Which black teas are your favorites?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Apr 6th, '17, 20:56

Re: Which black teas are your favorites?

by yshuto » Apr 6th, '17, 20:56

Tasted about 20 different FF Darjeelings of 2016. Among my favorites are Singbuli, Namring, Bloomfield, and Risheehat. As the taste from each and every estate changes every year, these are my favorites for the 2016 year. As the 2017 FF Darjeelings become available, I’ll try about 20 teas again to pick and reorder the ones I like best.

I like a variety of teas like Taiwanese High Mountain Oolong, Matcha, Japanese Green and Rooibos teas but for me, there is nothing that can match a properly brewed mug of First Flush Darjeelings.

Apr 7th, '17, 02:48

by Bok » Apr 7th, '17, 02:48

yshuto wrote: I like a variety of teas like Taiwanese High Mountain Oolong, Matcha, Japanese Green and Rooibos teas but for me, there is nothing that can match a properly brewed mug of First Flush Darjeelings.
To each their own, as they say :mrgreen:

I like Daarjeeling and the likes from time to time, but prefer a good gaoshan black tea any time… Wouldn’t really consider Darjeeling a black tea, seems more like a class of its own. Could even include some Oriental beauty types in there, sometimes quite similar teas.

Apr 8th, '17, 19:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Apr 8th, '17, 19:26

I'm having breakfast while sipping a supposedly high grade Jinjunmei in a early/mid 70s SP.
I must say red teas are really delicate when it comes to pairing them with the right clay. A good clay that pairs well, and the tea will shine beautifully; contrariwise (a too much porous clay for example) and the tea is killed.

I think I will have some Yancha later ..

Apr 9th, '17, 04:37

by kuánglóng » Apr 9th, '17, 04:37

Himalayan teas, mainly Darjeelings. I used to be obsessed with them, used to live and work there for years, sampled thousands, about 50 last year. Back in the hills and before I favored second over first flushes but for some reasons that has changed and I've been drinking more 1st flush teas for some time now, including more and more teas from Nepal.
While I still won't say no to a decent Assam, Nilgiri or chinese red tea these days my daily diet mainly consists of Himalyan 1st flush teas and sheng pu and I usually don't miss much else.
(BTW, back then I started to gongfu just about any tea, usually to the surprise of some old tea hands up there and I haven't looked back since).

May 2nd, '17, 23:52

by janet11 » May 2nd, '17, 23:52

Lapsang souchong Black Tea, is the originator of the world Black Tea. I enjoy the incense slip strong taste of lapsang souchong.

+ Post Reply