Type of black tea

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

May 14th, '17, 21:42

Type of black tea

by janet11 » May 14th, '17, 21:42

When we talked about black tea, we all know that Black tea is the most common type of tea in the West. And there are different types of black tea in the world ranging from blended and flavored teabags to handmade, artisan, loose-leaf teas.
I just know some famous and common black tea, such as Darjeeling Black Tea, Keemun Black Tea, Assam Black Tea, Yunnan Black Tea, Ceylon Black Tea, Earl Grey Black Tea, Nilgiri Black Tea, Lapsang Souchong Black Tea, and Taiwanese Black Teas.
Any other types of black tea do you know?

May 14th, '17, 21:52

Re: Type of black tea

by Muel » May 14th, '17, 21:52

janet11 wrote:When we talked about black tea, we all know that Black tea is the most common type of tea in the West. And there are different types of black tea in the world ranging from blended and flavored teabags to handmade, artisan, loose-leaf teas.
I just know some famous and common black tea, such as Darjeeling Black Tea, Keemun Black Tea, Assam Black Tea, Yunnan Black Tea, Ceylon Black Tea, Earl Grey Black Tea, Nilgiri Black Tea, Lapsang Souchong Black Tea, and Taiwanese Black Teas.
Any other types of black tea do you know?
Actually there are a lot, such as Big Golden Bud, Ying Hong #9, Dian Hong, Dian Hong classic 58, Jin jun mei (golden beautiful eyebrows), etc....... my personal favourite is Ying Hong #9 ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 15th, '17, 03:54

by kuánglóng » May 15th, '17, 03:54

Tea is grown all around the world and most of it ends up as black tea anyway.
Have a look:
http://us.palaisdesthes.com/en_us/about ... -countries

I've recently sampled a number of home-made Georgian black teas which I liked quite a bit, not at last because back in the day these teas were made from leaves that the locals stole from the fields at night and produced (withering-rolling-fermenting-baking) back home in their kitchens :mrgreen:

May 15th, '17, 20:45

by janet11 » May 15th, '17, 20:45

kuánglóng wrote: Tea is grown all around the world and most of it ends up as black tea anyway.
Have a look:

I've recently sampled a number of home-made Georgian black teas which I liked quite a bit, not at last because back in the day these teas were made from leaves that the locals stole from the fields at night and produced (withering-rolling-fermenting-baking) back home in their kitchens :mrgreen:
Interesting! Thank you for your detailed introduction~

Jun 24th, '17, 15:04
Location: meditation center in Malaysia (from 2 July to New Year 2018 at least) but on the way to KL on 29 Jun

by the_winding_path » Jun 24th, '17, 15:04

kuánglóng wrote: Tea is grown all around the world and most of it ends up as black tea anyway.
Have a look:
That web page doesn't have the most accurate information. Just doing a basic scan I noticed it implied all Puerh is processed as shou, not mentioning sheng at all and that Gyokuro's unique flavor is due to a high level of chlorophyll when it is specifically due to the compound L-theanine.
Still a useful and informative page in general 😬

+ Post Reply