Freres to release their second batch of 2017FF. Last year, they released their second batch in December. I expect them to do the same this year. As I wrote earlier, I prefer the high number DJ pickings.

Oct 13th, '17, 14:35

by jen02 » Oct 13th, '17, 14:35

Hello everyone, newbie here. I am currently drinking green tea and English breakfast. I drink my tea plain, I don't like sugar, milk or honey in it. I have a couple questions. I'm not sure where to post them. One question is about black tea and the other question is about Pau D'arco. I want to learn more about health benefits of drinking tea. Have a great day, Jen

Oct 14th, '17, 01:44
Vendor Member

by ethan » Oct 14th, '17, 01:44

MuYun wrote: I usually drink Taiwanese black teas Honey Scent and Red Jade(No. 18), other times some classical Chinese Red teas like Dian Hong or Keemun black. These usually doesn't require sugar or milk/lemon as they are delicious just by themselves.
Any suggestions on similar teas to expand my Black(Read) Tea horizon?
I can suggest a few specifically. One is No. 21 from the same work done in Taiwan that produced No. 18; however, not just any 21. Until I tasted the particular harvest from a farmer/producer this year, I thought I did not like it. I can say the same about Assam teas that I have from Taiwan. PM sent.

Oct 14th, '17, 06:54

by Psyck » Oct 14th, '17, 06:54

jen02 wrote: ... One question is about black tea and the other question is about Pau D'arco. I want to learn more about health benefits of drinking tea. Have a great day, Jen
Tea has antioxidants and hence the associated health benefits due to them. Among its other health benefits, it also assists in weight loss though there are presently insufficient human studies on this as it is a relatively new area of research.

European Journal of Nutrition - Decaffeinated green and black tea polyphenols decrease weight gain and alter microbiome populations and function in diet-induced obese mice
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 017-1542-8

Oct 17th, '17, 12:08

by jen02 » Oct 17th, '17, 12:08

Is Red Rose tea black tea? What exactly is considered black tea?

Oct 28th, '17, 12:15

by ljfnord » Oct 28th, '17, 12:15

A nice, smoky Lapsang Souchong from Teavivre. Goes good with an early morning football game.

Nov 21st, '17, 19:05

by elenagonza » Nov 21st, '17, 19:05

I am drinking a simple earl grey....

Nov 22nd, '17, 07:18

by John Sung » Nov 22nd, '17, 07:18

I am drinking Ceylon tea with mint. I added a bit of honey into it. It is very refreshing.

Nov 23rd, '17, 03:16

by quenel » Nov 23rd, '17, 03:16

Jin Jun Mei is a great black tea to try, also named Golden Eyebrow

Feb 21st, '18, 06:23

by Kortney » Feb 21st, '18, 06:23

Though good nothing stands out at all for me...everything I find in this tea I can find better in a decent keemun with much less leaf ie. jing tea shop everyday organic keemun beats this hands down for me and its much cheaper and more complex here (the yuuki does have a decent sweet aftertaste though and good about not getting bitter with long steeps)
I imagine their handpicked blacks are still worth a try, look pretty tasty

Feb 26th, '18, 19:54

by yshuto » Feb 26th, '18, 19:54

yshuto wrote:
Yatra Tea Co wrote:
yshuto wrote: Drinking m three favorite FF Darjeeling Teas from 2016. Margaret’s Hope, Namring Upper, and Arya. All three were released in December 2016. Why so late? Mariage Freres tends to separate teas best suited to be released during the height of the Spring Season, while they hold on to others to be slightly aged and released in Winter. Out of the two dozen FF Darjeelings I have tasted for 2016, the above mentioned 3 are my favorites. They have lost much of grassy green taste giving way for the other flavors to be enjoyed within the tea. I tend to brew FF Darjeelings a little bit stronger, and steeping a little bit longer at 3.5 minutes @ 195C, resulting in a dark, red colored tea.

I drink the teas with just a trace of sugar. ¼ teaspoons per 360ml of tea. And it not just regular sugar. It’s the pure sweet kind from Nissin or Mitsui. My wife always complains because I make her buy the sugar whenever she travels to Japan. I suppose I could use rock sugar but with the perfectl uniformly granulated sugar from the above two producers, I can get the exact amount each time I brew the teas.
Curious if you have tasted any 2017 FF teas from Darjeeling?
I have not. I'm still waiting for Mariage Freres to release their second batch of 2017FF. Last year, they released their second batch in December. I expect them to do the same this year. As I wrote earlier, I prefer the high number DJ pickings.
Mariage Freres never released their second batch of teas and significant estates like Margaret's Hope, Castleton, Arya, etc, were not available from them in 2017. Moving on, they have released Spring Flush 2018 teas starting with Ambootia EX1 and EX2. From what they told me in previous years the EX stands for Experimental. Most likely, Ambootia utilized artificial irrigation to release these teas so early into the season. For now, I will wait and keep on purchasing 2016FF Darjeelings.

Mar 1st, '18, 14:23

by atrix » Mar 1st, '18, 14:23

I like Sadaf's Earl Gray right now.
It's cheap, but tastes very good.

Jun 14th, '18, 15:14

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by iheartea » Jun 14th, '18, 15:14

Tead Off wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg
where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:
I bought it in Darjeeling at the Darjeeling Tea Corner. They seem to be the only retail outlet for Mim's higher end production. They told me most of it is sold directly to German and Japanese distributors. This is a high mountain tea garden producing organic tea and is connected to the government somehow. These are some of the best teas I found.
Mim was my first darjeeling tea but I´ve never seen any of it for years. :(

I´m not likely to travel to Darjeeling any time soon either :?
I don't have an email or website, but, here is the phone # +91 3542254079
Do they mail order to the U.S.?

Jun 14th, '18, 15:23

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by iheartea » Jun 14th, '18, 15:23

nrstooge wrote: First thing this am was black dragon pearls.. with a bit of german rock sugar. In my "work" 6 dragon traveler... darjeling with german rock sugar and taking a bit of cream for it too. That should get me through my 10.5 hr day ahead (I hope).
Where do you buy black dragon pearls? I need something stout.

+ Post Reply